Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

We're building a detached garage and turning our attached garage into living space. I'm having an issue with the number of trees being cut down. My husband already took down a bunch of small trees and 2 large oaks. Now he wants to cut down two other oaks. We need to do one for sure, but if we make the garage just a little more narrow, we can spare the second one. Maybe we should just add a few feet to the length. I just think we picked the worst possible spot for this thing. BUT the back will have an insulated brooder room. And then I can finally get a cabinet incubator :)

when in doubt...cut it down. I deal all the time with trees that should have been cut down but were not. Gets costly.

I agree a great day. Have not bow hunted in a couple of years....and my property needs it. Way to many deer this year. Little nephew will try his luck this Saturday. Hopefully gun season will reduce the numbers.

Quote: If you candled them than you know how old they were. Temp changes happen in shipping too..it is a huge risk for shipped eggs. I hope you get your money back.
Delisha, here, a better pic of the blue orpington boy and girl. They look good?

They all look nice and healthy..I would like a better picture of the male.
We're building a detached garage and turning our attached garage into living space. I'm having an issue with the number of trees being cut down. My husband already took down a bunch of small trees and 2 large oaks. Now he wants to cut down two other oaks. We need to do one for sure, but if we make the garage just a little more narrow, we can spare the second one. Maybe we should just add a few feet to the length. I just think we picked the worst possible spot for this thing. BUT the back will have an insulated brooder room. And then I can finally get a cabinet incubator
smile.png
cabinet...nice

trees too near the buildings can fall and cause damage.. take them out now while you can easily drop them rather than later when you have to hire someone with a bucket truck to do it.. $$$$$$$

we finished digging the potatoes.. Annie did most of it,, we ended up with 6 milk crates full..
plenty for us for a long while,,

.........jiminwisc...........

Hi All!

I talked to the neighbor a few doors down, DH had talked to her but I hadn't yet. Anyway, she said there is a very brazen solitary male coyote that's been taking her birds since spring. She said it even came in broad daylight while they were in the yard! She was surprised it hadn't gotten mine sooner. I think we have a breach in the fence now. That's the only reason I can think of that it hadn't come sooner. 2nd son is coming over Sat. He'll check the fence and talk to the other neighbors about hunting coyote. He was an expert sharpshooter in the Marines so if that thing gets in his sights.... it's GONE! In the meantime my .22 is sitting by the back door.... loaded! If it's that bold.... it HAS to go!

Nothing else new.... Night All!

Vicki I've never done shipped eggs before so how am I suppose to know how old they are other than what the seller told me? My only experience with detached aircells has all been rotten eggs, and same with seeping. Please enlighten my ignorance.

Vicki I've never done shipped eggs before so how am I suppose to know how old they are other than what the seller told me? My only experience with detached aircells has all been rotten eggs, and same with seeping. Please enlighten my ignorance.
the best way to learn is from your own eggs...collect one egg a day and place it in an egg carton. After 12 days check air cells on all the eggs. You will see by the air cells that as eggs age it shrinks. New eggs have little to no air cells and all shipped eggs should look like that. If they don't, ship them back and ask for replacements.

good morning,

Sclark,
even good shipped eggs can be disappointing,,
it sounds like you had the added disadvantage of having a shipper with no scruples ..

I have no major plans today.. going to get my hairs cut.. and beyond that, who know ??

BIL is supposed to come and hook us up with DSL today.. hope he makes it.. this present service we have is; let's just say, not the best ..

I am training this cat to just sit on the arm of the chair.. there is no reason she has to walk over the keyboard or sit on my lap.. she is doing pretty will with the training.. but she is like a kid, reaches over once in awhile and pushes my arm with her paw.. like the "I didn't touch you" game ..

nice and white out there today,, almost looks like snow cover ..

Cind, how does your neighbor know that coyote is a male ? must have gotten a real good close look, eh ?

hey you bow hunters,, forget about corn for bait,, plant some beets around your stand,,
or hastas ..

..........jiminwisc........

the best way to learn is from your own eggs...collect one egg a day and place it in an egg carton. After 12 days check air cells on all the eggs. You will see by the air cells that as eggs age it shrinks. New eggs have little to no air cells and all shipped eggs should look like that. If they don't, ship them back and ask for replacement
Ok, I kinda thought that was what you are getting at but wanted to make sure. The size of these air cells would lean me to believe they are about 2 1/2 weeks old. The eggs were shipped on 15th, I received them on the 17th. She stated they were picked that day which I completely don't believe. She in no way will refund my monies and never have dealt with filing a claim on eggs before so I don't even know how to go about this other than to contact Ebay. Their was multiple problems with this transaction. 1 the eggs weren't even available when the auction was won, 2 I received EE eggs and not true Ameracauna eggs, 3 I ended up with replacement of WW instead of the BFWS I won. Besides the problems with the age of eggs and quality. Life lesson I guess! Thanks for the input Vicki.

Back
Top Bottom