Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I could tolerate a strictly outside cat, but that is it..
as long as we had our dogs, no cat ever came to stay.
dogs are all gone, now, so I suppose cats will start showing up.. they would be welcome if they caught all of these red squirrels..
I noticed an increase of rabbits, too.
.......jiminwaUSAu....

One of our barn kitties has been sleeping at the door on the porch. No! he is not coming inside - he has an entire barn, plus a heated cat box in the milk-room to sleep in.
When our barn cat had kittens, I told my husband that 5 was alot to keep and we should find a home for 2 of them. I always thought that Socks would make a great house cat - he is very loving, loves to snuggle and play, is gentle and very pretty. He is a long-haired orange cat with white socks. Nope, he is not going anywhere, turns out he is a mighty hunter - maybe he will get rid of our red squirrels for us.

Red Squirrels are OK in the woods, but we have them living under our front porch. Red Devils is what we call them. Somehow, one got in our heating ducts a while back and ended up in the furnace. Luckily he was on the air side of the filter and not the furnace side. Another one found an entry point into the basement - he chewed open a 50# bag of popcorn that was on the shelf and spilled it onto the floor. He must have though he died and went to heaven when the stream of popcorn started spewing out like a golden waterfall.

I am waiting for the temps to stay above 40F consistently . then I am going to start doing outside things, like finish cleaning my shop and re arranging the "furniture" ..
Wyo. Poor kitty. He knows where his food is coming from, and where you disappear after you feed him. just waiting for his wonderful person to reappear .
I could tolerate red squirrels if they would quit finding a way into the attic.
I thought I had all of the holes blocked off by putting up all new aluminum soffits..
....jiminwaUSAu....

My 2 cats keep me busy enough for sure. We use the clumping litter from fleet farm. It goes for $7.99 for a 40lb box...it's the least expensive litter I have been able to find. I have 4 boxes in the basement to service daily...they have me trained well. Kills me when they are outside and come in and go in the basement boxes.....they must want to keep me busy.
Hens are laying well.

Stay Safe.... bigz

this corona virus has everything shut down.
has really impacted our lifestyle.
In the past I used to cough to cover up a fart.
Now, I fart to cover up a cough.
A look into the future: a delegation is sent to the USA to help dispose of 200 thousand bodies. one thing they found in common with all of them was their butts were super clean..
........jiminwisc......

Things are getting NUTS around here. Walmart has changed the store hours again. People are vultures! We got a pallet of toilet paper in and everyone just started grabbing off the pallet. Workers stood back for their own safety. They did not have to stock it. Customers are nasty and complaining to me and other cashiers and when we tell them who they need to complain to they get mad and say they are not going to bother. REALLY? I have unlimited overtime right now, so that is good just in case we do have to close down for a time.

Back
Top Bottom