Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Holy Cow! What a coop BigFam! I love it! Now I feel like my poor Girls are deprived....I teared up at the chicken angels part of the tour....

Welcome GN! Glad TO told you to stop by!

CC-Ramses is a cutie pie. Reminds me of the Barbarian. I'm glad he ate his pill....

So DH is riding to the rescue for his Chick Days in Saukville tomorrow. Apparently the place he's Chick Day-ing sold all of their chicks already. They were having trouble finding chicks on such sort notice so, DH got on CL and found some SLW chicks not 5 minutes from our house! So we jumped in the car and got 12 straight run chickies. So at least there will be some chicks at the event. I put them in the brooder and my Ely dog is beside himself! He is so excited to see babies again. He keeps bringing them a toy.....
roll.png

They sure are cute litter buggers....I forgot how cute SWL chicks are...

Robin your cat looks like my first cat I had when I was three years old. Her name was Putt Putt. :)

He is beautiful. For some reason, we always had lots of orange tigers & black/white cats, even when we both were kids, but we both always loved the look of the grey tigers. Ramses was our first, and he was born in our yard to a stray. DH saw him one day in the driveway with his mom, and I made it my mission to catch him. One day, he showed up in front of our garage (by the bowl of food I always left out for them) and was crying for his momma. She was nowhere to be seen & his cries just killed me, so I chased him into the garage & later caught him. He was a wild thing for quite a while, but he eventually warmed up to us and soon became the most loving kitty you could ever hope to have. 8 years is simply not enough time for such a sweet soul. All of your prayers and well wishes are so gratefully appreciated! Thank you all for being so very supportive and a light in my darkness. You are all the most wonderful, bestest of friends a person could ever hope for! Thank you!
hugs.gif

A quick one that sounds like Jim should be posting:

The Pub

I was in a pub on Saturday night. Had a few.... I noticed two large women by the bar.

They both had strong accents so I asked, "Hey, are you two ladies from Scotland?"

One of them chirped: "It's WALES you friggin' idiot!"

So, I immediately apologized and said..., "Sorry, are you two whales from Scotland?"

That's the last thing I remember...

lau.gif

All my good hopes and prayers for Ramses.
hugs.gif

Jake is a real cutie unkadan!

Welcome GN
welcome-byc.gif
I would love to get some more lovely chickens but I need to downsize or at least stay even. It sounds like you have some lovely birds.

yuckyuck.gif
Yep, very Jim-esque. CC, I hope your precious kitty responds to his treatments.

WOWSERS BigFam, what a nice looking coop. You must enter that into one of the contests BYC does, you'll win hands down!

Unk, oh my. What. A. Face. Cuuuuuute!

Hey Ghost, a lot of roos just turn mean when the hormones kick in, even if they were sweet once. Attacking kids is the numero uno ticket to the soup pot around here. No matter how much you like the bird, nothing is worth a child being injured, maybe permanently. Those spurs can be scary.

Mxm, about digging...in that flowerbed I kept finding bits of dog collar, then a rabies tag...was saying a prayer I wouldn't find a canine grave.
fl.gif
I know where the asphalt came from; before the house was built it was unusable farm land so the county used it as a work site when repaving the road. Apparently they didn't do a bang-up clean-up. It's awesome finding chunks of pavement as big as my toddler's head in my veggie garden. And he's got a big head!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom