Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Been BZ here, was going to get picture of chicks on here..just to BZ. Sold 5 more chicks well they are 3 weeks old forgot to take craigslist as down.
First crop sweet corn up, surprised it made it and didnt rot in the ground, planted it about the 16th. Working on starting second crop.
Incubator going about 15 days next batch.
Found Amish family which process chickens 2 bucks each. I hate plucking and processing chickens. Going to take some chickens up this fall. 15 to 25 chickens would do us.
Still advertising to give away silkie roosters no takers. Anyone in western WI or Eastern MN need some Silkie roosters. I am by La Crosse.
Watching my big Brahma rooster fight one silkie. The Brahma had it pinned down finally the Silkie gave up. Then the other 2 come over to fight. The Silkies attack then run underneath him and come out the other side and attack again. Finally broke it up.
Give it another week hope someone takes them or 3 of them are leaving.

I just sold my last whiz bang plucker.
we are not doing chickens any more.
I still have a drum style plucker , I am going to sell that one, too.
we started out doing 200 chickens, then the kids left home, in the end we did only 50.
today I am going to put composted cow manure around the rhubarb and some of the grapes.
I put a U post next to four different grape shoots . as it turned out they were in a straight line.
I didn't expect that.
last year a doe had triplets in our yard. this morning we had three yearlings in the yard outside of the kitchen window. do you think they are the same ones? we do.

Last edited:
I just sold my last whiz bang plucker.
we are not doing chickens any more.
I still have a drum style plucker , I am going to sell that one, too.
we started out doing 200 chickens, then the kids left home, in the end we did only 50.
today I am going to put composted cow manure around the rhubarb and some of the grapes.
I put a U post next to four different grape shoots . as it turned out they were in a straight line.
I didn't expect that.
last year a doe had triplets in our yard. this morning we had three yearlings in the yard outside of the kitchen window. do you think they are the same ones? we do.
They were probably the same ones. Deer in this area stick around usally for a few years.

Yesterday I fertilized the wild grapes and some of the rhubarb. Today I mulch/composted five grapes and two rhubarb.
I mixed a 40 pound bag of composted cow manure with ten gallons of potting soil. that made fifteen gallons of mulch/compost. I will mulch later on with rotted wood chips.

Yesterday I fertilized the wild grapes and some of the rhubarb. Today I mulch/composted five grapes and two rhubarb.
I mixed a 40 pound bag of composted cow manure with ten gallons of potting soil. that made fifteen gallons of mulch/compost. I will mulch later on with rotted wood chips.
Our rhubarb we cut back till the end of the year and we need to finish up are garden.

We haven't heard from a lot of people in awhile.
for my vote, byc could do with out the "like" bar. maybe then people would actually respond instead of just reading.
Maybe😂😂. Wondering did anyone rlse loose power last night. We were without power for an hour. Just had brought the generator out and bam it turned back on. Someonr hit a powerline just not sure how many people where knocked out.

Back
Top Bottom