Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Happy Fathers day! Spent a few hours cutting grass with more rain on the way.
My hatch is over with 10 out of 13 hatching and doin great. Three duds that never developed...still a great hatch with 3 lav orps and the rest will be easter eggers with a orp roo and ameraucana hens of different colors providing the fertile eggs.

Stay Safe.... bigz

Hey good morning everyone. I moved to Wisconsin a few years ago and am a chicken mom again, so wanted to reach out and connect with others in this area. Im down south, near Lake Geneva. We are having some ordinance issues in a few of the very small townships, so really hoping to connect with some local chicken peeps. Have a great day everyone!

Hey good morning everyone. I moved to Wisconsin a few years ago and am a chicken mom again, so wanted to reach out and connect with others in this area. Im down south, near Lake Geneva. We are having some ordinance issues in a few of the very small townships, so really hoping to connect with some local chicken peeps. Have a great day everyone!

well you came to the right place.
we have people down in that area, too.
If you can't get your ordinance fixed, you just might have to become an outlaw..
I am rural so I can have as many chickens as I choose.
right now I choose to have none.
I am concentrating on my tomatoes. I have 30 tomatoes in containers. playing around with self watering containers for the first time.
yesterday I bought 12ea 1''x10' thin wall pvc pipes.
I cut a couple in half for tomato stakes. very sturdy and quite inexpensive. about $1.5o for a 10" pipe. they will last for years..
I pruned all of the suckers off of the tomatoes yesterday.
also pruned the lowest branches/leaves for better air circulation down below.
....jiminwaUSAu......

well you came to the right place.
we have people down in that area, too.
If you can't get your ordinance fixed, you just might have to become an outlaw..
I am rural so I can have as many chickens as I choose.
right now I choose to have none.
I am concentrating on my tomatoes. I have 30 tomatoes in containers. playing around with self watering containers for the first time.
yesterday I bought 12ea 1''x10' thin wall pvc pipes.
I cut a couple in half for tomato stakes. very sturdy and quite inexpensive. about $1.5o for a 10" pipe. they will last for years..
I pruned all of the suckers off of the tomatoes yesterday.
also pruned the lowest branches/leaves for better air circulation down below.
....jiminwaUSAu......

Re: The ordinance- as you know there are so many little townships in the counties and literally weeks after signing papers on our house, in an area we were allowed to have chickens (it was one of our must haves for home buying) the township passed a law banning all poultry. We are in a rural area about 15 min outside LG. I spoke to several neighbors who said it was one person who had a rooster and one neighbor who had an issue. fortunately, that "neighbor" lives on the other side of our boundary.

I went ahead and got chicks in March, built my coop and run inside my backyard (I have 1/3 acre) You cannot see it from any angle other than my back neighbor who has no issues and already asking to buy eggs.

Im not worried about my specific neighbors, but would like to get started on petitioning our township board to reconsider.

Re: Your tomatoes! I saw your post with the buckets. Thats a lot. I started creating a 900 sq foot garden out of nothing but plain yard, but this year only using 1/3 of it as I have to raise it more and a few other things not expecting. We are 500 feet from the Fox river and get a lot of standing water in the yard/garden area during late fall and spring rains.

it is a shame when a few can screw it up for so many..
Yesterday , I told my wife that the new gas can spouts , (that are impossible to make work) were caused by a few idiots who didn't know how to use a gas can. the few screwed it up for the majority , again..

Welcome to the Cheeseheads LJ. BL4 is also near Lake Geneva and has layers and almost meaties soon.
I was gonna pick peas and strawberries today, but thought I would get rained out. Now it's noon and no rain yet, guess I shoulda got er done. Hind sight is always 20/20.

Stay Safe... bigz

I am not far from you. I am in Whitewater

it is a shame when a few can screw it up for so many..
Yesterday , I told my wife that the new gas can spouts , (that are impossible to make work) were caused by a few idiots who didn't know how to use a gas can. the few screwed it up for the majority , again..
Tell me about the new insane gas cans. I cant get them to work right and boyfriend flipped out when he saw what I bought

Want to know what is nut is that for the price of a brand new gas can (with the lousy pouring system) you can buy a kit with a little plastic vent and new pour spout to make your brand new "safe" gas can work like the old "dangerous" ones. You have to drill the hole for the vent yourself.

Maybe we need to start a write in campaign to the government to get the law changed so we can have a gas can that works again.

We got so fed up that we bought a 10 gallon fueling system.

Hey LJ33 we are neighbors! There are a few more members in the area that don’t post on here very often, but they are terrific folks. 😊

First batch of meaties arrives the last week of June. 👍🏻 It will be nice to put some home grown food in the freezer!

I have another project in the works, but I’ll wait until I am finished with it before I spill the beans.

Back
Top Bottom