Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I fell asleep Saturday night watching TV in bed. When I woke up a few hours later I found my glasses had fallen off and I was laying on them. They looked like they went through a blender. My eyeglasses Dr. office fixed em up with new parts Monday AM-no charge!

11 for 11 today. Averaging 9-10 a day the last few weeks.

Welcome Dan! Looks like you have some mighty lucky pets there!
smile.png

Thank you!!! Oh my I'm dieing, I'm dieing!! That's a good reason to get a cochin right, to save my life?

Ahhhhhhh!!!! I cannot wait why do I have to wait until next year? :( He thinks I'm trying to get every breed in a two year span lol clearly he has no idea how many breeds there are and in truth I'm lucky BC he's very supportive and has upped the allowed number to 40 birds by this fall as long as I'm down to 40(I figure I could get away with 42-43) ;) lol

You have stunning birds. Thank you so much for sharing I truly hope I can get some chicks from you next year and maybe you'll have them further separated in pens. Which would be a great excuse to get more BC I'd have to have one if each color!

Did I mention that he encouraged me to set 48 eggs in the incubator and that we also have two broody silkies and hope to have a third(she started sitting yesterday) in a couple days when we're sure she's committed. Both the first two have four eggs each and the third if she commits will get about 5 oegb and probably one other egg BC the oegb are pullet eggs.

Hello Wisconsin. I've posted here before, but never took the time to say,"hi", to my neighbors. I'm Dan from Ladysmith. My wife and I are both pet crazy. Have a great day.
Love your seramas! You still looking for homes for them? How many and what genders? Jw still have to talk to my Mom and see if she's interested. I'm interested but never got an answer. From what I've read people paint them as being almost frail. My questions are can they free range(not a deal breaker)? Do they need special care? Can they be with other fowl, lf or bantams, or both? Thanks

@nchls school Awesome group of pets. I would love it at your place and I can never go there or you will be missing pets and I will be kicked out of my home. Is that a min pin and Chihuahua? We used to breed min pins and currently have a little male Chi.

Love your seramas! You still looking for homes for them? I have some chicks for sale. Two are 2 weeks old ($6 ea.) and three are 3 weeks old ($9 ea.). How many and what genders? Too young to sex.Jw still have to talk to my Mom and see if she's interested.

I'm interested but never got an answer. From what I've read people paint them as being almost frail. Some lines are frail-mine are not. My questions are can they free range(not a deal breaker)? Yes, but they are very small and would be easy prey. An enclosed run is better for serama in my opinion. Do they need special care? They do not do well with extreme cold. Can they be with other fowl, lf or bantams, or both? Yes.

Thanks Serama are very like other bantams in what they need to stay healthy. I also have a single Japanese bantam rooster to sell $30.

Serama mature fast being able to lay eggs/reproduce in four months. If you have more questions ask away.

@nchls school Awesome group of pets. I would love it at your place and I can never go there or you will be missing pets and I will be kicked out of my home. Is that a min pin and Chihuahua? We used to breed min pins and currently have a little male Chi.

Both dogs are cross breeds. Pin/daksy and chihuahua/shnauwzer. The dogs are a pain...,but when you look them in the face it's hard to stay irritated. Thanks for the compliment.

Last edited:
@nchls school We have 2 dachshunds a Chi and a min pin ( I call her a micro pin as she is barely 5 lbs) then we have a 100 lb German Shepherd outside. I know about dogs being a pain.

On another note, I have one chicken that has been sitting in the nest all day and won't even get out if I move her. I plan to watch her the next couple of days but I do believe I could have a broody. She is a barred rock. I was going to see if anyone has a few fertile eggs they would be willing to part with that I could give her as I have no rooster. I am in Grant county. I won't know for sure for a couple days I guess. Heck you guys know better than I do!

@nchls school We have 2 dachshunds a Chi and a min pin ( I call her a micro pin as she is barely 5 lbs) then we have a 100 lb German Shepherd outside. I know about dogs being a pain.

On another note, I have one chicken that has been sitting in the nest all day and won't even get out if I move her. I plan to watch her the next couple of days but I do believe I could have a broody. She is a barred rock. I was going to see if anyone has a few fertile eggs they would be willing to part with that I could give her as I have no rooster. I am in Grant county. I won't know for sure for a couple days I guess. Heck you guys know better than I do!

Broodys fluff up, growl when disturbed, and cluck. If she stays on the nest 24 hours it is safe to say you have a broody hen. Good luck finding fertile eggs. If I were closer, but I'm West Central-Rusk County.

She isn't getting aggressive in any way, she is my tamest girl and follows me around like a puppy. That may not mean anything though.
Broodys fluff up, growl when disturbed, and cluck. If she stays on the nest 24 hours it is safe to say you have a broody hen. Good luck finding fertile eggs. If I were closer, but I'm West Central-Rusk County.

Back
Top Bottom