Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Quote: The blood testing is done by people like you and I. We take a class and are certified. The class is not expensive. I think it was $20.00. The link in my signature has a listing of testers and you can find one close to your area. They can answer many questions also. Margaret can also answer more. [email protected]. She is a great help. She process all of the paperwork.
The antigen is expensive to purchase. (160) the equipment is $80. I try to get people to share a bottle with me. It is hard to do. Most here do not test the whole flock just a few show birds. If you have children in 4H, testing is done on the poultry they are using for free as part of the program. Some of the shows offer testing for a small fee like $1-$5 a bird.
If you want to be NPIP you need all your birds tested and your farm inspected annually.
You do not need to be NPIP.
the cost of NPIP is either $40 or $80 depending on what you are doing with your flock.

In my signature line you can click on that first link..it has a ton of information about other programs too.

Three hatched, I think the other 2 eggs may be duds,,but I will do a quick candle when I put the chicks into the brooder tonight.
jumpy.gif
YAY!

good afternoon,
I just listed the puppies on craigs llist .. wausau, la crosse, green bay ....

kind of ironic, a tub burning up ..

Now that concrete siding doesn't seem so expensive, does it ?

Is the siding going to have to be replaced ? or will that wash off ..
or can it be repainted ?

you should contact the siding company and let them use your picture in their ads .. then they can pay for the cost of the repairs in return ..

hope DH heals up quickly.. not many wounds hurt as much as a burn ..

starting to snow here.. not supposed to get much,,

..........jiminwisc..........

glad your house is ok!

We had a leak under the sink this morning and in trying to get the pipes to fit together, I sliced open my finger. At least it's my middle finger and if someone wants to look at it, I can flip them the bird.

G.pa's car got stuck on a snow bank in the driveway today. We tried to dig it out and use litter and wood, but no go! We had to use a come-along strap and a chain to get it out. My back is hurting from trying to rock the car out.

I got the hens out of the coop today and threw some peas out for them. I got 5 eggs today...it must have been a fluke. 5 out of 6 laying this early in the season, I don't think so!

I was so warm I decided that I'd celebrate by getting the van washed!

Making baked chicken, homemade potato wedges, and some of TO's hubbard squash that I froze. We will follow it up with some leftover Valentine's cake.

DD13 has a friend over for the night and they are watching scary movies. To remedy the issues that we've had with TV sharing during primetime and the immediate conflict for the TV tonight, we brought in our old tube TV and put it into our bedroom. Now we can watch TV when G.Pa is watching Clint Eastwood, Rambo, or other crappy movies (please excuse me if you like them, I just don't).

I hope it is getting warmer up nort' for all of you.

Nite

Back
Top Bottom