Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Theo was a bad boy today. He has decided that me telling him "No" is a reason to start a game of chase. It is me telling him "no" when he tries to walk on the landscape fabric and him deciding that 1500sq ft of landscape fabric is a great place to pretend to be a kangaroo and hop all over the garden while knocking over trays of seeds. Ugh, I was mad! I did win however. I got out the leash and tied him up until he calmed down, let him loose until he repeated his mistake, and tied him up again. Eventually, I was finished planting seeds and he was calmer, so we walked around the front yard. I know he's just playing, but it has to get corrected. "No" is not working however. I need to get started with positive reinforcement!

Theo was a bad boy today. He has decided that me telling him "No" is a reason to start a game of chase. It is me telling him "no" when he tries to walk on the landscape fabric and him deciding that 1500sq ft of landscape fabric is a great place to pretend to be a kangaroo and hop all over the garden while knocking over trays of seeds. Ugh, I was mad! I did win however. I got out the leash and tied him up until he calmed down, let him loose until he repeated his mistake, and tied him up again. Eventually, I was finished planting seeds and he was calmer, so we walked around the front yard. I know he's just playing, but it has to get corrected. "No" is not working however. I need to get started with positive reinforcement!
Positive reinforcement only went so far with my puppy (who is now almost 2). To keep her out of the garden, an invisible fence and a sharp learning curve was necessary. Turned it all the way up after teaching her and it's only taken a few good shocks for her to realize that it beeps first as a warning and she's memorized the boundry in like 6 months time, so much so that I can put the collar on, let her out with the fence turned off and she will still stay in the yard (and out of the garden).

As always when I know I have to get up really early and don't want to sleep in I can't get to bed for the life of me! So I decided to finally candle my next batch of eggs to hatch and then got side tracked into doing the numbers for my other hatches. I am now on set 14 of this year so far. I really think I need to get my butt in gear and get one of the new mega bators running, it will make this staggering so much easier than having 5 different incubators going. So here is all the useless to you all information I have been doing for the past 3 hours while trying to get myself tired enough to sleep but it didn't work.

Set 1) Set: BLRW-7, EE- 4, SS-2, BYM-1 Candle day only one EE had a red ring of death so lockdown was 7 BLRW, 3 EE, 2 SS, 1 BYM and final hatch was 4 BLRW, 2 EE, 1 SS and 0 BYM with a total of 7.

This is what I can gather from my incubating forms I made last year to keep track of all my hatches, my losses and what I may be doing wrong along with what incubator they are setting in. I won't bore you with the rest of the 13 hatches going other than what I currently have.

So head count at this time is: Brooder 1) 3 SS, 2 BLRW Brooder 2) 4 BLRW, 4 SS, 2 EE and 2 (The guy I buy eggs from is getting me the breed name, have tufts like a Americauna but not them, lay brown eggs. One has green legs and one has yellow) Anyhow in the fridge bator their are so far: 1 SS, 3 BLRW, 3 EE with 6 EE, 3 BLRW, 4 SS yet to hatch.

I give Wade 12 chicks a few weeks ago, sold 5 BLRW last week and 13 BYM, 7 EE last Friday. I've only had 1 chick die which was kinda my fault as it was stuck in the shell so instead of letting nature take it's course I tried to save it and only made it a few days before it died. It was a White Rock chick but about half the size it should of been. I have however lost a few in my chicken room and can't find them with all the dang crap I hoard. I need a CHICKEN only room!

So I candled Set# 12 at day 12 and of 48 set I have 46 viable chicks growing(2 red ring of death, killed from being too close to the heat source) I'm really surprised that these even started as I forgot to set them for 12 days! 41 of these are in my steak cooler with the Hova guts. It's holding perfect temps and humidity.
Set# 13 is 8 EE, 7 BLRW, 18 SS and I had 1 EE non-fertile, 2 BLRW red ring, 1 SS non-fertile 1 quitter so have 7 EE, 16 SS, 5 BLRW. Both of these sets are due to hatch on the 15th.

I started Set#14 tonight with 11 SS, 9 EE due to hatch on the 26th.

Are you completely bored by now with all this nonsense I'm rambling?!

We got the monster bators finally unloaded off the trailer this afternoon and they are taking up my whole garage stall for now until I get it figured out. I had told a friend about my find on my way home from Jims lastnight and of course this afternoon I get a text asking if she could please come see. She sounded more excited than I was. Well I've decided my plan is to make myself 1, yes 1 bator with all 4 as parts to make the best of them all and get rid of the other 3. Well my chicken friend has dibs on her choice of the 3 once I'm done. I was very worried of what I was going to do with these monstrosities as they are so large to store anywhere here since the pole shed is now junk. Tyler is trying hard to convince me to just keep them all, reconnect them like they originally were and start up my own hatchery. Now that kid has plans always and he does have the ambition, but I'm not sure if I do. He's always trying to get me to start a business of some kind that he can help with so we can become rich.lol. I don't know the first thing about doing something like that with laws and such besides I don't know if I could handle doing something to that extent.

