Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    Yes I am along with the other two individuals online right now !!!

2. Apyl

Apyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi

I love the red colors

3. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis

Thank you! [​IMG]

4. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    What kind is he or is it obvious? [​IMG] I think he needs some rooster friends !!

5. Celtic Chick

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    Ain't he purdy?????

Dang blast it! ANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yuck! Time to get out the big guns....... I'll be back!

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin

7. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Jack really is handsome! Bantam Cochin right? Such gorgeous color!!!

8. Celtic Chick

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    Thank you, Apyl, Tiki & Bf4! Yes he's a bantam partridge cochin. He & Henrietta were my first ever chickens. Well, as an adult, anyway. And what great chickens they were/are. Jack is my surrogate momma hen. He raised all my teenager chicks, and just loves doing it. He's the bestest papa! [​IMG]

9. Celtic Chick

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    No thank you, missy! You can be the rooster rescue in the state. As it stands, I think I might have 9 roos & 11 hens! [​IMG]

I hope I'm wrong, but I think all 3 of those lavs I just got might all be roos. [​IMG] I was hoping for at least one hen............. [​IMG]

10. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

Back from errands...whew! I even put the groceries away. Defrosting a beef roast for supper--while i was shopping I found out that DD20 and her BF AND my son are all coming home from college tonight...maybe I'd better get those decorations off of the kitchen table so we can eat there hey? I changed my menu from eggs benadict and asparagus to beef roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, cauliflower and asparagus with Hollandaise sauce. More work for me...plus I have to put those eggs away now! Thank God the kids will take some back to school with them! Maybe I will just send them right in the buckets!

CC your Jack looks very much like Tommy but Jack is more to the reddish tones where Tom is more black. We should get them together and do a side by side! Long lost "brothers!" So I didnt know that there was so much variation in partridge coloring...H&R and Co, can you enlighten us please? Oh yeah...maybe you oughta hire E. out as a bird sexer? SO does that mean that you have two boy peacocks now? I once saw a spectacular white male at a little petting zoo when I was a kid. We were on our way camping or something. It was just a little farm where we stopped to buy corn or something. He was sitting on a fence across the barn door and I got a nice picture of him silhouetted in the door way. I sure wish I knew what happened to all those pictures...maybe in the attic?

Well, it's dog dinner time and I need to pick that asparagus...then give my chicken a shot of B complex vitamins I picked up today...I am hoping that it makes her able to walk. This is the Ameraucana that was the ONLY one to hatch from another BYCers eggs last year...my first auction and such a disappointment! Of course that breed was the only one that I already had...doesnt it just figure?

Well DD20 just got here---guess I should talk to her [​IMG] Terri O

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by