Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    Ahhhh, too late on that one too. I have a really snotty lav that I named Angel. Honestly. [​IMG]

2. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Oh that's right! Well what did you name them? I don't remember you really telling us names for the Lavs either. Wht are you hiding?!?!:p

3. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    Do not know the sexes for sure, so not sure yet. Tentatively, Heather & Danny Boy for the 2 black/lavs. Angel (for the one LO that had the goofy looking wings for awhile), and the other 3 LOs I haven't made up my mind yet. Kelly & Erin maybe, if they're girls. I'm sure I'll probably have at least one or 2 more roos though, but drawing a blank there.......... [​IMG]

As for Moose's kids, so far we only named the 2 we knew for sure were roos. Mini Moo(se) and Chip (off the old block). DH named Chip. He is just like his daddy.

OK, waaayyyyyy past my bedtime! Sweet dreams, all!

4. Cindlady

Cindlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2010
    S.E. WI
    Hi All!

Sorry for the losses and congrats on the hatches! CC Those cute/ugly chicks look very sweet to me! I'm hoping to get a few Doms this spring.[​IMG]

Welcome to the newbies!!![​IMG] Yes, we do seem to be filling up quite nicely! I think we still have a few "holes" in the state though.

Joe... that trap has given me thought too... I was trying to think of a way to put traps in the coop that wouldn't hurt the chickens. That trap in wood should work. Thanks

Nice birds H&R and krisp! Cute girl too!

In spite of young son coming over to help a damsel in distress with her car, and spending 2 hours on my phone trying to get DS#1's phone activated... I did quite a bit (for me anyway). The 2 Ameracauna Roos that the other roos started to beat up are out in the chicken tractor. It's not a good one but I did fix it up a little, they should be OK. I got it for $20 .... [​IMG] I put "Miss Broody", Storky, in the brooder cage with 9 eggs. She was not happy. She's never been in an enclosed area that small and it kinda freaked her out. I put in at roost time and checked on her a little while ago and she was on the eggs.... hope she stays there! If so, they will be due the 11th. Guess I got the Fools![​IMG]I may still set some in the bator on the first. Or maybe someone else will go broody!

Plucker or not, Those roosters have to go! I need that pen for the chicks!!!! I just killed a mosquito!!!!
    Cleaned some nest boxes. Then came in and ate supper (yes I washed first) lol. Lied down for awhile to stretch out my back. Now for the big finish...... ready?

I took down the Christmas Tree!!!!![​IMG]

Still have to a little more to pack up, but it's down and when Young Son comes Fri. he can put it away for me. (Remember, I broke my hand getting it down[​IMG] Big, strong son can put it away!)

Guess that's it... Night All!

**Ok, it's all packed up and I did dishes!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  5. jvls1942

jvls1942 Chicken Obsessed

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    good morning, many years ago, DD#1's boyfriend took down our natural tree for us.. It was downstairs in the family room..He pounded the base on the floor a couple of times and swept the needles into the fireplace.. then he carried the carcass up the stairs and took it outside..This was in late June.. That was the year that all three kids were in high school.. they sat around on Christmas morning wanting to open gifts.. I said, "not until somebody decorates that tree I put up"
    they strung a few lights, hung a few balls..and.......literally THREW the tinsel at the tree.. OK, good enough for me........Now we can open gifts..

It is raining pretty steadily here right now..

I left the dogs out overnight.. Annie got up and let them in at 5:30AM.. I heard them come in and I was a bit ticked.. then I found out it was raining, so I didn't say anything.. except, "they won't melt"..

6. Apyl

Apyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi

I decided very recently that our newest dog is now going to be outside. She didnt make it out there all night the night before last but last night she made it outside all night. Boy was luckily DH doesnt really like her so he just left her outside in the rain when he left for work lol. The night before last we left her out there until 3am, she wouldnt shut ut barking so I let her in since the kids had school. I swear it wasnt 5 minutes inside and she pooped in mybathroom. I cant take that anymore so she is now an outside dog.

7. Apyl

Apyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    GoodMorning ! Wow the birds are singing like crazy outside this morning (not the chickens). Why is it that when I dont want to buy anymore chickens and ducks there are a ton of CL posts but when I'm wanting to buy a couple laying hens and a few more ducks I cant anything on CL ugh lol . Oh well I guess I can wait. Well I gotta get the kids ready I'll be on later.

8. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    So Jim... Time to ask again... Nora getting fat because she's going to be a momma?

9. mazojoe

mazojoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Arena, WI
    If at all possible, I would recommend setting any trap outside the coop. Why would you want to bait or lure a predator into the coop? Also when dealing with weasels bait must be fresh, and chicken livers work well.

10. Dr HaHa

Dr HaHa Grinning Chicken Lips

Feb 11, 2009
    Nekoosa Wi.
    Good Morning People! Sooo Many posts! Jim I just told L this morning that I have a weather Bob. Kinda like a weather rock [​IMG] This morning he came in slightly damp. [Scattered showers] Glad you found the possible tire wrecking junk! mazo think I'm shipping all my eggs to you for hatching! WELCOME to all the new eggs! CC loved the "as the egg turned" comment! Bf the rabble rousing by hatched chicks has always bothered me. I hate it! Good idea on moving them. I want to get another bator just for that reason. Which reminds me gotta tell Donny to start saving eggs for bating today. Well the youngins are now getting bolder and heading out into the wide wide world. They all came back in last night. Went out to the coop yesterday and Bob followed me as he was walking around 3 of the chicks followed him around like he was a momma hen. [​IMG] Asked him he was gonna nurse them? He didn't think it was funny. Took it kind of easy yesterday joined the flock of hurtin back people. Took some Ibu this AM, have things I want done! Cind hope Storkey sticks to her eggs [​IMG] Bf hope your hatch improves! Gotta go!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by