Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Got a few polish chicks for my daughters at the swap, came home to find one of the meaties dead(from TSC this week) little concerned I might have squished him when I lowered the heat plate. I have it slanted and a little concerned the back might be low enough to squish them if they run back there as I lower so I raised it a notch.

Now to spend a gorgeous day outside.

Beautiful birds BBP. I really like your blues too. That dark girl in the middle is gorgeous.

Terri, Delisha & Cuties went to the swap today also.

Nothing new here. Hope you are feeling better Cindy. Pneumonia stinks.

We have been going strong in the spring cleaning dept. Got the yard looking tip top. Garbage gathered and ready for the dump. Chicken run is cleaned and dumped on the garden and got the garden over half tilled and ran out of gas. Still have to clean out the coop then I will be able to finish the garden. Feeling like keeping busy but am I beat tonight.

Howdy back again.
We got our girls settled in and because we live in an apartment in a barn, our back yard area is near the big indoor arena.
There is a 4h program and the chickens first weekend one of the hens cackled and one horse spooked a little and we almost had to get rid of our precious ones.
But giving fresh eggs to folks paid off and we simply had to move the coop to be along side the stall area.

I also have seramas and LOVE them but Ladysmith is too Far. Darn darn.

So an interesting thing, while looking at a horse for the barn i work at. ..The nice lady had some odd cross breeds one of which might be rumpless bantam salmon favorell types and splash bantam cochins.
And while not a cross, she has 3 exchequer leghorns that she really doesn't want, they don't seem old either

Howdy back again.
We got our girls settled in and because we live in an apartment in a barn, our back yard area is near the big indoor arena.
There is a 4h program and the chickens first weekend one of the hens cackled and one horse spooked a little and we almost had to get rid of our precious ones.
But giving fresh eggs to folks paid off and we simply had to move the coop to be along side the stall area.

I also have seramas and LOVE them but Ladysmith is too Far. Darn darn.

So an interesting thing, while looking at a horse for the barn i work at. ..The nice lady had some odd cross breeds one of which might be rumpless bantam salmon favorell types and splash bantam cochins.
And while not a cross, she has 3 exchequer leghorns that she really doesn't want, they don't seem old either

It seems to me instead of getting rid of the chicken noise, the horses should be acclimated to different noises.
When I was a kid, the chickens roamed in and out of the horse barn and under the horses..

"spooky" horses often use that excuse to misbehave.

If the rider lets them get away with it, it will be a lifelong problem,,

It seems to me instead of getting rid of the chicken noise, the horses should be acclimated to different noises.
When I was a kid, the chickens roamed in and out of the horse barn and under the horses..  

"spooky"  horses often use that excuse to misbehave.

If the rider lets them get away with it, it will be a lifelong problem,,

I agree with Jim on this one. Sounds like some horses need work with desensitizing. I wouldn't get on a horse that spooks at a little noise like a hen.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom