Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

My GF and I purchased 2 rabbits this past weekend. One dutch buck and one mini rex doe. Wondering if any of you would have a mate for them by chance?
We also purchased 6 Cornish cross, 2 Road Island reds, 2 silver laced wyandotte, 2 Araucona, and 3 mallard ducks.
We have 3 Pekin ducks that are about 4 weeks old and they did not like the mallards being put in with them. Is that normal?

Got so much done yesterday. Even had some give us a bunny crate they made along with a homemade lawn run that is made of chicken wire. So cool. So since my daughter brought home a Flemish I will definitely nee the big run and crate which has a built on doghouse. Cool huh.

Chicken bottom healing but worried as soon as I put her out they will beat up on her again. When do I release her? Feel like my house is a rotating poultry hospital.
Join the crowd Lutz! I think we all feel like that at one time or another! At least you only have sick chickens int he house....

My GF and I purchased 2 rabbits this past weekend. One dutch buck and one mini rex doe. Wondering if any of you would have a mate for them by chance?
We also purchased 6 Cornish cross, 2 Road Island reds, 2 silver laced wyandotte, 2 Araucona, and 3 mallard ducks.
We have 3 Pekin ducks that are about 4 weeks old and they did not like the mallards being put in with them. Is that normal?
Very normal jay--no poultry likes to have strangers added. This is just the way they are. Hopefully your new stuff didnt bring any bugs home and your old stuff dont give any bugs to the new stuff....a quarantine period is always advised when birds come from other places.

BL4--last year when my neighbor kept bringing me those turkey eggs every other day I just kept adding them to the bator. He didnt get that you werent supposed to open it so much (well the bird gets off the nest!) and the turkey eggs did great! They seem to be easier to hatch than chickens even! I think the troubles start once they are out of the egg....not the brightest little things and pretty fragile for a while.

Well, nothing much happening around here. A new clutch of chicks in the barn...and THE GEESE ARE HATCHING!!!!
celebrate.gif
This is a great thing cause last year I had ONE. My people will be so happy. I will have to go out with the camera and get some pics.

Now that my scrapping weekend is over I have the Bash on the Brain! Getting pretty excited to see you all again. ANd now my coggee is empty so I am done on the puter for the morning. Time to get to work!

Have a great day! TerriO

good morning,, glac you made it home in one piece Stacy.. I know what that kind of driving is all about.. I am not allowed to drive at night anymore.. restricted license ..

turkey eggs , eh Mel ?? 99.5*F and no lower than 40% humidity .. give them all the humidity you can at pip time.. up to 65% ..

keep them away from chicken environment for the first 13 weeks after hatching..

I was lying in bed this morning thinking about how to bleed that line.. I came up with the same solution as you did, J..Only problem is I have no swivel connector at the cylinderend.. I can see a trip to F&F to buy one.. OR I can just switch ends, and try that first.. there is a swivel end at the control end.,. thanks, I will let you know how it works.. the reservoir relief is definitely not plugged.
It is the same opening where I pour the fluid into .. everything works except that one cylinder..

I bought a dozen Buff Orpington hatching eggs .. I have a standing order to buy all that this lady can produce.. possibly 2 doz per week..... $3/doz .. of course I had to accidentally break one right away..

first hatch is due on the 14th,, I had better get out to the shop and build a couple more wooden hatching trays .. Might have to pick up some wire mesh while I am at F&F ..

......jiminwisc.........

Last edited:
good morning,, glac you made it home in one piece Stacy.. I know what that kind of driving is all about.. I am not allowed to drive at night anymore.. restricted license ..

turkey eggs , eh Mel ?? 99.5*F and no lower than 40% humidity .. give them all the humidity you can at pip time.. up to 65% ..

keep them away from chicken environment for the first 13 weeks after hatching..

I was lying in bed this morning thinking about how to bleed that line.. I came up with the same solution as you did, J..Only problem is I have no swivel connector at the cylinderend.. I can see a trip to F&F to buy one.. OR I can just switch ends, and try that first.. there is a swivel end at the control end.,. thanks, I will let you know how it works.. the reservoir relief is definitely not plugged.
It is the same opening where I pour the fluid into .. everything works except that one cylinder..

I bought a dozen Buff Orpington hatching eggs .. I have a standing order to buy all that this lady can produce.. possibly 2 doz per week..... $3/doz .. of course I had to accidentally break one right away..

first hatch is due on the 14th,, I had better get out to the shop and build a couple more wooden hatching trays .. Might have to pick up some wire mesh while I am at F&F ..

......jiminwisc.........
It should still bleed the air out if you loosen the fitting end at the tank as well

Back
Top Bottom