Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Cute pup bl4, but it can't be a AKC registered boxer with it's black coat, unless it's a really dark brindle They only recognize fawn and brindle...we had a brindle colored one and one of or favorite dogs over the years and we raised many. We might get another at some point in time, but not at the present with just too much going on.
Set 24 eggs in the brinsea today and worked in the gardens and went turkey hunting...nap time.

Hi everybody been a while since I've been on here. I got 82 Cornish cross a little more than a week ago. My wife ordered 20 jackie reds that came Wednesday morning. Fun fun fun.

She is able to be registered, I have all the paperwork. The color is called sealed brindle. Right now she looks black but I am thinking as she gets older you might be able to see the striping better. Not that it matters to me if she is registered or not though.... we love her anyway and she sure is a pistol. I have forgotten what it is like to have a puppy in the house..... it is like having a two year old again.....

Good for you bl4 ....I would register her just in case.....I use to have a Wisconsin Kennel license and promoted pure bred breeds...folks will ask you if she is purebred I'm sure down the road and you can answer..she is registered.....worth it if you run into someone with another nice looking boxer that would work....if you get her fixed then I guess it doesn't matter. Still a old passion of mine.

DC what is a jackie red? Just a production red I assume?

Stay Safe.... bigz

BigZ, I need litters of puppies like I need a hole in the head! Lol! Not going into being a breeder....... yet. Love the Boxer breed though...... she is pretty quick, already is signaling she needs to go outside.... and not even 10 weeks.

Of course I decided she needed a playmate, so we have a Lab arriving in June. The ducks and chickens will love this......

Lockdown day for my next group of laying hens! I have 24 eggs set to hatch in 2 days..... candled them when I took them out of the turner and it looks like quite a few have already pipped internally.

Meat birds are getting the boot tomorrow to the great outdoors. They have been in the basement long enough.

Attachments

• 35E5186A-5960-44B3-989E-1ACC776DD90E.jpeg
    35E5186A-5960-44B3-989E-1ACC776DD90E.jpeg
    417.3 KB · Views: 4
me too, what's a jackie red ?
How is the pup with the ducks and chickens ?
Brent, hunting gets more difficult as you get older. Turkeys should be hunted from in a car. I see nice toms all the time on the road.
......jiminwaUSAu.......

We have had a Tom strut his stuff by the chickens for the past 2 days now..... you could shoot him from our deck...

The pup thinks the chickens and ducks are toys, so I make sure she is leashed around them. She is very very interested in them...... so until I can trust her she will remain leashed. The bird dog will be interesting to try and train, but my daughters dogs leave them be so I think we will be fine.

Chicks are popping from their shells like popcorn in that incubator..... and the meaties are living it up outside tonight. I need to get the electric fence around them for the night so nothing tries to eat their toes off through the bottom of the tractor.

Well! FFF so the husband I had Hibachi.

Luna is growing like a weed and catching on to commands quickly; she is even letting us know when she has to go out. We love her to bits already.

I ended up with 13 chicks; which is a terrible hatch rate for the # of eggs I put into the incubator. It has been great for a Pos styro incubator, but if I need to hatch more I think I need an upgrade....

Attachments

• 284E95DE-BC0E-4448-B0C2-09C3EA6DAF2B.jpeg
    284E95DE-BC0E-4448-B0C2-09C3EA6DAF2B.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 3
  • AADA095A-49A1-40AC-BCF2-2BF3D0207087.jpeg
    AADA095A-49A1-40AC-BCF2-2BF3D0207087.jpeg
    446 KB · Views: 3
Well! FFF so the husband I had Hibachi.

Luna is growing like a weed and catching on to commands quickly; she is even letting us know when she has to go out. We love her to bits already.

I ended up with 13 chicks; which is a terrible hatch rate for the # of eggs I put into the incubator. It has been great for a Pos styro incubator, but if I need to hatch more I think I need an upgrade....
Luna looks so happy!!

Back
Top Bottom