Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

We got about a 10 inches with last weeks storm, and are just recovering with the outside work. We are estimated to get another 5-10 inches here with the next one coming. The temps are what is going to be killer--especially with outside chores or if the power goes out. Thankfully we have wood heat but my in laws don't-they will probably have to come live with us for a few days. Stay safe everyone!

holy cow where you find that? I found video we are going to get 3 waves of polar vortex, high winds. Could get ugly power goes out. possibly lots of snow
Our local sheriff's department posted it on the Facebook group. Hope power doesnt go out for to long. We have a dmall generator, but more than likely we would have to leave the house.

We got about a 10 inches with last weeks storm, and are just recovering with the outside work. We are estimated to get another 5-10 inches here with the next one coming. The temps are what is going to be killer--especially with outside chores or if the power goes out. Thankfully we have wood heat but my in laws don't-they will probably have to come live with us for a few days. Stay safe everyone!
We only have a electric furnace so we would have to go somewhere else is it gets to cold. We were without power for 2 days last year and we got our eletric fireplace to let off a little heat and pluged a oil space heater in and we all slept in the living room to stay warm. It was negative at night and way to cold. I got straw in the chicken coop and have been going out daily to refill the water.

minus 9F this morning.
other bad news, our Dish TV is out. at first we thought
snow on the Sat Dish on the roof. but no, something to
do with the receiver inside the house. won't be scheduled
until Dec 28th . won't be able to watch the Packers on
Christmas day..
Yesterday I got a temporary crown on my tooth
that I chipped on Sunday.
three hours in the dentist's chair.
went for lunch afterwards. with my frozen lips,
I slobbered down a bowl of soup. lol

minus 9F this morning.
other bad news, our Dish TV is out. at first we thought
snow on the Sat Dish on the roof. but no, something to
do with the receiver inside the house. won't be scheduled
until Dec 28th . won't be able to watch the Packers on
Christmas day..
Yesterday I got a temporary crown on my tooth
that I chipped on Sunday.
three hours in the dentist's chair.
went for lunch afterwards. with my frozen lips,
I slobbered down a bowl of soup. lol
A relative use to work for Direct Tv, and charter but they screwed him over because he was buying all the supplies and he wasnt suppose to be. But he always got a ton of calls first snow of recievers out. Idk why they decide to go out as soon as it gets cold.

the chickens will stay on the roost and not move
much. they will be fine. don't pet them or pick
them up. you will press the air out of their feathers
and then they will have to warm up the air again.
idk about the bees.
I do know about me. I am not plowing the new 4"
we got last night. If it doesn't warm up before
Christmas, I have a guy with a truck I can call..

Plenty of snow here for sure. The only good thing is that the frost won't be very deep with all the snow cover.
Busted another bale of straw for the coops today. They sure enjoy playing and leveling it out.
Real Wisconsin winter this year for sure.

Stay Safe...... bigz

The bees are wrapped up for the winter, but I have never had bees deal with such cold temps before…. And I am hoping they make it through the winter this time but with these temps it does not look good.

This is the chickens first winter in their new coop. We locked them in a few days ago so they should be fine (I know).

I don’t like it that the bees and chickens are at my in-laws and I am not there to check on them.

Since it is so cold it is candy and cookie making day….. ☺️

Back
Top Bottom