Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Maybe you have the problem cured and maybe not.
Feathers won't grow back until the next molt ... if the problem gets worse then it's not solved .... If it doesn't get worse, then you might be ok.
In regards to feather loss. If a rooster creates a bare back, they won't regrow until the next molt ... same with other mite problems too.
I always, and this is my method for avoiding mites of all kinds 100% of the time..... A small amount of 5% sevin dust in their dusting places eliminates them all .... It must be 5% sevin and don't overdo it ...like salt on your food!
It used to be recommended for this use, however nowadays with all the tree huggers it's an off label use. Sad part is, it actually works, and the chicken suffer now because of the correct folks in control now. They think DE is a cure all ... wrong!

Stay Safe, ... bigz

Chicken personalities, well took the 2 chicks out after she got off nest, it was dark, snuck in and put the 2 chicks behind her and off they went under her. Perfect.... :wee
Next morning.......:barnie could see one chick by herself and the other wanting to go mamma, well mamma was not gonna have it rejected the chicks..
Brought 4 eggs in 1 hatched within 24 hours...:wee
Have to candle the other 3 yet, rolling by hand
3 chicks in basement, thats okay

Anyway Austrolorp last year not only took the chicks I gave her, but took the other hens chicks to.yah gave to 2 chickens chicks and she ended up with them all

neighbor wants me to hatch some for him, maybe Ill just give him these and load the incubator up.

The orphington has 3 chicks and man is she mean, attack hen

1000004231.jpg

Found this by the Fox den the other day, don't know what it is. But none of my chickens are missing. I did see him with it in his mouth on the trail camera after dark, and it was a mouthful.

I think that you hit the nail on the head.
Guinea fowl looks exactly like the feathers. I'll have to check with a neighbor up the road and see if they have any or lost any.
It's beyond amazing why they don't eat my chickens. I let them all out in the yard everyday and the den is easily within 50 yd. And they have been there for at least a year that I know of.
However, they are locked up tight as a drum for the night.

Back
Top Bottom