Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Big intake of air with a "how dare you..."

2. Bigfamily4me

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    I've got a big dog igloo house you can have for ffrrrreeeee... You just have to come ssseeee mmmeeeeee...!

3. Bigfamily4me

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    I still have 13 eggs in the Bator doing nothing!!! Day 23 now...

Chicks large and small are doing good so far. But man on man... 28 tiny chicks can sure poop a lot!

1 person likes this.
  4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I bought some homemade soap from tatters and it is DEVINE!! I really linger in the bath.My favorite is lavender oatmeal. Yep I almost said lavender orpington.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  5. mxmarg

mxmarg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    SCentral Sconny
    Hi Carol! Love the pix!!!

So glad your drinking buddy was rediscovered Terri! I have to brace myself before I get my chickens 'cuz I can't give myself permission to get completely upset if someone goes missing... or the more likely for me would be if someone goes headless [​IMG]

Does anyone use a chicken tractor?

So sorry to hear MustLove....

BigFam, I just caught your post on another thread... Are you still using sweet PDZ?

We use a locally made soap too, Tiki... it's got an "Angel" scent that I just adore [​IMG]

Our tractor as it is this minute: in the garage so I can add more hardwear cloth out of the elements!
    [​IMG]

6. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    Why not, I tell him to leave all the time !!! [​IMG]Keeps hanging around like a dirty penny !!! [​IMG]I do yell all the time but I prefer to say I just talk loud, which I do but when I'm excited, good or bad I get louder which he says is Yelling !!!
    That's cause my ears are so flat to my head. I can't hear how loud I talk !!! [​IMG]

7. FrenchToast

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    Wow, That is going to be real nice. How big is the coop part? How many chickens do you plan on having in it. It is going to be adorable but I'm afraid with all of my chickens I would need 10 of them.

I just off the phone with someone that says she has some hmong (sp) friends that will by silkies for $8-10 more for eating. Hmm, I'm going to have to think about that. Poor roosters.

Anybody know how to put the keys back on my laptop that the chicken must have kicked off . You know the little tabs that somehow clip on and off ?

Can't get it figured out for the life of me. Would help if I could see and use my fingers !!! LOL
    Raining and glumy up here today. Maybe I should have just gone down to Racine !! [​IMG] To late now.

8. FrenchToast

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
  9. FrenchToast

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI

10. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

Just came in for a spot of lunch....some of today's eggs scrambled with cheesecurds, fresh green onions and a tomato--MMMMM. A glass of grapefruit juice on the side...While I was grabbing the onions I noticed my asparagus patch...[​IMG]Anybody ever remember eating garden asparagus in MARCH??? Yup--I am making some tonight! I gave the propane guy a 5 qt bucket of eggs. I have 4 or 5 of them sitting on the counter right now! I have to start eating more eggs again! Maybe that is what we will have tonight along with the asparagus. Well, it's raining now...again. I have a few errands to run and then I might just have to clean...[​IMG]

I decided to give Tommy a girlfriend today while he is in the tortoise garden since the chicks are staying in because of the chill and the rain. Take a look!
    [​IMG]

I think he likes her! I thought she would fly right out of there but I guess one little roo is the lesser of two evils...she is in with the laying flock normally with 5 BIG roosters! LOL!
    I just talked to MLH about one of my Ameraucanas that wont walk...I had no idea that she was having such a bad day! [​IMG] To you MLH! You should have told me on the phone...:(
    Lunch is done...guess I better get to those errands or absolutely NOTHING will get done around here again today...
    Later! Terri O

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by