and totaled the car. lol
You got a good buy on that planter. I saw worse
for more money.. I bought a horse drawn 2 row
planter from a friend. we had to cut down small
poplar trees that had grown up through it. After
several cans of penetrating oil and bolt loosening,
it worked just fine. only had to be careful not
to back up in the least or the drop chutes would
plug with dirt. and to go super slow with the farmal A..
I learned once the hard way about backing up with a planter.I thought the planter was in the air enough, just backed up alittle amount. I had got myself in a bind. I ended up having a mess and replanting half a field.
One of the things I do in spring check the chutes on the shoes, never know a mouse could build a house inside one, piece of rusty metal fall, scale and plug it.

I learned once the hard way about backing up with a planter.I thought the planter was in the air enough, just backed up alittle amount. I had got myself in a bind. I ended up having a mess and replanting half a field.
One of the things I do in spring check the chutes on the shoes, never know a mouse could build a house inside one, piece of rusty metal fall, scale and plug it.

or my BIL could be riding on the planter and
not notice that the seeds are not dropping .

Last edited:
I had my double wall fount waterer freeze up last week. Have it on the heater now. I need to reorganize the coop - the waterer is now so high they have a hard time drinking out of it. Getting 5 to 6 eggs a day now. Still small size eggs, but glad to get them. Nice calm flock - they get excited when I show up with the scrap container. Dh gets a kick out of their excitement for scraps. Today, stale homemade biscuits trumped the lettuce and tomato trimmings. My rooster is nice and calm - big beautiful guy! He sings when his gals lay eggs, lol
Done with my first week of work. 3 days working and 2 days paid holiday. nice way to ease back into work. I filed for my last unemployment check and have completely drained my unemployment account, lol. Found a job just in time.

Happy late Thanksgiving.
Have to love a calm rooster, I like my brahma roosters. Calm
My egg production is starting to kick up abit also.
Subaru mostly back together. Grille is zip tied on, need the plastic pieces which lock the grille into place. Get those some day. Just finish some tightening. Order a fog light today.

after another meal of left over turkey, we two old
people took advantage of the warm day and went
out and cleaned enough space to get Annie's car
into the garage. also emptied the firewood out of the
tractor bucket and stored it under a lean to roof.
it sure was nice to not to have to wear a heavy coat.
sounds like the fender is back on again, TOR..

Yes Subaru back on the road. Body's lines not perfect. Could have banged the radiator support more forward, body work with prybar and hammer. If I get the gumption one day Ill try modify and fix it. Fender could go 1/4 inch, 1/8th forward. I replaced headlight, turn signal, fender liner, hood, trim piece under headlight and bumper retainer clips along with lots of other plastic retainer clips and last fog light soon. Did not know cars these days are held together with so much plastic. Door opens and closes fine and does not rub on fender, not much room.

9 eggs today chickens going into overtime. Younger hens must be starting to kick in and I have another rooster, thought it was a hen.

Sure cant beat the weather.

Hope everyone doing well.

Back
Top Bottom