Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

good morning, I wonder if Deb is lurking, or what ? Unka Dan,, too.. and Ski .. and many others.

nice big racks DrH.. bro and the boys got 2 " 8 pointers".. bro came in 8th in the contest..

I thought I had more to offer.. but can't think of it right now..

.......jimwhoeillbebackinabit.........

...this massive 20 lb bird on top of a 10 lb hen. Pancake city...
lau.gif

Morning all!
Just stopped in to catch up. I see cooler weather on the horizon!!! YEAH!!!
Took Aiden to the Vet for a toe nail trim. He was a good boy. Wish he'd let me trim them but my "dog holder" is useless....

The Girls are all good. My Andie laid an egg that was all crinklie and strange the day before yesterday then she laid an egg the size of a robins egg. I kid you not. It is tiny! Today's egg was normal. I'll have to see how she pans out in spring. I bet I'll be culling her early...

Well, gotta get myself going...
Later!

boy that wind is raw today.. got all the feeding done in record time.. collected 6 eggs from the new chickens in the lean to.. good start for the day's count..

made a 2 egg omelet w/onion, green pepper mushrooms and a tiny bit of cheese.. No toast.. that part was weird.. IDK if I am loosing any weight, but I feel skinnier ..

I hope that guy shows up for the turkeys.. feeding in an extra pen is extra work.. I am feeding in 4 places.. gotta work it down to just one.. maybe two when it gets really cold.. at least the water in the lean to does not freeze..

......jimjust----gone..........

Last edited:
CC- my thoughts are with you with ramses...

Delisha..wish I had space and time...would love fresh butchered chickens but this week is bonkers.

Ok does anyone on here breed or know of anyone with Polish... my silkies wold love some friends and I hear they lay better than my silkies (Only one of my three girls is laying, but my white is show quality beautiful...) and would love to get a pair of polish. They are on my spring chick list ( with the marans and olive eggers and maybe a delaware) that I would love day olds or eggs to hatch...just making my list now and checking it twice.

Almost done with the christmas shopping - just some gift cards for my mom and her bf and i am done.
Trying to convince and bribe my daughter into trying a basketball camp that our school is offering and I signed her up for. It is only 4 times on saturday mornings. I think she would be good at it.

Oh and Jim... try freezing your grapes, my family loves that for a snack and my kids swear it tastes like ice cream or icees.
Edamame beans and veggie soup for lunch today. Not sure what is for dinner...
Need to get my dehydrator up and running to make some jerky.

Terri O called and is picking up the chicks on Saturday. I am so glad. I will have the same deal later in the spring. Cornish chicks for feed. These will not all be from my hens but I will also have some available from my hens. This next batch is from someone who owes me chicks. I would even be willing to sell just hatched for feed too.

If anyone is showing I will have Imported English chicks or eggs available later spring next year. I sell my eggs for $35.00 a dozen and my day old chicks for $25.00. Pullets for $100.00. I will sell a trio for $250.00.

Back
Top Bottom