Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    Please tell her thank you and she has a very good eye for chickens. That was what I was thinking but I thought I'd ask the experts to see what they thought. How old is she? [​IMG]

Terri, I am SO relieved you found your "drinking buddy" Tommy. Whoever said that, I was [​IMG]. So, you want a couple roos to add to your collection? [​IMG] And why on earth would you let some dicks nest in your yard? Aren't there enough of them around already? [​IMG]

Cind, congrats on getting the tree down. And here I thought I was the one that procrastinated the longest. I did get mine down before my birthday. [​IMG]

Jim, you old Grinch. Won't let the kids open their presents.............

FT, don't tell my DH about that goat. Poor little guy, I hope he finds a home. Sounds adorable. No, no, NO..................... maybe........ no.......
    The zoo is between Lakewood & Townsend on 32. Sounds like a good time. Wish I could go. [​IMG]

DrH, I so enjoy your stories about you & PeaTwo. What a good boy! I agree way too much waste in this world. We've become a disposable society. Sickening for sure. Although we could stand to throw out a few things around here. [​IMG]

Hi Polla! Nice to see you back!

Bf4, sorry about the maran. But at least there was only one. That is great! Consider yourself lucky, Miss Pottymouth. [​IMG]

Apyl, congrats on the new bator! What kind did you get, if I may be so nosy?

Tiki, did I read that right? You ordered DANDELION seeds???? Well sweetie, why didn't ya say something? I could have mailed you a truckload full last fall! [​IMG]

Whoo-hoo! I missed the list again! Whew!

Awww, thanks. That's sweet of you all. I love getting new recipes so whenever anyone posts one, I try to copy & paste it in a folder just for recipes. I also try to remember who posted it, but I'm not always that bright. [​IMG] Happy to be of assistance. Oh, and speaking of assistance, I know quite a few of you were having back pain and wanted to share a tidbit. My mom has me order her Boswellia capsules online that she takes for her back pain. She used to complain about her back all the time and you could tell just by looking at her that she was in pain. Well, she's been taking it for a few months and says it really works wonders. I guess an aunt, an uncle & one of my cousins take it also and swear by it. I was still kinda skeptical so I looked it up and didn't find any reports of side effects, but I really didn't look too hard. She was razzing me to reorder them for her. [​IMG] I figure taking one of them a day can't be as bad as multiple pain relievers, right? So if anyone is interested in giving them a try, here is the link.
    http://www.puritan.com/boswellia-958/boswellia-standardized-extract-250-mg-013226
    It was a beautiful mostly sunny day down here until almost 5, so I got a bunch of stuff done outside today. Still trying to get the carport cleaned out. It is not a one person job. [​IMG] Had the young ones running amuk with the old hens for a good part of the day. Good thing they're fast. They were loving the good life for sure. Went around picking up branches & noticed the cherry trees & bushes are all flowering. Buds are starting to break on the peaches, nectarine (1st time!), plums & pears. And my honeyberry has flowers on it! Looks like a deer found 2 of my new elderberry seedlings. [​IMG] But they usually grow like weeds, so I'm sure they will recover. I have a ton of raspberry canes to cut back tomorrow. Don't think I'll be getting a bumper crop like I did last year, but that's ok. Don't think I'll be missing them. Sounds like we're getting a good steady rain right now. I'm sure everything will be greener tomorrow. Just hoping we don't get a killing frost or I will be super POed.

Ok, I am posting this NOW before I start pulling a Bf4 & start cursing all over creation & getting us banned. Sweet dreams, all!

2. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    I think I posted 2 times. there.. ooopsie.. gone now!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  3. WIChookchick

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    FT- there is a guy who breeds silkies down here called Nicks or Nix chicks.. he is in Edgerton. He had a lav silkie hen or pullet I think for $25.. I could see if he still has it, if you are interested.

I FINALLY got back online.. obvious aren't I since I am posting .. duh...
    I went up to Apyl's today for try #2 to get the van we bought from her started.. still no go.. I am going to try a very charged battery, and ALL of the relays from the current van, since we are sure its something electrical at this point.
    SO will try again soon.
    Congrats on the bator Apyl!!!
    Congrats on finding Tommy, TO!!
    Glad you made it home safe FT!
    Take it slow MLH, I can come help if you need it, just msg me or email me!
    Nice that you amd Peatwo had a good sit and cluck Dr. H!
    I headed up to Tomah to go to TSC to get medicated chick starter, and well.. 6 chicks, they were SOOOO CUTE!! OMG! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    3 mystery bantams, 1 white rock straight run, 2 golden comets, (Who will be looking for homes soon!!)
    [​IMG]
    Two of the banties are more than likely cochins and a mystery white chick with a black beak.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And pics of my new Jaerhon rooster Sven, and his girls...I am gonna be hip deep in Jaerhons!! My 15 chicks come in on April 20th. So now I am gonna have see about shipping chicks and or hatching eggs soon!! LOL
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I may have to pick TO's brain about a hen I am calling "lumpy", she has a fluid filled crop or something...
    [​IMG]
    They were sliding down that 2x4 this last week like a slide.
    I love how the hens and the roo are soo differently colored, and as chicks they are very easy to tell apart.

4. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    Super cute chick pics, Carol! And beautiful big birdies too. I hope you get Lumpy figured out. That's just wrong looking.

5. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI

Not if she's a Hollywood Hen !!! Big Breasted Chicken (Silicone maybe ) LOL Sorry, my sense of humor is warped when I'm tired !!

He CC, on the news tonight there was a guy or gal, I wasn't watching it that close that was bungy jumping in their wheel Chair. Just thought I'd give you fair warning in case BigFam ever tells you that you guys are going to go for a fun filled adventurous afternoon !!
    The news casters said they sure must have secured the person into the chair well. Geez. That is one thing I would or could never do !!! So if you guys take me with, well you guys go first, I'll follow you, promise !!! LOL

I was waiting for someone to notice that Tiki244 ordered dandelion seeds !!! Now I want to see the look on peoples faces when they see her planing them. Tiki you had better get them planted before the landlord gets home! And burn the package they came in !!! You don't want to get kicked out. And if you do, make sure you get some extra dandelion seeds and blow them on the LL front lawn !!!
    Or on anyone else's lawn that you don't particularly care for !!! LOL

6. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    CC I think you should tell your DH about that baby goat !!! They are not looking to rehome any of them. I just happen to be there and they offered him to me for $10 because I was so sad about all of the other ones (maybe 30 +) that happen to be born male and will be eaten because of it.
    Let me know if you want the guys number.

You might just have to come home with a peacock or two !!!

WCC I was going to call you and see if you wanted to come to the guys house with me but I remembered you said your phone was out of service and then I also realized, I got a new phone and don't have your number ...... Dah !!

I took a look at the goose egg turner that sells for $55 and decided I can make one.
    I have extra egg wracks for quail and I can take some of those plastic mesh type baskets I think they use for silverware and screw them on to the quail racks. Hopefully the turner will turn them. I don't know if the motor on the $55 actual goose turner is heavier duty then the one on my turner.

Oh sure talking about baby goats etc. Jimmy Fallon show has baby sheep, chicks, a flemish Giant Rabbit on right now. The little chicks are in an Easter Basket !!!

I think you need a baby goat CC. You to BigFam. H3LL Bigfam you need 2 with all that room.

I'll tell ya what, you send me or paypal me the cash, i'll watch CL and find you any kind of animal you're little heart desires !!! I love spending money and if it's someone else's all that much better since mine is all gone !!! LOL

Sure now DH goes to bed and tells me he is getting off work at noon tomorrow because he worked over time during the week. Now I could have gone to Racine and given him a list to start on when he got home !!! LOL Oh well, guess I'll stay home and help.
    I want to get a new area for the new Geese. We were storing our hay in a small garage we have but we go through so much hay so quickly (10 days) DH has just been taking it out of the trailer and not using the garage.
    I asked him tonight what he thought of putting swinging doors with heavy 1"x1" wire like we did with our garage under our deck that houses 3 chickens.
    He said it would be a good idea. That way we can put them in and with the swinging doors on the outside of the regular garage door that would still close in winter or during storms etc. There is electric and would work out good. I'll put up a fenced area to keep out predators. Might throw a few roosters in with the geese.

7. Cindlady

Cindlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2010
    S.E. WI
    This turned into a longer day and longer night than planed.... I read most of the posts but too late to respond and everything I would say got said so to everyone....What she/he said! LOL

Storky is setteled in and in broody trance... so all is good there.

Young son will be here noonish to make pies so I must sleep.... Night all!

8. Apyl

Apyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi

It's a Little Giant still air incubator. Tractor Supply had them on sale and there was only 1 left so I figured what the heck.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  9. WIChookchick

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    And you didn't come home with any of those super cute chicks?? WOW you have more will power than I!!

10. Dr HaHa

Dr HaHa Grinning Chicken Lips

Feb 11, 2009
    Nekoosa Wi.
    Good Wet Morning All! FT was meaning that she was my ex because she liked to yell a lot not infering ET should dump ya. Why would he your perfect! [​IMG] TO so glad you found Tommy and I bet he was too! Thinking he missed having happy hour. [​IMG] Cind sounds like you gonna have a short "night". Sorry for all the losses for so many! Bigz haven't heard any gobbling yet. Kinda surprised. Can't believe how much I got done yesterday. Was out in the garden after pounding the posts and thought oh man this thing is sooo much bigger than before. Putting down a lot more weed barrier this year! Need to have a sunny day to get some pics of the youngins they are so cool lookinI Thanks again TO! Think might have to have a small fire today real damp and a little chilly in here. And I hurt in a lot of spots. Having FFF with both the DD's can't remember the last time when I had them both together. Very kewl !!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by