Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hi there! I am passively entertaining the kids...Ky is "doing dishes" and Liam is in the tub after his "swimming with the dog" episode this afternoon! I made a video of them. I will post a link later when I put it on youtube. Maybe I will link the storm one too.

I have chili on the stove. DS had thawed out hamburger for burgers but it seems like a day for chili. (I always like a nice pot of chili and fresh bread on an autumn day...) I am making foccacia tonight. I was wishing I had a French bread pan...that one only takes an hour! I love making GF bread...so much quicker than regular wheat....dont have to wait for that gluten to develop it's elasticity!
Speaking of that (poison) gluten...hey BigFam--guess how they discovered I had Celiac? Yup--I have had anemia my whole life and she wanted to get to the bottom of the cause. My tests are real good now! I can even donate blood! I always got turned away before.

Today I got all the stick piles picked up in the yard and into the firepit. It was a HUGE pile! Too bad the yard isnt done. The boy and the dog took a bunch out of the back pile for "boats" so I guess I will get those another time. I had a woman come for Marans eggs. She really just wanted a rooster, but seeing as I have only one...and he's a borrowed one; she decided to hatch her own! Watch she gets 6 pullets! That would be Murphy's Law in action I believe.

I guess I should get going on that bread so we can actually eat it with the chili. DH isnt back from Sioux City yet and the 20s are playing V-ball at 6:30...I guess it will be a late dinner anyhow. DD21 is coming home from school tonight with all her stuff. She says I need to get the kids' stuff out of her room...I wonder where I will put them to bed tonight? HEY--all you people with contractors in the family...think you could build me a new room? (shoot, maybe 3 new rooms?) I sure could use the space!
Off to make some bread--TerriOwith8thingsonthelistfortoday,accomplished0butthereisalwaystomorrow

Last edited:
Welcome newbies!!!!!!

BigFam - what precious pictures! Thanks for sharing!!

KJ - love your pics! Great job!

JV - are you bringing the sebby's to the bash in 2 wks? Should I just get them from you then??

TO - What?? You weren't sleeping on your trampoline in the rain?? LMAO! And yes, I cheated! I posted pics of the house before we moved in. Who wants to look at my junk, eh? Not me!!!!!

Good-bye! We're heading out to go eat at Pizza Ranch without you guys!!
(remember - I love you!)
tongue2.gif

Is anyone looking for angora rabbits? My mom has a few that are about a year old for sale. They are 40% French, 60% German. She has 2 black males with a little white on their faces (apperently carrying the blue eyed white gene) and one male and one female that are sable. She also just had another litter born a couple of days ago that I think are 50/50. I'd have to ask. I think those are black, white and agouti. The older ones have pedigrees, the younger ones could have a partial (she doesn't have the pedigree for the buck).

TerriO... I thought they tested you for celiac for stomach troubles...

Yeah...that and a host of deficiencies! You see, when your small intestine is damaged you cannot absorb the nutrients you need...like Iron, Mg, Mn, K, Ca and others. Also because the ends of the villi in your small intestine are responsible for producing the enzyme that digests milk products (lactase) you cant digest the lactose in milk very well either! It really is a very "interesting" disease!
TerriOwishingshecouldjusteatanythingshwanted...

So, I'm down here in Racine, and just remembered, wasn't there suppose to be a get together down here??

Or am I banned ???? LOL

Last edited:
Fish Fry Friday To All...Welcome to you two new folks. Good poultry folks with alot of help if you need it here.

Forgot to tell you congrats on the .22 Cind. Hope you have fun with it.

Rained here all day. The freshly tilled gardens will prolly need a retill now before planting. It looks like the lawn will need cutting bigtime now. It sure is a waste of good time.

Pair of baltimore orioles showed up today. Nice to see the colorful birds again. Hung the feeder for them, and hope they hang around. They like to build in the basswood trees.

Festival foods in NL had a one day meat sale today....whole pork loins for $1.89/lb and tailgate brats for $2/lb....we cut 22 thick loin steaks out of the loin. Good deal if you like pork loins.

Irish..did you get your lt brahmas from a local source? I could use a few in the future.

Nice pics...thanks for sharing them. If you don't mind clutter in the house, we have alot of good stuff in every room...LOL!

Have fun....need to buy a lotto ticket for tomorrow....remember it's not about winning...it's about dreaming....bigz

Pair of baltimore orioles showed up today. Nice to see the colorful birds again. Hung the feeder for them, and hope they hang around. They like to build in the basswood trees.

Irish..did you get your lt brahmas from a local source? I could use a few in the future.
I've seen Baltimore Orioles around here over the past few days, too. I think they like it near the river.

I got the two beautiful Brahmas from right here in Waupaca. Not sure if she has any others or is planning on having more. If I find her card I'll pass along her info. Golden Poultry I believe. (Golding is the last name)

I have two chicks here with wry neck. Well, one for sure that came from Welp hatchery today. The other hatched out of my eggs and has a very kinked neck. I have more hope for the hatchery one. The one out of my birds was under a hen and the egg hatched a few days late (it started in my LG that wasn't keeping temp). She could have stepped on it, or because of it hatching so late this happened. It did have a bubble of fluid on the one side when I first noticed it in the nest box. That fluid has gone away but I can clearly feel the vertebrae in it's neck are not aligned. There has been a tiny bit of improvement. It's head is to the side now and it can actually stand up. Where before the head was tucked under the body and it was on it's back all the time. So, they are on poly vi sol and I'm trying to get them to eat, but its very difficult. If there is not a huge improvement by Sunday I will have to cull them.

AND I found a dead cochin chick in the nest box under one of my hens today. She or another hen that went in there to lay and egg pecked it in the head until they killed it! Poor little thing. She had another chick under her that had also just hatched today and I took it away. I found a chick on the ground pecked to death the other day from that same nest. I don't know if she's doing it or one of the other hens.

Back
Top Bottom