Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Well, the house can be summed up as this: even if you put lipstick on a pig, it’s still a pig. They did a lot of work to 90% of completion, and then just quit at the finish line so there were a lot of things that looked great in the pictures and then they were a major disappointment up close. Asking price was way over because of all the details that were not closed out on. Then on top of that they have two wood burning stoves piped into one single chimney….. major illegal right there.

Someday we will figure out where we will land….. been using realtor.com vs Zillow due to the ability to filter out contingent properties.

I did not realize how dry things are until I did some yard work today…… the soil under the top layer is powdery it is so dry. Thankfully it started raining around 4ish and has been pretty steady ever since.

Back to the grind tomorrow….. I miss my chickens…….

Well, the house can be summed up as this: even if you put lipstick on a pig, it’s still a pig. They did a lot of work to 90% of completion, and then just quit at the finish line so there were a lot of things that looked great in the pictures and then they were a major disappointment up close. Asking price was way over because of all the details that were not closed out on. Then on top of that they have two wood burning stoves piped into one single chimney….. major illegal right there.

Someday we will figure out where we will land….. been using realtor.com vs Zillow due to the ability to filter out contingent properties.

I did not realize how dry things are until I did some yard work today…… the soil under the top layer is powdery it is so dry. Thankfully it started raining around 4ish and has been pretty steady ever since.

Back to the grind tomorrow….. I miss my chickens…….
Dont worry you will find a place. My mom is a real estate agent so it makes it easier to find places for sale. It rained here pretty good almost all night.

yaaay, we are having a nice gentle ,soaking rain. really needed it. it will leach the fertilizer down to the grape vine roots.
the rain should quit about noon.
ETA
the rain did stop and I did prune two of the grape vines. I took off seven extra shoots. I put them into a pail of dirt to see if they will root. If they don't, there is nothing lost.

We had to say goodbye unexpectedly to our only adult rooster today. I did my normal morning chores and everything was fine. At 10, my wife went out to take care of some other chores and everything was still normal. 30 minutes later I went out to check on her and noticed our rooster had died. He was found laying on his back, no signs of trauma or an attack and no other known health issues or symptoms. We currently suspect it was a random heart attack. He was our nicest rooster to date -- a low bar on our homestead. It's always sad to lose something unexpectedly but not to worry, he likely made a future decision a little easier on us as we have a few too many roosters currently in the juvenile and chick stages that we'll need to figure out what to do with soon.

We had to say goodbye unexpectedly to our only adult rooster today. I did my normal morning chores and everything was fine. At 10, my wife went out to take care of some other chores and everything was still normal. 30 minutes later I went out to check on her and noticed our rooster had died. He was found laying on his back, no signs of trauma or an attack and no other known health issues or symptoms. We currently suspect it was a random heart attack. He was our nicest rooster to date -- a low bar on our homestead. It's always sad to lose something unexpectedly but not to worry, he likely made a future decision a little easier on us as we have a few too many roosters currently in the juvenile and chick stages that we'll need to figure out what to do with soon.
Im sorry. I hate loosing something unexpectedly.

I will be heading off to neck therapy in a few minutes.
I am shopping for a hedge/grass trimmer. cordless with a long handle
I found one that I like, but can't find any place around here that sells them or has them in stock.
Annie picked up a piece of wire in the lawn mower tire. I will be plugging it this afternoon.

I will be heading off to neck therapy in a few minutes.
I am shopping for a hedge/grass trimmer. cordless with a long handle
I found one that I like, but can't find any place around here that sells them or has them in stock.
Annie picked up a piece of wire in the lawn mower tire. I will be plugging it this afternoon.

ETA:
I did a no,no. the hole in the tire was in the sidewall. I plugged it anyway. I figure I will be safe, since I will not be running down the highway at 70 mph.
raining today. that's ok. we need a good soaker. then I am going to mulch the grapes when the sun comes out.

Someone bought our 4 silkie roosters 5 bucks each. Waahoo. they are gone.
Not going to end well I think the brahma rooster would eventually really hurt one of the silkies.
More chicks about to hatch maybe I put some of the eggs under the broodies or give them some chicks.
First batch sweet corn going pretty good, had to reseed some of it, had planted it the 15 last month. Surprised it the seed did not all rot in the cool weather.
Second batch starting to poke thru.
Will plant last batch hopefully by the 20th.

I sprayed roundup at nieghbors I put some roundup ready field corn down there. Did not get as much planted as would have liked 4 and 1/2 pounds. About 6000 seeds hopefully get 30 to 40 bushel corn or more.

Be carefull with that tire plugging the sidewall

I am not worried about the plug in the side wall. Once I did an emergency side wall plug on my pickup truck. kind of forgot about it for over a year. it held.
still sprinkling here. too wet to try any yard work.
I am working on a tumbler type compost bin with a 55 gal plastic drum. I have to come up with a sturdy stand for it.
am thinking of 4x4's planted into the ground.

Back
Top Bottom