Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Well I first need a chicken coop.lol we sre, trying decid if we want to build or buy. Then for chickens we of course want alot of eggs but also would mind a few chicken that are cool looking too because I have kids, any recommendations?
Welcome aboard,,, You might try going to murry mc murry web sight,,, you can read about several types of chickens,, see what they look like read there traits and egg production rates,,ect,,,,,, THEN you can pursue your purchases from several sellers on here,,, theres lots to choose from with all the free advice you can digest really nice people;;; full of knowledge and a little of something else,,,he he!!!!!!
GOOD LUCK!!! hope that helps Zeke

haha Just what hubby wants to hear.
I advise you to never consult with a spouse about your chickens,,, especially when it comes to purchases,,, they rarely understand and occasionally will try halt a great deal,,, You can never have to many chickens,, pay no attention to them!!!!!
{OK I was just kidding,,,,,kinda!!!]

Bigfam looks like you and halden had a great day,,,, nice pics,,, reminds me of my grandsons
C C good to see you on again,,, you been keep en a low profile? hidden somewhere?
Cooties,, whats the story on the bator eggs? any luck?
Jim,, keep use posted on the green house project,,, I will be up your way in the next couple of weeks,, Maybe we could meet for a coffee,,,,, I m buyin... I will call ya some mornin O K......

Welcome to all the new people,, there r lots of new people so join right in your in great company!!!

zeketryingtokeepupbutworkinistakinguptomuchtime

Last edited:
I've seen Baltimore Orioles around here over the past few days, too. I think they like it near the river.

I got the two beautiful Brahmas from right here in Waupaca. Not sure if she has any others or is planning on having more. If I find her card I'll pass along her info. Golden Poultry I believe. (Golding is the last name)

I ve seen a few as well, [orioles] ,,, those were some nice looken brahma s Irish Post that picture again.......

Idk on the eggs. Baby has kept setting untill today. I just kept food and water near. She fed her babies well :) all 4 are thriving. The late ones were just moved to bator today. They are due, I would think tomorrow. No cheeping inside. The others had cheeping two days before they hatched... only time will tell. Scott says it is ok if I plant some of our ee eggs if these dont make it. I will try quail too. But they have only given us 2 eggs in 2 weeks!!!! And they broke 1! Not sure how that will work lol!

Irish, luv the brahmas :) we just got 2 chicks last weekend. There is two farms in our area with them... would it be weird if I just randomly stopped and asked them about their stock and if they sell? Lololol
Hope everybody has a good weekend!!!

I have two chicks here with wry neck. Well, one for sure that came from Welp hatchery today. The other hatched out of my eggs and has a very kinked neck. I have more hope for the hatchery one. The one out of my birds was under a hen and the egg hatched a few days late (it started in my LG that wasn't keeping temp). She could have stepped on it, or because of it hatching so late this happened. It did have a bubble of fluid on the one side when I first noticed it in the nest box. That fluid has gone away but I can clearly feel the vertebrae in it's neck are not aligned. There has been a tiny bit of improvement. It's head is to the side now and it can actually stand up. Where before the head was tucked under the body and it was on it's back all the time. So, they are on poly vi sol and I'm trying to get them to eat, but its very difficult. If there is not a huge improvement by Sunday I will have to cull them.

AND I found a dead cochin chick in the nest box under one of my hens today. She or another hen that went in there to lay and egg pecked it in the head until they killed it! Poor little thing. She had another chick under her that had also just hatched today and I took it away. I found a chick on the ground pecked to death the other day from that same nest. I don't know if she's doing it or one of the other hens.
Awww- sorry about the chicks. The little one that got killed sounds just like what happened to ours. Someone pecked her to death. The one that survived was pretty badly injured from being pecked but she is doing great now.

Hi All!
Long hard day today. I read the posts but my head is mush and too tired to go back and re-read. I know there were some very cute pics including a little bear butt!

Night All.

Good Dam early morning! I cant believe that I am posting after Cind! Sorry about your Mushy head BTW!
tongue.png
My neighbor just came over with 3 more turkeys for the brooder and 2 pipped eggs! He just doesnt get it that each time I open that incubator it's not too good for the others in there! Ad it is the temps havent been great...these turkeys are hatching like mad though! Nothing on the pheasant eggs. It was day 28 on Thursday I believe...I have one in there right now that seems to be shrink wrapped so it's in a damp towel. Beet trying to hatch for 3 days now I think! Idid have one with a pasted butt yesterday. I cleaned it up and it made a gigantic poo and the intestines looked like they were coming out! I picked him up and the navel must not have healed very well. Every time he went after that it opened up more. After it was obvious that it wasnt going to go back in I took care of it...so sad when it's a baby.
It's getting crowded in there!

Here are the quail that are sharing this brooder...I have to set up another one today for sure!

One of my late quail had curled toes...I made him a very fashionable tape shoe! All the other quail must be jealous cause they keep picking on it! LOL!
I advise you to never consult with a spouse about your chickens,,, especially when it comes to purchases,,, they rarely understand and occasionally will try halt a great deal,,, You can never have to many chickens,, pay no attention to them!!!!!
{OK I was just kidding,,,,,kinda!!!]
Irish, luv the brahmas :) we just got 2 chicks last weekend. There is two farms in our area with them... would it be weird if I just randomly stopped and asked them about their stock and if they sell? Lololol
Hope everybody has a good weekend!!!
Of course it wouldnt be weird! I do it all the time! Remember that people with chickens are the best kind of people! Besides...then you can tell them to come on here and we can all get some of those gorgeous Brahmas.
Hi All!
Long hard day today. I read the posts but my head is mush and too tired to go back and re-read. I know there were some very cute pics including a little bear butt!

Night All.
That was a cute little butt wasnt it?

OK--now heading to see how my storm video is going...I will post it. Oh and I think I told you about "a boy and a dog" too. It is long (5 mins) I think I will put that one on my FB page.
Later! TerriOheadingtoadogtrialshortly

morning folks,,,,damp in the north

lost my 1st bird to a coyote yesterday morning, took a break for my last cuppa around 10am, sitting on the back deck. Saw it come running trough the barn pasture and head for the woods behind the coop, chickens squawked I popped a couple rounds off and scared the bass turd, hit it when it poked out from behind the coop,,,,then again as it snuck off down a firelane....30 min later saw it licking it's wounds at the far end of the other pasture. After checking the birds found the one missing was my Blue Wheaten roo from W Meredith,,,,,of course the only Am roo I had. Must have got him on the first pass earlier, there was no commotion so I didn't even know it. Murphy's Law for sure!!

I had 16 eggs set aside here from the last few days,,,those are now under a couple broody Marans, I will keep all the blue eggs from that group for the next week or so, get them in the incubator. I hadn't hatched any of these yet, but I have sold 3 dozen of the eggs, hopefully if I fail here at getting another roo hatched one of the folks I sold eggs to will have something for me.,,,,,

soooo,,,that was the excitement of the week here, been busy working on the gardens, big project transplanting raspberries getting a patch started, so far 2-100 foot rows setup,,,maybe more next week if weather co-operates.

bbl

danfullborehuntingmodeElmerFuddhatinplace

Sorry about the yote attack Dan! I hate when you can see them at it! At least you got a little piece ofhim...maybe he wont be back?
fl.gif

Finally! Got the videos up!
A boy and a dog:

This is the storm the other night.

Off to do some work! Have a great day! TerriO

Back
Top Bottom