Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hello from Wittenberg! Just starting our flock of layers - looking to add in some meat chickens later this spring!
nice to see folks joining who are getting closer and closer to me,,
Dutch is only about 5 miles away ..
we had one guy from just on the East edge of Wausau check in a couple of years ago.. but he fell by the wayside.. I never did get a pinpoint location from him..

raining here,, doesn't look like it is freezing , though,,

in a minute of so I am turning on the hatcher and going to set it up temp wise ..

I think the turner timer in the bator is shot.. I turned it manually (pushed a button) so the turner motor works..
I am not about to haul that one from the coop back down here ..
I can switch the eggs into the hatcher and use that as the bator.. it just doesn't hold as many eggs as this one does..

.........jiminwisc.......

Welcome to all the new folks! I was going to write just what you did about the Welsummers. I only have the roo left here and he is old! When I tried to get a small flock of them going (with only one pair) the hens only laid about 3 eggs a week. Needless to say I dont have her any more!

Heading to Petco in Delafield shortly. JRs (Pupsnstuff) is having an adoption event today. Take a drive if you want--it is a fun tim. I will be there 12-2. It is going to be a blast with the puppies...it is raining here too Jim!

THanks for the message to Kristip Cuties! I had just PMed her then came to your post. I am wanting to try the copper this year instead of the cuckoo. Need a little variety!

Off to wash puppies...oh yeah, I need to set up a hatcher too! TerriO

Photo bombing to come. Finally went and took some pics of the birds so I can finally share. I have my hands full for sure.

Tyler hanging out with his Serama cockerel.

Only BLRW from my direct Foley cock before pred kill.

2 Buff American geese I hatched for Sammie.

2 Salmon Faverolle pullets I had shipped in.

d'uccle cuties.

Tylers F2 SS grow outs

BLRW Bantams, will be laying soon

LF BLRW

Speckled Sussex

Swedish Flower Hens

SS and WW grow outs

Cream Crested Legbars and Rhodebards

Silkie, Seram, d'uccle and Cochin bantams

SF, SFH and Favaucana chicks.

I have plenty more birds, just figured I bombed you all enough with these.

Freezing Rainy Day here too! Welcome to all the new folks, hang around for awhile and pull up a chair. I'm just down the road from Wittenberg in Marion. Had some Nueske's bacon yesterday.

Nice pics Stacy..thanks for sharing them.

Inside day today I guess.

Kris, when you need to add water..prolly every 3 days...wait for the bator to become level and then unplug the turner, pull the cover and egg tray, add the water and replace the tray and cover and plug the turner back in....it's a pain to do it any other way without spilling water or tipping eggs over.

bigz

Wow! I love it that we have lots of newbies! Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

Also love the pics!! Can't get enough of those little fluffers!

I've been out to tend to the chickaroos a couple of times today and some of the sidewalk and porch is slippery while the rest is just wet. One of those days, I guess. It sure feels icy out there. Grumble, grumble!

duc.gif

TO Awe that basset is cute. Too bad he wasn't available 4 months ago when my neighbor was looking. She got a pup. How old is this guy and what is his story?

I have to up and restart my thermometer calibration,, I had it sitting on the sink with ice and a thermometer when Annie comes along and dumps the water out
and puts the glass into the dishwasher, *** ???

I had a couple of seconds of excitement,, when I turned on the hatcher, the fan did not start right up. then suddenly it did start and a cloud of smoke came shooting out of the door.. I guess there must have been some dust/dander on the heating coil.. all seems ok now after a few hours of running,,

after I calibrate that therm again, I will adjust the temp in the hatcher..
this time I will stand guard over my glass of ice ..

BigZ, can't you drill a hole to push a tube through to fill the water pan ?

..........jiminwisc.........

What beautiful birds!

Freezing Rainy Day here too! Welcome to all the new folks, hang around for awhile and pull up a chair. I'm just down the road from Wittenberg in Marion. Had some Nueske's bacon yesterday.

Nice pics Stacy..thanks for sharing them.

Inside day today I guess.

Kris, when you need to add water..prolly every 3 days...wait for the bator to become level and then unplug the turner, pull the cover and egg tray, add the water and replace the tray and cover and plug the turner back in....it's a pain to do it any other way without spilling water or tipping eggs over.

bigz

Wow! I love it that we have lots of newbies! Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

Also love the pics!! Can't get enough of those little fluffers!

I've been out to tend to the chickaroos a couple of times today and some of the sidewalk and porch is slippery while the rest is just wet. One of those days, I guess. It sure feels icy out there. Grumble, grumble!

duc.gif
Thanks for the comments. I'm pretty excited I figured out how to quote multiple posts...woot woot. Feel so smart now.

Back
Top Bottom