Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    Don't do it on our account, Rob. We just enjoy giving each other a hard time here and there. If there's an inch, we'll take a mile. [​IMG] All in good fun.

Please do not get offended at anything we say around here. Noone here is anything other than super nice, even though they don't always sound that way. Not mentioning any names, Jim. [​IMG]

2. Toastedrob1

Toastedrob1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    Germantown wi
    I think its great! I am prolly much goofier (is that a word?) Than most people here.
    Take that mile!

3. Apyl

Apyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi

Hey I just noticed your really close to me [​IMG]. I'm in almost in Necedah.

---- Actually I take that back lol I just googled it. I have a Germantown near me also but its German Town lol. oops

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  4. Toastedrob1

Toastedrob1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    Germantown wi
    Yeah about 2.5 hours i think. But still not bad

5. mazojoe

mazojoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Arena, WI
    This has to be the easiest design of a weasel box I have seen...although the cardboard milk carton may be the hardest to find, but you should be able to use any box...mine are made out of wood so they can be used year to year. You can make 1 box exactly out of a 1x6 5' long fence board if you have any..

The idea is to put fresh meat w/ blood smell (has to be fresh) in the back of the box and the rat trap pan on the inside front of the box. The hole in the end is about 1 3/4"" in diameter

here are some plans and pictures hope they help
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI
    If he is interested we have 2 splash marans pullets around 4 months old and we could also come up with 2 wellie girls to complete the group. :)

7. Hens and Roos

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI
    I wish it was as easy as changing batteries :D we have a touch pad mouse on the lap top so we are thinking that something inside is giving up the ship so to speak! DH was able to get it working again- he plug in the corded mouse from our main desk top computer so any time I have to move between the lap top and the desk top I have to take the mouse along!! The lap top is also shutting down when ever it feels like it :rolleyes: Dh did talk to a computer guru about it not to long ago and he figures it is a hardware problem. Trying so hard not to have to replace the thing :( As of today we have yet to see the Red Golden male pheasant that escaped from us when DH went into the aviary to feed them. But on a more happy note Golden Eye II is in quarantine waiting till his 30 days are over to go into the avairy. Enjoy the day!

8. Hens and Roos

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI
    Here are some pictures of Marans and Welsummer chickens(in that order [​IMG])

2 Splash Marans pullets- about 3.5 months here
    [​IMG]

Welsummer girl
    [​IMG]

9. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Today is day 21. I have 3 of the 5 eggs on my Brinsea hatched. The Lavender Orps are still sitting in there. In the basement Bator, I have 1 hatched and healthy, 1 hatched and it looks like its intestines are hanging out, I have one pipped, and one shrink wrapped. I did the nono... I went Into the Bator, and that's how I found the shrink wrapped one. I laid the eggs on top of modified egg cartons. What was happening was the eggs were shifting so the the eggs wouldn't pop open. Sh!t... So I opened the Bator to quickly remove all the stupid cartons, popped in some warm water to bring up humidity. I closed it and taped it up again. I'm not going in again! Marans are what have hatched so far. I have a woman who wants to buy 12 marans, so I really would like that many p,us a few extras to give her.

COME ON LAVENDER ORPINGTONS! I told CC no breed of chicken is gonna get the best of me! I will have a successful LO hatch Or Else! So I contacted a different lady and ordered some eggs. I can sell them, but I will NOT be defeated by bad genetics or fertility. I am supermom to my real kids, and I will be super momma hatcher too! (yes, my name is Heather... I may have a problem...). After the next batch of eggs, i am cleaning out the bators and locking them up till next spring....! :lol:

Also bad news on Venus/Apollo. There's something wrong with him. He has been doing this weird neck stretch, open mouth thing for several days. Like he's trying to crow but nothings coming out. Then today he didn't want to come out of the coop and he was in the nesting box! I took him out, and he's walking with a weird wobbly limp.he was closing his eyes as he stood, would plop down where he was and just lay there. I called my Uncle (in law). He took him and is going to see if they can fix him up at all. If not he's also my culler.

Eeeewwwww.... Kid climbed up next to me and he has a load that needs changing. BBL all.

10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Just had to get a bit of late lunch and check in with you all. It sounds like you have been having a blast since I have been " last. I am working outside, catching up on my work because I have been laid up with a bad back. I think I will be sunburned today but thats ok. Lovely day.

I can't believe I took the time to sit down and show my cochins how to scratch for worms. Lazy birds. They expect everything to be given to them on a silver platter.

I brought the neighbor 7 huge fresh eggs and some chives. He is outside tinkering around. I think he can hardly wait for the landlord to come back so he can be busier. :)

OOPs .

EL I am so sorry for your losses. [​IMG]

That is a nice trap diagram, thanks for posting it. (not sure who did a new guy I think)

"Jim I hope you like the[​IMG] pot?" Cindlady I didn't catch that one. [​IMG]
    Hope you get the rats. I hate rats. they ate my baby silkies last year. :(
    FT have a safe trip. Good luck with the curly geese.

I decided I need about 4 Skovies for insect and rodent control. Glad a lot of people are selling babies around here. :)

I need to do my seed order today too. I see johnnys has flower sprouts. A new veggie bred at johnnys. Kale and brussel sprouts combined. A mix of 40%purple,40%green and 20%bicolor. A pkt costs $10.95 WOW. Cute little buggers though. I bet they will soon catch on for the market gardenner. Can't really save the seeds because they are F1 hybrid.

I got about 3 more pages read. Well I need to go out again and then need to finish catching up tonight.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by