Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Are you near La Crosse? Hy Vee just opened up here recently. I haven't been yet.
I think I forgot to to say Welcome to the WI thread :welcome

Congratulations on new job
Congratulations on getting a buck
Congratulations on getting Ollie into high gear

I did a lot of drafting in Jr high an High School, but then never did go into it, I did enjoy it. Never did it with computer, well there wasn't any then like now. It really helped later in life reading schematics, blueprints, etc.

had 5 pound pale with 4 pound poison and I am running out. More rats than I thought. I use poison with Bromethalin. Guess I will have to buy 5 more pounds.

Going to look at a deere 290 planter tomorrow guys asking 600 and has new tires, disc cutters, row markers. Looks in good shape.

Farm Fleet has sale buy 3 chicken feed get 1 free which brings price down to about 13.50 a bag. Agrimaster which is Cargill. Not a bad price.

Seasonable weather now, but not bad. Lots of things to do been outside quite abit.

Oh got a big doe just to bad it was with the front of the car. Left the deer there, another new project. Have plenty corn ground about 200 pounds, 400 lb corn shelled. Just bought 3 chicken feed get 1 free, fresh bag soy bean meal. One thing I dont have to worry about.
Go back out soon clean up move some stuff around take fender off car and see what is bent up aside what is bent up on front.

bought a JOHN DEERE 290 Planter, now just have to get it home. Decent shape, new tires and decent price.

Oh got a big doe just to bad it was with the front of the car. Left the deer there, another new project. Have plenty corn ground about 200 pounds, 400 lb corn shelled. Just bought 3 chicken feed get 1 free, fresh bag soy bean meal. One thing I dont have to worry about.
Go back out soon clean up move some stuff around take fender off car and see what is bent up aside what is bent up on front.

bought a JOHN DEERE 290 Planter, now just have to get it home. Decent shape, new tires and decent price.
Glas your car isnt totalled. We hit a deer about 5 years ago with our vehicle, the car was totalled. We got about 2-3 inches of snow.

Lots of deer getting hit around here, too.
I looked up the corn planter. It looks like a solid
machine.. lots of fine tune settings on it..
they don't come cheap.
I hope it works good for you.
Annie hit a deer a couple of weeks ago. Just
pushed the grill in. a friend pulled it back out
and it looks good as new.
we have about 3 inches of snow. Not going
to plow right away. I like to drive on it to pack it
down. then I don't scrape the granite off of the
driveway later on.

Well came back from elmers auto salvage. guess tomorrow I will find out how much more work to put it together. Have enough pieces to get started anyway. fender, headlight and turn signal. I can use vise grips and bend the hood up, lol. Elmers has a hood also. Wife had a fender bender where the deer hit so the bumber was cracked anyway, but now plastic pieces which hold the bumber together are broken, grill plastic parts for mounting broke, just one step at a time.

1668731382970.png

Paid 600 for it, new tires never seen the field, mini test run everything seems to work. Fertilizer cans and fertilizer parts in good shape. Someone has taken care of it. 32 inch spread and mine is 38 inch and I can not get it adjusted more narrow. Afraid of breaking my planter, some of the cast iron if I start forcing to much.

The guy bought it 6 years ago put new tires on it then never used it. He is downsizing.

I put a alert on craigslist for planter postinging last spring in case something ever popped up.
Kinda like the alert function, except all the emails get to be a hassle. Second time it has worked for me.

I never got into body work. I was usually lucky
and totaled the car. lol
You got a good buy on that planter. I saw worse
for more money.. I bought a horse drawn 2 row
planter from a friend. we had to cut down small
poplar trees that had grown up through it. After
several cans of penetrating oil and bolt loosening,
it worked just fine. only had to be careful not
to back up in the least or the drop chutes would
plug with dirt. and to go super slow with the farmal A..

Back
Top Bottom