Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

yep, there aren't that many people in wausau who raise chickens anyhow. maybe now there will be more..

i had to chuckle at a woman they interviewed a few weeks ago . she couldn't see why anybody would want chickens .
she happens to live in a neighborhood where the lots are huge and nobody around her is going to have chickens anyhow..
just people inflicting their will upon others ..

when I was a kid, there was no law for or against it.. in fact, a man a block away from us raised two pigs and butchered them in his back yard.

when we put in our 4 new windows, I do not want to put the window AC back in.
I could mount them through the wall, but they are old units and if they fail, I don't want the hassle of trying to find new units to fit the old openings.
I am going AC shopping..

DD Barby came yesterday just before dark and planted three rows of strawberries.
she said some could use some water.
I am content to wait for the rain..

........jiminwisc.....

Rain missed us up here except for a 2 minute downpour around midnight. We actually could have used a bit more. I need to get out and pick the greenbeans today but the weather is NOT great for that. Hope we at least get a cloud or two. Moving the "babies" into their growout pen today. They are only 5 wks old but the weather is definitely warm enough and they just outgrowing the brooder. These are hatchery pullets (hopefully, one is looking suspicious) from Hoover's out of Iowa. The healthiest, friendliest birds I've ever gotten from a hatchery. Definitely recommend them.

rain north of us, rain south of us.
here: nada..

the puppies are getting really friendly. I think they have figured out that the guy with the straw hat means FOOD !!!

one hot lead as a buyer from NC has backed out. here I spent days getting air freight pricing for her, and then she quits.
"found a breeder" she says,.
Like I told Annie. I will believe them when they are driving OUT of my driveway.

.........jiminwisc........

rain north of us, rain south of us.
here: nada..

the puppies are getting really friendly. I think they have figured out that the guy with the straw hat means FOOD !!!

one hot lead as a buyer from NC has backed out. here I spent days getting air freight pricing for her, and then she quits.
"found a breeder" she says,.
Like I told Annie. I will believe them when they are driving OUT of my driveway.

.........jiminwisc........
Hope you have better luck with folks that are serious buyers. These are great pups and deserve a proper new home.

I've got to finish fixing the toilet, put up a tent in the backyard for dd Rowan's sleepover tomorrow. There will be 8 neighborhood kids from ages 5-10. Then I have a fundraiser training to attend this evening. I'll be bartending on Saturday for the Hunger task force at one of the local breweries. Just pouring beer really, but the training sounds fun lol I will need to try each of their beers so I can recommend them to the attendees on Saturday.
If anyone in the Milwaukee area would like, they are still looking for volunteers. Not all for bartending so don't require "training". I'm not sure if I can post the phone number here, but feel free to pm me for details.

Then Sunday I'll be going out to 7 mile fair to rehome these chicks. They've outgrown the brooder and can manage to get out. I accidentally stepped on one yesterday when feeding. I felt so bad about it.

After that, I'll be tearing out linoleum in the kitchen and then tile it. Kinda scary diy, but I'll manage.

I've had a month off from school and haven't done alot, but am making up for it this coming week!

I went out to make final measurements for the new lean to. I pulled a board off of the roof framing, then another, and another, before you knew it I had most of the wall down and half of the roof framing. by then I was wringing wet from sweat ..
back in to the AC..
been calling every store in wausau about through the wall AC 's . not much to choose from around here. now I am on line.
I will come up with something..

Menard's has AC 's, but no mounting brackets. don't know when or if they will get any in soon..

I am about to figure out how to put the window units through the wall.
utube, here I come.......

lllllllljiminwisc.........

I went out to make final measurements for the new lean to. I pulled a board off of the roof framing, then another, and another, before you knew it I had most of the wall down and half of the roof framing. by then I was wringing wet from sweat ..
back in to the AC..
been calling every store in wausau about through the wall AC 's . not much to choose from around here. now I am on line.
I will come up with something..

Menard's has AC 's, but no mounting brackets. don't know when or if they will get any in soon..

I am about to figure out how to put the window units through the wall.
utube, here I come.......

lllllllljiminwisc.........
Have you checked Menards online? I've ordered stuff that way before when they gave me that response and got it right away.

Hotter than blazes out today. I stayed inside. We got just shy of 4.5 inches of rain last night. Several towns around us were hit hard with winds or possible tornadoes. We had almost no damage. Garden is well watered but we are supposed to get more rain tonight. I would gladly share it with those of you who need it if I could just figure out how to turn a storm.

Jealous of the bee swarm! I really want bees again.

Jim, I don't know how much you are getting for your pups, but I saw an ad for some and they were charging $1000.

Back
Top Bottom