Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

good morning,, I checked in on the incubating thread,, I am sufficiently riled, now, so I un-subscribed.. the Bull Sh advice is starting to fly . the clincher for me was somebody saying to not put the plugs in at lockdown because that would suffocate the chicks..

It has been a few years since I used a styro bator,, I am going to fire one up just to reconfirm my beliefs in them.. I have read so much Bull S that I am beginning to have doubts in myself..

there is nothing wrong with the styro baters.. I have said this numerous times..
rule #1, throw the mfgrs instructions away..
rule $2 set the temperature before you set the eggs.. and make sure the bator is DRY when setting the initial temp.. and with the plugs OUT..

If you cannot get a stable temp or humidity,, TAPE the seams.... that is what God invented duct tape for in the first place..

Mel, a drop in temp is better than a rise.. You do not want to go over 100*F ..
and 97*F won't hurt a thing..

we had a power outage here last night.. IDK what happened.. usually it is a blown transformer somewhere down the line.. one other time it was a car that snapped a pole off..

I have to go and take the tires off the old Blazer.. I am going to junk it out.. but I just bought new tires for it..

........jiminwisc..........

Have you checked the parking brake switch?
You said you already checked the seat belt switch?
Does it have a seat switch also?
The other thing you could try is wiring the hydraulic pump directly to the battery and see if it even starts running. If it does run then it is probably due to one of the switches from the parking brake or seat/seat belt.

I don't know a whole lot about the schematics of this but I've done mechanic works for many years on car and trucks. In the past the park brake switch has went out and did a similar thing only the parking brake light wouldn't go off. And now its going off when you turn it off. One things its doing is the controls move forward and back up and down just nothing happens other than sometimes the left control when you attempt to go forward and back it sounds grumbly only for a bit then theirs nothing. A few years ago I was having a problem with the bucket hydro not working, we thought it was a pump but after pressure testing the lines we ruled that out. It ended up being a lose wire on the positive battery cable on the motor end. Im just not used to working on these newer computer controlled machines. I appreciate all your suggestions.
Stacy

Last edited:
Hey, I'm new here and in De Pere (Green Bay) WI. We just raised our first set of ducklings (golden 300) last year. I would love to find some local-ish welsh harlequin and/or appleyard hatching eggs if anyone has a lead. :)

Jim, do not go back to that thread.I fear your defibrillator will get a work out.
Is that how you spell defibrillator?

Jay, are you a mechanic? I have two sh! T jeeps. I can't decide what I want to do now.

Jim, do not go back to that thread.I fear your defibrillator will get a work out.

Jay, are you a mechanic? I have two sh! T jeeps. I can't decide what I want to do now.
I just type defib .. anyhow worse than that happening, I would prolly get kicked off byc again..

Jay, I was wondering the same thing.. You could come here also and spend a few weeks getting all my sh!t vehicles repaired .. the food is good..

I just listed a drop leaf table all over this state on craigs list .. scraping enough money together to ransom the new blazer from the fixit shop ..

.........jiminwisc........

I don't know a whole lot about the schematics of this but I've done mechanic works for many years on car and trucks. In the past the park brake switch has went out and did a similar thing only the parking brake light wouldn't go off. And now its going off when you turn it off. One things its doing is the controls move forward and back up and down just nothing happens other than sometimes the left control when you attempt to go forward and back it sounds grumbly only for a bit then theirs nothing. A few years ago I was having a problem with the bucket hydro not working, we thought it was a pump but after pressure testing the lines we ruled that out. It ended up being a lose wire on the positive battery cable on the motor end. Im just not used to working on these newer computer controlled machines. I appreciate all your suggestions.
Stacy
I'm not very familiar with that model. However if the parking light is going off when you release the brake then that isn't the problem. It almost seems like you aren't getting the full amount of pressure out of the pump. Have you changed the filter?

No I'm not an auto mechanic by any means. I am a maintenance tech in a manufacturing plant and know a lot about electrical, hydraulics and pneumatic stuff as well as most mechanical things.
What is wrong with the Jeeps?

I just type defib .. anyhow worse than that happening, I would prolly get kicked off byc again..

Jay, I was wondering the same thing.. You could come here also and spend a few weeks getting all my sh!t vehicles repaired .. the food is good..

I just listed a drop leaf table all over this state on craigs list .. scraping enough money together to ransom the new blazer from the fixit shop ..

.........jiminwisc........
How much are you asking for the table? My gf would probably like it.

Stacy
Would you by chance have an electrical schematic for it?

One jeep has a broken rod. I purchased another, and kept the first around for spare parts. But now it sounded just like the first and took a dump. So, I think it is the same issue.

Back
Top Bottom