Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hi Apyl! I have a kindle HD. In fact I'm on it right now and love it! See you
wink.png
on that "other" site . Still getting the hang of that one.

Looks like we are going to miss the worst of this snow but my girls will get extra time outside today just in case.

Not much else for now so off to get more cuppa. Have a great day everyone !!!!
lol Yeah I like this site for the Wisconsin people and duck section. Thats awesome your on your kindle fire right now, DD really wanted an ipad - well she asked for it twice around christmas but I just cant bring myself to spend that kind of money on gift for a kid. At least this way it was a fraction of the cost, she loves to read, and it goes online like she wanted. I spent like 2 hours last night googling trying to find the right tablet/ereader for her.

Good Morning All! Apyl guess we're not trading cats they got me up at 4:45. Toby is being a lover now, think he heard me telling L I was making a call to get him lightened up on one end. Congrats on another duck egg! Cindy glad your hen made it through the night! Tough birds. CC now we know how we rate on MLH's list but still wondering about Vic's? Bf4me sounds like a lot of peeps coming soon! How's the job going? Bl4 Da Da DADA DAAAA.
lau.gif
WELCOME cuties! It is fun here, great people! Bigz our Co Pres had a pig valve put in and I told our union rep to take a bag of pork rinds to eat for contract neg.
tongue.png
Vic getta shot of your "mean face" I wanna see. Maybe. Gallus the cutting and installation couldn't have gone better. Problem is now the rest of the room looks like crap.
th.gif
Amy Dad's been on nightly home dialysis for 4 years, doesn't get much sleep and is wore out. Oldest sis is bringing him home today and I'm going over tomorrow and tomorrow night. There's a nurse that lives 2 doors down and think we'll have her check on him a couple times a day. Youngest sis live 6 minutes away and will check on him mornings and evenings. It's a wait and see thing now. CtCM hope your flu is about over! More garlic, pepper, and onion in your diet! Have to dig out the waterer heater today so L doesn't have to haul to the chooks. A few million other things to do today better get movin.

Hi everyone. I am new to chickens. I have 7 silkies and had an order of 16 chick that were different breeds from a hatchery that came yesterday. I have been so excited because I have been researching, planning, designing, and building for the past 2 years and finally ordered chick in Dec. They all arrived dead! I am so depressed! I am turned off of hatcheries. I hope I can find good quality close enough to me that I can just drive and get them. I am even thinking about getting into hatching my own by ordering eggs from Wisconsin people. I have heard about animal swaps but I am concerned about diseases. I would love any help or ideas any could give me. I have to add some chicks to my huge coop. I have a 14x24 building with 3 pens. Thank you in advance.

Hi everyone. I am new to chickens. I have 7 silkies and had an order of 16 chick that were different breeds from a hatchery that came yesterday. I have been so excited because I have been researching, planning, designing, and building for the past 2 years and finally ordered chick in Dec. They all arrived dead! I am so depressed! I am turned off of hatcheries. I hope I can find good quality close enough to me that I can just drive and get them. I am even thinking about getting into hatching my own by ordering eggs from Wisconsin people. I have heard about animal swaps but I am concerned about diseases. I would love any help or ideas any could give me. I have to add some chicks to my huge coop. I have a 14x24 building with 3 pens. Thank you in advance.
I'm sorry your had a bad experience with a hatchery. We have had some nast cold weather for chick deliveries. I would contact the hatchery and have them redeliver in the middle of March. Where did you order from? I've had a really good experience with Ideal in texas, the chicks got here in 2 days and they sent extra boys for heat. I had them delivered last March and never lost one . This time I went with Cackle but wont be getting them until April. Good luck with your chick adventure :)

I ordered from Meyer. I tried to have them shipped again but they won't have some of the breeds until Sept. I think that's crazy. I know hatchery stock is not the best quality so I guess I will try to find them more locally.

I ordered from Meyer. I tried to have them shipped again but they won't have some of the breeds until Sept. I think that's crazy. I know hatchery stock is not the best quality so I guess I will try to find them more locally.
I would get your money back and go elsewhere. I dealt with them last year and had a negative experience. 1 was DOA, 4 more died within the week, then they sent me replacment in June and 1 died right away.I received 2 sexed chicks sexed wrong out of the 10 I ordered sexed also. I still have a store credit with them I never used and never plan to. Its only like $3.50 so I just let it go.

I was just taking inventory of what swaps I have coming. I might have to check how many eggs my egg turner can handle! This is what I think I have coming:

12 Swedish flower hens : Dahlisgrams
6 salmon faverolles: Mrsmooncat
6 Polish: Daze333
6 Silver pencil Plymouth rocks: Swatacreek
12 lavender Orpingtons
12 Javas

I think I might be in trouble...
Planning lady... all this with a fantastic job... If you need incubator space, we should have some... Carol and I are hatching a handful for Easter. That is if she ever stops working so we can get together. That lady has more things going on with her life than anyone I know

where in WI are you?

You may find more help getting chickens/hatching eggs than you bargained for.

Just say Wausau or Racine or Madison and see what happens. LOL

I am in Mosinee just south of the Wausau area. i am looking to get an incubator for hatching but wanted chicks to start with so I would have eggs by fall. My little girl is so upset. I ran to the post office before she woke up and looked through the box before she got up. She had picked out some of the chicks for her Valentines Day gift. I felt so bad I had to tell her what happened. I racked my brain last night trying to figure out what I could do, between my tears I found you guys. I appreciate your guidence.

Back
Top Bottom