Complete change of gear here but I'm looking for a pollurum tester that can come out before Friday and do a State Flock test so I can sell chicks at swaps and such. As much as I cannot stand Facebook and swore I'd never get on there, I created a profile today to contact a few testers but haven't had a reply yet. It's only going to be used for chicken "stuff"!

Oh did I say I have to get up really early tomorrow..gah I apparently like to ramble even more than normal when I'm overtired. Tomorrow I have a normal visitation with my daughter but after I have one at the Chippewa Court House with the father for the first time in 2 months. I really hope he just fails his drug test which I'm sure he will so I can just avoid it. They are only allowing a short visit as from past ones he has a short temper with Anellia and doesn't know how to handle when she gets upset. Before when my daughter was still with him she would just take her from him but now they want to observe him alone to document that he can't be trusted with the visits. We had a domestic abuse restraining order granted last Thursday against him and my daughter so in retaliation his mother and him filed a false report to the State Health Dept that my house was infested with black mold and Anellia was at immediate threat for her life. Well to follow their protocol I had an inspection today and you name it, my house passed with flying colors. Which was really a waste of tax money in the first place as if they would of contacted a social worker to verify I have had multiple inspections already in order to even have placement of my grand daughter and also for the Kinship Care and Foster Care licencing they would know the accusations were bogus.

I finally looked at the Skid Steer today and it's not the seat belt safety that's causing the problem. I checked the positive cables and such and they all looked good. My only thinking that I can do is to change the hydraulic filter and hope that is whats causing the problem. If that isn't it, it's going to have to go to Tractor Central to find out whats wrong. I'm really hoping it's not one of the pumps as they are VERY expensive.

After realizing I've been typing this nonsense for over a half hour I better stop and watch some House to try and fall asleep. You will all think Frenchie is back again!

One last thing, my hens are finally coming off of strike!! Got 1 BLRW egg today and 1 from my BYM coop, baby steps. I'm sure this is just in time for the next bad bout of weather to drive them back on strike again!

Good night all.

Hi All!

Boy those big 'baitors bring back memories! Growing up (in the 60s) our neighbor had one of the biggest hatcheries in the region. He was even featured on a PBS show. He had 6 or 8 big cabinet incubators that would hatch close to a 1000 or 1500 at a time. For about 2 weeks a year it was crazy over there. He also was the first to import some breeds and get them going in the U.S. Matter of fact, most of his chickens were fancy breeds for the time. Chances are, we all probably have some decedents of those birds.

That's it I guess.... Night All!

As always when I know I have to get up really early and don't want to sleep in I can't get to bed for the life of me! So I decided to finally candle my next batch of eggs to hatch and then got side tracked into doing the numbers for my other hatches. I am now on set 14 of this year so far. I really think I need to get my butt in gear and get one of the new mega bators running, it will make this staggering so much easier than having 5 different incubators going. So here is all the useless to you all information I have been doing for the past 3 hours while trying to get myself tired enough to sleep but it didn't work.

Set 1) Set: BLRW-7, EE- 4, SS-2, BYM-1 Candle day only one EE had a red ring of death so lockdown was 7 BLRW, 3 EE, 2 SS, 1 BYM and final hatch was 4 BLRW, 2 EE, 1 SS and 0 BYM with a total of 7.

This is what I can gather from my incubating forms I made last year to keep track of all my hatches, my losses and what I may be doing wrong along with what incubator they are setting in. I won't bore you with the rest of the 13 hatches going other than what I currently have.

So head count at this time is: Brooder 1) 3 SS, 2 BLRW Brooder 2) 4 BLRW, 4 SS, 2 EE and 2 (The guy I buy eggs from is getting me the breed name, have tufts like a Americauna but not them, lay brown eggs. One has green legs and one has yellow) Anyhow in the fridge bator their are so far: 1 SS, 3 BLRW, 3 EE with 6 EE, 3 BLRW, 4 SS yet to hatch.

I give Wade 12 chicks a few weeks ago, sold 5 BLRW last week and 13 BYM, 7 EE last Friday. I've only had 1 chick die which was kinda my fault as it was stuck in the shell so instead of letting nature take it's course I tried to save it and only made it a few days before it died. It was a White Rock chick but about half the size it should of been. I have however lost a few in my chicken room and can't find them with all the dang crap I hoard. I need a CHICKEN only room!

So I candled Set# 12 at day 12 and of 48 set I have 46 viable chicks growing(2 red ring of death, killed from being too close to the heat source) I'm really surprised that these even started as I forgot to set them for 12 days! 41 of these are in my steak cooler with the Hova guts. It's holding perfect temps and humidity.
Set# 13 is 8 EE, 7 BLRW, 18 SS and I had 1 EE non-fertile, 2 BLRW red ring, 1 SS non-fertile 1 quitter so have 7 EE, 16 SS, 5 BLRW. Both of these sets are due to hatch on the 15th.

I started Set#14 tonight with 11 SS, 9 EE due to hatch on the 26th.

Are you completely bored by now with all this nonsense I'm rambling?!

We got the monster bators finally unloaded off the trailer this afternoon and they are taking up my whole garage stall for now until I get it figured out. I had told a friend about my find on my way home from Jims lastnight and of course this afternoon I get a text asking if she could please come see. She sounded more excited than I was. Well I've decided my plan is to make myself 1, yes 1 bator with all 4 as parts to make the best of them all and get rid of the other 3. Well my chicken friend has dibs on her choice of the 3 once I'm done. I was very worried of what I was going to do with these monstrosities as they are so large to store anywhere here since the pole shed is now junk. Tyler is trying hard to convince me to just keep them all, reconnect them like they originally were and start up my own hatchery. Now that kid has plans always and he does have the ambition, but I'm not sure if I do. He's always trying to get me to start a business of some kind that he can help with so we can become rich.lol. I don't know the first thing about doing something like that with laws and such besides I don't know if I could handle doing something to that extent.

Complete change of gear here but I'm looking for a pollurum tester that can come out before Friday and do a State Flock test so I can sell chicks at swaps and such. As much as I cannot stand Facebook and swore I'd never get on there, I created a profile today to contact a few testers but haven't had a reply yet. It's only going to be used for chicken "stuff"!

Oh did I say I have to get up really early tomorrow..gah I apparently like to ramble even more than normal when I'm overtired. Tomorrow I have a normal visitation with my daughter but after I have one at the Chippewa Court House with the father for the first time in 2 months. I really hope he just fails his drug test which I'm sure he will so I can just avoid it. They are only allowing a short visit as from past ones he has a short temper with Anellia and doesn't know how to handle when she gets upset. Before when my daughter was still with him she would just take her from him but now they want to observe him alone to document that he can't be trusted with the visits. We had a domestic abuse restraining order granted last Thursday against him and my daughter so in retaliation his mother and him filed a false report to the State Health Dept that my house was infested with black mold and Anellia was at immediate threat for her life. Well to follow their protocol I had an inspection today and you name it, my house passed with flying colors. Which was really a waste of tax money in the first place as if they would of contacted a social worker to verify I have had multiple inspections already in order to even have placement of my grand daughter and also for the Kinship Care and Foster Care licencing they would know the accusations were bogus.

I finally looked at the Skid Steer today and it's not the seat belt safety that's causing the problem. I checked the positive cables and such and they all looked good. My only thinking that I can do is to change the hydraulic filter and hope that is whats causing the problem. If that isn't it, it's going to have to go to Tractor Central to find out whats wrong. I'm really hoping it's not one of the pumps as they are VERY expensive.

After realizing I've been typing this nonsense for over a half hour I better stop and watch some House to try and fall asleep. You will all think Frenchie is back again!

One last thing, my hens are finally coming off of strike!! Got 1 BLRW egg today and 1 from my BYM coop, baby steps. I'm sure this is just in time for the next bad bout of weather to drive them back on strike again!

Good night all.
If you don't mind me asking, what is your wrong with your skid steer?

Turkey eggs are as follows. A Bronze and Slate Tom over Bronze, Slate, and Narragansett Hens. So the possibility of pure Bronze and Slates....

Dang things spent yesterday at 97*, they are up to 99* this morning. I would prefer they were at 100* just to be safe. Yes I had the incubator going for a day, but as most of you know these styro bators are not the best with the thermostats. I do not think I did any damage to the embryos but of course only time will tell.

Nice sunny day, and I get to head into Green Bay. What fun! Makes for a long day.

Later!

The hydraulics stopped working, its a 2003? John Deere 250.
Have you checked the parking brake switch?
You said you already checked the seat belt switch?
Does it have a seat switch also?
The other thing you could try is wiring the hydraulic pump directly to the battery and see if it even starts running. If it does run then it is probably due to one of the switches from the parking brake or seat/seat belt.

Back
Top Bottom