Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Geez Thanks for the Utube to that chicken song CC....just spent probably over an hour watching that guys videos. Way to funny. To bad he is so hard to understand with that accent !!! LOL

Cind... yes I know I have your cord. It is still in the Van... not been used. Do you want me to mail it to you? I didn't forget. Sorry.

Now I forgot what else I was going to say....hmmm .

Oh, in case my Barred Rock eggs don't hatch out (shipped eggs) does anyone know of anyone who has old lines of Barred Rocks, Domoniques or Ameraucana's.... Not hatchery lines ?

And as far as getting pullets. The tractor Supplies will take your order for chicks. I know the Shawno TC gets their chicks fom Townline and Hoover hatchery and I think one more. Just ask where they get them from. Then look at their website.
My Pet Chicken is not a hatchery... they buy from other hatcheries... just an fyi.

Oh and speaking of electric at the bash. We'll need a electric spot this year as well. ET has his CPap and I need to recharge. Bigz they need to add more outlets. LOL That first spot that we use didn't have one remember? That's why I had to borrow the cord in the first place.
We do have tons of cords so will come prepared. CC save me my spot hey !!!!
Now to just get the camper fixed..... grrrrr.
Depending on how my hatch goes I might have rooters !!!! LOL

I seem to hatch them out !!

Oh and Jim.....I'm not obsessed with FB...my latest has been Ebay....but now that my baters are full of shipped eggs I'm back !! LOL

Well, you are way ahead of me in the smartness posting pics dept stacy.

There are two water channels under the egg tray Jim, and that has a grid.....so you would need two holes and the ability to see what you are doing would be impossible with the crowded eggs above. It is designed to run perfect the way it is....however adding water just takes the right plan for adding.....these bators have no extra space at all....when they say it holds 24 eggs, then you aren't getting 25 in there unless they are bantys or pheasants...LOL.

There are two water channels under the egg tray Jim, and that has a grid.....so you would need two holes and the ability to see what you are doing would be impossible with the crowded eggs above. It is designed to run perfect the way it is....however adding water just takes the right plan for adding.....these bators have no extra space at all....when they say it holds 24 eggs, then you aren't getting 25 in there unless they are bantys or pheasants...LOL.
other than pictures, I have never seen a Brinsea ,, but I'll bet I would figure out some way to add water .. it seems too complicated for me ..

Annie is baking pork chops,, I am hungry and the yummy smell is driving me crazy !!!

Last edited:

There are two water channels under the egg tray Jim, and that has a grid.....so you would need two holes and the ability to see what you are doing would be impossible with the crowded eggs above. It is designed to run perfect the way it is....however adding water just takes the right plan for adding.....these bators have no extra space at all....when they say it holds 24 eggs, then you aren't getting 25 in there unless they are bantys or pheasants...LOL.

I only fill the channels at set and lockdown and leave it alone.
Have very successful hatches doing this way and love mine.
other than pictures, I have never seen a Brinsea ,,  but I'll bet I would figure out some way to add water ..  it seems too complicated for me ..

Annie is baking pork chops,,  I am hungry and the yummy smell is driving me crazy !!!

BBQ pork roast in the slow cooker tonight. House smells amazing.

Since my mom is still feeling a bit under the weather, the kids and I went over and did some cleaning before my brother and his family arrive on Wednesday..... sometime tomorrow I need to clean my own house!

The cake was for my new job and a mini class get together, that is enough to celebrate!

TO Awe that basset is cute. Too bad he wasn't available 4 months ago when my neighbor was looking. She got a pup. How old is this guy and what is his story?
No, he was still a stray in ALabama then! Someone picked him up and contacted the people we work with down South--figured he would be hit by a car or get eaten by some of the other wild dogs around. We got him. He is neutered and about 5 years old. THis is all we know!

other than pictures, I have never seen a Brinsea ,, but I'll bet I would figure out some way to add water .. it seems too complicated for me ..

Annie is baking pork chops,, I am hungry and the yummy smell is driving me crazy !!!
I think they are pretty tightly sealed Jim--tamper proof! Enjoy your dinner! We are having ribeyes on the grill(newly fixed) with baked potatoes and a veggie...cant wait cause I am hungry!

Night! TErriO

Oh and speaking of electric at the bash. We'll need a electric spot this year as well. ET has his CPap and I need to recharge. Bigz they need to add more outlets. LOL That first spot that we use didn't have one remember? That's why I had to borrow the cord in the first place.
We do have tons of cords so will come prepared. CC save me my spot hey !!!!
Now to just get the camper fixed..... grrrrr.
Do you want the same spot as last year next to us? If not, which one?

Pork Sunday to quite a few of us...we are having pork loin roast (my cut) and fresh from the garden frozen sweet corn with freshly made mashed potatoes to go with the pork gravy...

I'll bring my brinsea to the bash Jim. I'll have you take a look at her...that reminds me that I still need to get the sears bator back to life....

bigz

Thanks Bigz..good advice for this Brinsea newbie. 22 eggs and my digital thermometer in there. To,nervous the first hatch to not have a digital watching everything. Is there a humidity level that worked best for you with this exact one?

I am playing with two of my thermometers,, I calibrated them both exactly to 32F in the same ice chips at the same time,, but when I put them side by side in the incubator, they do not both read the same,, must have something to do with the coil that expands within the therm's dial case..

I am not picking on your incubator guys,, It just surprised me that you have to remove eggs in order to add water is all.. and I still think that if I had one of them, I would certainly attempt something to make adding water easier,,

to figure out when to add water, do as I do with the styro bators.. watch your temperature.. if it is holding steady at 99.5F and then after a period of time/days the temp rises a bit, then you know that it is out of water.. I never open my styros .. (except to remove a stinky.) .
tongue.gif

the turner is tilted to the right again,, I did not see or hear it go,, but now I am waiting for it to go to the left.. I don't think it will.. at least it auto tilts one way, so I have to adjust it manually only half as much..

the hatcher is really really old.. it doesn't seem to have an indicator light for when the element is on. that makes setting the heat a bit more difficult.. it is easier to see a light go on and off than it is to hear a mini switch click.. and on the solid state therm there is no click to hear..

...........jiminwisc........

Back
Top Bottom