Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I wish I could have gone, but it's too far away. Sounds like fun. I guess I'll have to attend the Exotic Animal auction in Pierz, MN to make up for it. Who knows what I'll come home with. Last time I bought an evil violet love bird. I traded her off for a horse. Lol

Last edited:
LOL! Zeke, you nailed it perfectly. Cuties has enough room for whatever she gets too.
big_smile.png

Joe did not bring home my puppy..he brought home a puppy he named cookie....
hit.gif

WHAT??? I thought Jim was sealing the box? Now he has to go back next week and get one for you! Men!

Great seeing you again Zeke! And your fam too Mel...although I do get to see you more often than I do Zeke! I came home with another one o those nest boxes for 15 bucks. I truly am at my capacity here...although one horse went out on a lease yesterday. I am so mad at my neighbor! Just as we were heading back to the car (after successfully capturing one of the pigeons my friend bought) I saw him driving in with a truckload of his birds! I told him if I had known he was bringing a truck I would have loaded him up with some of the "gorgeous" roosters I have here! He had some 3/4 sized birds that he was asking $7 for...I guess he settled for $6 and then let the last ones go for $5 just to get out of there...man was it cold! He said he was only there for a half hour or so and was sold out! Shoot...I guess I shoulda called him!

SO then I came home and did chores and went to work...then the grocery store...then I came home and watered. (the hose was frozen today...now it is back on the roller and back in my kitchen....will this EVER end?
I heard from my client that went to FL for the winter...picking them up at Milw. airport next month. Looks like I will have another job...eleven more years....then my house will be clean and I will always have cookies in the cookie jar! (this is my dream anyhow!)

OK--gotta go and see what's in the freezer for dinner....the geese are laying! (finally) And so are the barred rocks. Of course I have orders for Australorpe chicks....they arent even separated! Next week, next week!

Have a good one! TerriO

Deli I can't believe Joe didn't get YOUR puppy! That is sad. :-(

Terri, are still doing WEAP around your other stuff? Do you ever have an entire day off to yourself??

I was pretty excited to see what looked like a small green tinted egg today. Upon closer look, it was from my little Australian Spotted duck! Her first egg! So neat. :-D

Sent out the last of my EEs today, so both flocks are all Iowa Blues. Have just been setting the eggs from the 100% silver group the past couple weeks and eating the eggs on the other mixed group. I'll start setting the other group again, since it is now pure. Looking forward to finishing my 2 run breeding pen/shed that houses the brooder currently and getting my group split out to 3 or 4 breeding groups for better selection. It's going to be an IB year!

I do have the makings of the next generation for my "Iowacana" project to grow out, too...better get to building more pens. :p

Anyway, traveling home to Iowa this week for my uncle's funeral (more relieved than sad, he was suffering so much...stupid cancer), boys meet relatives they've never seen, will give the family some happiness on a sad occasion. Also taking a box of chicks to deliver to another veterinarian near Iowa City. Love getting the chance to spread the breed around. The numbers were down to a hundred or so at one point, but we're gaining now. Lots of interest in the breed this year, trying to get enough chicks out there to people wanting to help us save the breed. It's so much fun seeing the excitement and the numbers starting to rebound. A few more generations, gain some size and consistency and the Iowa Blue will be back. :)

On a happy note, the chooks were all over the place today, hopping from exposed grass patch to exposed grass patch, happy as clams. Good to see them out and about again.

Got all the chicks tagged, now to get dinner on the table!

Hope all are doing well, surviving the cold. Killed a wasp today, if that means anything. Haven't seen any robins yet, but did see one sandhill crane this am.

Guess I'll chime in tonight also.
After this really chilly morning (-6 here at 6.30am, brrr) it did slowly start to warm up a bit, and in the late afternoon most of the ice in the driveway finally created mud again. All ducks and chickens were out laying in the sunshine, with exception of my special girl Sheila, who was sitting on the nest again. I would sooo love it to see little ducklings in another couple weeks to see that she succeeded!
jumpy.gif

Other than that, did just some more splitting and stacking firewood, taking care of the dogs and having dinner in between talking to a friend, my sister and writing an email to my mother, who left something close to a missing ad on our answer machine. Lol. It is not easy for her to not being able to bug her oldest all the time, command her to come over and help out with all the things she deems important just because there is this big deep pond in between... hehehe
cool.png

I see we're supposed to get some more of the icky stuff (PLEASE
fl.gif
, don't!) just to warm up to somewhat nice temps again throughout the week and dropping down again the next weekend. Did I mention yet that I'm sick and tired of this white stuff, the mud and the fluctuating temps?!? Cuz I sure AM!
th.gif
Well, hopefully spring will set in soon in full force, slowly at first though for we don't drown in the mud puddles!

Enough ranted for tonight. Let me get some chillin and reading done before another Monday hits and the errands rush begins again...
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom