Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Done!
D1140F01-FE42-4D22-92E8-9180A04FBE6D.jpeg

4D5C9F81-1A4F-414A-9278-739C9D00A595.jpeg

06EE301E-C582-45EB-940D-717818364C37.jpeg

That should work out perfect bl4. Hope you placed a order and can butcher in October. That would be perfection at it's best. No to hurry.

Stay Safe...bigz

yep, We always liked butchering after fly season is over. and it is easier to cool the meat off if the temps are not in the 70F's or above.
How many are you going to get ?
I didn't work on the green house today. DD brought her 3'' drill bit and we prepared 11 buckets for wicking waterers. going to put the Romas in them,
I have to go get a 1 1/8'' hole saw .
I am going to fix at least one bucket up for peas.
today I scrounged up a few steel T-posts.
Not looking forward to using the pounder to drive them in, though..
.....jiminwisc.......

I placed an order with Sunnyside....... then started calling around to see if anyone else had birds....... lo and behold Tyler did!

Purely Poultry has a chick supplier able to ship right now! So order number 2 will arrive the week of June 30th, order number 1 will ship September 16. 😊 30 birds each time.

Right now the chickshaw is being used to break the broody hens...... it will be nice to evict them soon, as I have been battling these biddies for weeks.

Now that I am almost settled into tent life. Here is a thought I am pondering. We have ALOT of floor board type stuff. Do you think this would work for my 5 chicks if we put insulation between the boards? I do still have igloo but that would only work for the hen plus maybe one but when I do let her out she tries to terrorize babies but when they get together Pixie may have a surprise from them

this is what I have been doing for the past two days:
making self watering (wicking) bucket planters for my ten Roma tomatoes.

They have to sit level, so I moved them onto the level deck of the green house:
20200619_110244[1].jpg

from this
to
this
20200620_062421[1].jpg

long distance shot because it was raining.
6/20/20.

Back
Top Bottom