Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Sorry 'bout the chicken issues BF4M. Hope you end up with a great big 'ol hatch.

My Sandhill seed order came today. [​IMG] One of the maters I ordered was out and nothing similar to sub (they sold out of all their keeping tomatos) so I have a $3 credit. I think I need to order some birds. [​IMG]
  2. mazojoe

mazojoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Arena, WI
    BF4M- I hope that everything works out for you because you clearly do not have enough chickens for all the space you have!

This no-no of opening the bator and helping is such a hard thing to do! I hatched all of my eggs in the GQF egg holders it worked really well, they were all able to pip and zip the tops right off, but to my dismay they would get hung up in the rack or fall over the edge of the hatching tray....So I did the no-no multiple times and still had a tremendous 29 of 30 hatch...the only one that died is the one I didnt open up the bator to help out from where it was stuck. Maybe egg hatching is the only place I am lucky, but I am actually not going to tell exactly how many times I opened up the bator! lol

Don't fret and keep the positive attitude!

3. Angiebubs

Angiebubs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    Amery, WI WI/MN border
    JEN! Welcome!!! Someone on my side of the state :-D I'm in Amery. And the few of us over here were discussing how fun it would be to get a pot luck park day set up for sometime this falll.....Anyhow enjoy the new chicks (I have 8 more coming 1st week of June)[​IMG]
  4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    Sorry BF4me on the chicks. I miss spoke on my earlier post. I guess I was reading too fast. *hugs* Off to take a shower

Amy Sandhill has Icelandic c[​IMG]chickens Always my pleasure to be a chicken enabler. lol
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  5. MustLoveHens

MustLoveHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Albion, Wisconsin
    I can't remember where I left off! I think I'm caught up!

Got half the coop cleaned and I'll finish the other half in the next day or so. Now watch it will get nice an cold in the next week and I'll be thinking If I only had waited a few more days! It's hot and yuckie here.....when will winter return?!!

Took pics of the new brooder I got. I ended up with a stock tank. I have little baby fuzz butts in it even as we speak. Yet more seminar chicks. These are bound for Stevens Point I think.
    ANywho...I'm to hot and tired to post the pics right at the moment so ya'll will need to wait for Ugly Baby Pics.[​IMG]

Oh Welcome to Jen! It's tons of fun here!

Ok I must be off....lots to do...If I say it enough then maybe I'll actually get some of it done....
  6. BlackBrookPoultry

BlackBrookPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Western Wisconsin

Angiebubs and I are from Amery, so not too far from you.
  7. kristip

kristip Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    New Glarus
    Cheryl...sorry to hear that the pheasant never made it back home. Hope #2 is a winner! Sorry BF about the chickies...hoping some of mine made it. We will see next weekend.
    On a side note, I am pleased that my "day of chaos" idea worked wonderfully.
    This past Sunday we added an 8x8 run to the current 8x8 run and put a fixed up bunny hutch in there ( closed until Monday). Monday Carol came over with my 3 new birds and took 2 of my meanies to her house ( good layers just not great birds for kids who want to hold them all) And we moved the 3 silkies( #4 is broody in basement) and our 20 week old "baby" outside so they could live in the bunny hutch since they did not want to walk up the 3 foot high ramp to the regular coop. Yes we have a mixed banty and regular bird coop and everyone gets along amazingly well. And there have been no huge battles, just a few correcting squaks and pecks and that is it! Everyone got to meet the silkie rooster and so far he is not crowing outside that we have heard and sticks to his one silkie girlfriend. ( had to explain, kinda, today to the kids( 5 years) why he likes piggy back rides on her lol)

Anyway- so far perfect and thought I would show pics of my newbies as I am a proud momma!
    The first pic is my 3 new birds. Wyandottes and a Delaware[​IMG][​IMG] Pic 2 is our rooster silver surfer. No crowing yet outside although when in basement we heard him. he is about 7 months old and so sweet.
    [​IMG] And here is dd with Solo, the Cockoo marans/EE cross that has great cheek poofs. Just about 20 weeks old and comb is getting really red! Should be an olive egger.
  8. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Cute birds... But cuter child!!!:D
  9. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    See? SEE?!?!?!? I'm not the only one!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  10. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Help! My 3 poophead marans are tromping all over my LO eggs. Both are pipped, but will they actually be able to hatch with 3 stoopids messing with them nonstop? In fact, I think one of them was actually pecking at the egg, because I see a bit of blood around the membrane. The one is a real ah!t! Advice please please please...!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by