Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Oh... This is in the Brinsea, so no room to move

2. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

Good evening! I cant believe it...I am actually on here! I was feeling so sorry for H&R that her computer is bad...I went to sign in on mine after the doctor visit and yup, mine is dead too! I turn it on and get 7 short beeps--DH is checking it now. So I go to use this one and I cant get into my BYC account cause for some reason the password that I KNOW is correct isnt! So I have the message sent to my email but...I cant get into that either cause I never have to sign in to it! So DH gets home and tells me my password...but that's not it either! SHEESH! So finally we get a new password and I reset mine for here...and here I am at last! (what an ordeal)

Yeah Jim--I called him when you said to pick up my cages when I get the turkeys...he said he lost my number and his brother wanted them out so he sold them AND the Sweetgrasses to somebody else!!! Story of my life lately...so I still am in search of some hen turkeys...my 3 boys are after the single hen I have!

Welcome to all the new folks! We seem to be growing in leaps and bounds here lately! Dont forget to check the bash site (in my siggy) to see if you can come. It is a very fun time! Nice to hook a face to a name too.

I heard from the girl hatching my quail at her Sunday school class...not a single one (out of 48 or so) hatched!!! She didnt want to open them but I guess one stuck to the sreen and it opened and there was a perfectly formed baby in there....WHat do you quail hatchers think? She followed my instructions (and Jim's) to the letter. THe only thing was that there was a temp spike one day in. The eggs were rocking on day 16 and one pipped but none made it out. Any ideas?

I hope your computer (and mine) are easy fixes H&R! Such a pain! Sorry to hear of the losses--I sure hope you catch that varmint! I cant remember anything else...CRS syndrome at work for sure! Good luck on the road trip FT. I cant believe you are traveling that far for mixed eggs! Good night all--talk tomorrow if I can get back on here!
    Sweet dreams! Terri O

3. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

THey'll be fine Bigfam...it's crowded under a chicken too! LOL--

4. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    When I had only 3 LO eggs in my Brin, those chicks would play pinball with the remaining eggs in there. Drove me nuts, but all 3 hatched.

Deep breaths, mama.

5. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    But at least there you can't see it happening! [​IMG]

Oh, the chicken drama! [​IMG] As the egg turns..............

6. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI
    Evening all still on the warm side here. :)

Yep computer problem is fixed...DH came home with a new one and is setting it up so no more having to carry the mouse with me :lol: nice thing is they both run on the same operating system so the 2 computers can share files.

The eggs should be okay, our chicks always play bowling with the other eggs:D

Nice pictures Kristi they are all cute!

TO hope your computer gets working again!

Good luck to those hatching and sorry to hear about the losses :(

7. jvls1942

jvls1942 Chicken Obsessed

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    Well, bro came here with his metal detector..walked the whole plowed section of the garden.. found a few crushed and rusty pop or beer cans.. and one 6 inch barn spike.. that would have been nice to find in a tire, eh? and believe it or not, after combing the whole garden, we found the lost rod in the last 6 feet.. the handle was not attached to it, but at least we found the rod.. I can make a handle if Russel can't find one in his junk yard..

got our first spring goose egg today.. 6 turkey eggs .. I have about 2 dozen assorted eggs to set..
    I think I will wait until tomorrow and combine 3 day's worth..
    I have 53 eggs in so far..
    I still haven't seen either rooster do his 2 minute drill yet.. I sure hope I am setting fertile eggs..
    I am not worried about the geese and turkeys..

that weasel trap would be a good project to make out of wood and sell.. I'll bet a person could sell a million of them.. at $10 or $15 a pop.. trap included , screwed to the floor..

8. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Aaaaahhhh! I couldn't take it anymore! One of my LO was zipped and trying to come out and the [email protected] literally had one on each end and one on top!!! So I shook the Brinsea some, tried to draw some away with a flashlight. It popped out, so pathetic looking, and the bully one went over to stand on its head! So I untaped the seams, quickly removed the egg shells to give them more room. Then I Had DS 2 get me warm water and a paper towel. I grabbed the last pipped egg (LO), wrapped it in the moist paper towel, and rushed it down to the hovabator. There are 3 marans in there too, but a lot more space to not stomp on a single particular egg.

So I do have one Lavender Orpington hatched. It looks pretty dark... But it's wet... So we'll see.

9. MustLoveHens

MustLoveHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Albion, Wisconsin
    Evening All!
    While I did not get a chance to meet up with FT I got the chance to talk with her! She is a hoot and a half and a terrific person! Even if she called me the Rabbit Murderer!! [​IMG] LOL!!! [​IMG]
    I'm actually amazed that she did not take a little baby goat that the guy in Brodhead had.

H&R-Congrats on the new computer!

TO- I have quail eggs!!! 100 of the little tykes. Can you imagine if all 100 hatch! Good Gravey! That would be quail mayhem! I can't wait!! They are Bob Whites from Iowa- Sand Prairie Quail Farm by name. I'm going to get some tomorrow ans then save some for the Foolish Hatch. It's a little bit of a wait for them but we'll see what hatches out!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by