Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

yuckyuck.gif
Ok so he is OM ET !

Lol, loved the chicken song! Glad I previewed before I shared with my kids ;)

I have never showed poultry before, only a few rabbits as a kid. What requirements are there with paperwork, vaccinations, is NPIP required? Going to find a local 4-H here for the kids and read up on the breed standards.

Yep, it's required and you will need a NAIS number for the paperwork.

Poor Chuck....frenchie you need to buy him another toy...I'm thinkin a brand new Ford Truck...he deserves it...then you could ride shotgun with a grin on your face.

I can't believe it's almost Easter! I'll be picking my mom up at the airport in Chicago next weekend and also bringing back my daughter's dog. Riley will be in puppy heaven when those two walk in the door! Maybe he'll be too tired to chase chickens?

I hope you all have a blessed Easter week!

"AMEN" breakfast for the boys in the morning at church...it's the last Lenten breakfast for the season and it's steak and eggs with hash browns and toast and jelly..plenty of donut holes for desert and all the coffee and juice one desires...all for a $5 donation...plus a little inspirational speaker and we are off, and ready for Holy week...Peace to all.

bigz

Broilers coop....now the layers coop...has a cement floor. Deep litter both broilers & now layers. Never a problem. With only 7 in this coop w/poop boards...I have no idea when I will change out litter. Use shavings with light amount of straw ( use straw in the nesting boxes. ).

New broiler coop has wood floor. Deep litter...pine shavings only. Turned over daily. Great for the sweet corn patch. Both layers & broilers coops are large.
I think this year I will do smaller batches of broilers...to reduce chore time. I'm sure the broodys will hatch out a few cockerels for freezer camp.

Hi All!

Nothing new here.

Kildare..... I have a wood floor in my coop and have gone deep litter. I was concerned about it rotting the floor so I have a heavy duty tarp between the floor and the litter. We use a plastic snow shovel to scoop it out. It's been there going on it's 5th year and holding up rather well.

Night All.

Hi All!

Nothing new here.

Kildare..... I have a wood floor in my coop and have gone deep litter. I was concerned about it rotting the floor so I have a heavy duty tarp between the floor and the litter. We use a plastic snow shovel to scoop it out. It's been there going on it's 5th year and holding up rather well.

Night All.
night Cind,

I just loaded 120 more eggs into the bator,,
120 chix + 120 chix + 24 guinea = 264 totalI sure hope my recalibrated thermometers are correct ..

Last edited:
Got my new Brinsea spot check thermometers yesterday. What a disappointment! $20 each for some dinky little plastic. They are suppose to be accurate +/-.1°. Total BS......there is a difference of more than 1 Whole ° !
So which one is codrect. Plus you can't calibrate because it it gets below a certain temp they just read low !

Got my new Brinsea spot check thermometers yesterday. What a disappointment! $20 each for some dinky little plastic. They are suppose to be accurate +/-.1°. Total BS......there is a difference of more than 1 Whole ° !
So which one is codrect. Plus you can't calibrate because it it gets below a certain temp they just read low !
What's the matter Sandi, forget your password?
lau.gif

For $20 apiece, I'd send those puppies back.

I have a dirt floor in the main coop so I use the deep litter too. I mostly use wood chips but will add leaves and a little bit of straw in the fall and winter. I have poop boards too which really helps out with keeping the mess to a minimum. I clean those off every day or two.

In the spring, I take some of the used litter and use it for mulch around my fruit trees. It looks just like mulch but has the added benefit of fertilizer mixed right in.

Sandi, I am surprised you hadn't seen that chicken talk vid on FB. Terri was the one who showed it to me so technically it is her fault.
wink.png

It is always a good idea to preview links in this forum in advance before showing them to your kids. Just sayin.
hide.gif
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom