Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Good Prestorm Morning All! BL4 sorry your up early and sounds like your having a very busy day. BF4me
hugs.gif
sounds like a long road ahead but know your strong and will be there every inch of the way. Jim thanks for the update on Dan. Sucks about the double vision thought you were going to say something about having enough long necks. Was thinking when I saw the pic of Old Tom that the hen was saying Hey big fella goin my way? Or Say that's a big waddle! H&R hope your eggs show up soon! Looks like fm has been dancing we're supposed to get 5" here. Congrats to your parents! delisha you have by now met one of the nicest people your ever gonna meet! TO's the bestest! ps she likes
hugs.gif
Tomski good to hear from you! Sounds like you had a very good deer season and the freezer is stocked. Hope you took care of the mink! If you come around here lookin the windows please don't throw up on the siding. I usually walk to the shower neckid. CC glad your getting snuggle time with Ramses and that other guy.
cool.png
cs think your going to be wore out and exasperated after house hunting but hope you find "the" one! Cindy Taz is starting to show interst in playing and that's a good thing because Toby is now running up to her and batting her in the face. Then rolls over on his back in submission. Had a liver sausage sandwich yesterday thought I was gonna have to go outside to eat it.
roll.png
They want so bad to cuddle up with her but no way that's happening soon. Better get my water bucket filled and think about going out.

Morning all!
Just catching up while enjoying the java! NO SNOW!!! (yet!) Argh!

Ok my Peeps! I have a Baker Seeds Heirloom 2013 seed catalog that came in the mail the other day. Does any one want it?? PM and it goes to the first responder. It is a slick catalog....They have blue tomatoes...might have to try those...

So, DH had a company video thing he is going for setting up a brooder or something like that...this is his second one. He also is talking about basic chicken care I think. He is taking Elvis and Midge. I probably should pick up Midgie and look her over before she goes on camera.

Tomski-Great to see you again!!!

CC-
hugs.gif

BigFam-Sorry to hear about your tough news.
hugs.gif

H&R-Congrats to your parents!! 55 years..Wow! They must have gotten married when they were 12....

bl4- the complications (for me) are that we have 3 kids (6th, 5th, and 3rd grade) and I am torn about taking them out of school, their activities, and moving away from all of their (and ours) friends to the country where we don't know anyone or have anyone to help if we need help! I am sure that all of you know how hard it is if you're at work and you get a call for the school and your kid is sick. Or if you want to go on vacation, who watches the animals??? These are all things that are keeping me in Illinois. Even though I know taxes are a lot cheaper in Wisconsin, you get more land & house for the money, and I know that the kids will make new friends! But those are the things that are causing (only me) anxiety in this process. The rest of the family seems okay with the whole process!

delisha- we are looking for a house that has 2+acres (preferably 5+), so that we can have a huge garden, chickens legally, a few hooved animals (DD11 wants a horse, I'd like goats-I think, kick the 2 cats and dog outside, and anything else we fancy, maybe a cow or pig? Who knows, but we want the option! Also, at the moment we have a 3bd/2.5 ba house on 1 acre, but my dad will be putting his house on the market in the Spring and eventually moving up here by/with us. All of this considered, we would prefer a place with 4 bedrooms, so that we could split the girls into their own bedroom and have an extra living space (in-law suite would be great) for my dad. We are open to a place that has 3 or 4 bedrooms and room to build a suite for my dad also!

Well, that wasn't as bad as I thought-finally crawled up under the deck and got those 12 eggs...scrambled'em up with some milk (then ate some)...mixed it with the extra cornbread and egg shells and vegetable stew I conjured up. Served warm, all pets fat and happy.

Sorry BF4, I can't relate but I feel for you. My kids do too much electonics and I think it affects their ability to focus. I finally made em take mon,wed,and fri off gadgetry, no video games, no facebook, no tv NOTHING on those days....

CC..glad ur enjoying Ramsees...life is short, but sounds like a good day for you all.

Happy house hunting, birthdays and anniversaries all.

Was that you Delish?- I like to make lists, also. I usually put "make list" as number one just so I can cross it off, then change key ring so doesn't block office key in the morning, maybe a couple other 'easies', then a project another 'easy', I'm easy to fool though I guess....makes me think I'm doin' a lot. Well back to my list: #4. more coffeed...(not really)

Enjoy your day all.

bl4- the complications (for me) are that we have 3 kids (6th, 5th, and 3rd grade) and I am torn about taking them out of school, their activities, and moving away from all of their (and ours) friends to the country where we don't know anyone or have anyone to help if we need help! I am sure that all of you know how hard it is if you're at work and you get a call for the school and your kid is sick. Or if you want to go on vacation, who watches the animals??? These are all things that are keeping me in Illinois. Even though I know taxes are a lot cheaper in Wisconsin, you get more land & house for the money, and I know that the kids will make new friends! But those are the things that are causing (only me) anxiety in this process. The rest of the family seems okay with the whole process!
I will look around here too. I am close to Burlington, and I know a few chicken people in Burlington.

Morning all!
Just catching up while enjoying the java! NO SNOW!!! (yet!) Argh!

Ok my Peeps! I have a Baker Seeds Heirloom 2013 seed catalog that came in the mail the other day. Does any one want it?? PM and it goes to the first responder. It is a slick catalog....They have blue tomatoes...might have to try those...

So, DH had a company video thing he is going for setting up a brooder or something like that...this is his second one. He also is talking about basic chicken care I think. He is taking Elvis and Midge. I probably should pick up Midgie and look her over before she goes on camera.

Tomski-Great to see you again!!!

CC-
hugs.gif

BigFam-Sorry to hear about your tough news.
hugs.gif

H&R-Congrats to your parents!! 55 years..Wow! They must have gotten married when they were 12....
lau.gif
no my parents are in their late 70's, early 80's... I am the youngest of 6 kids, my mom says us kids keep them young!

BigFam
hugs.gif

Terri O just left,
What a fun early afternoon! We went tramping all over the woods and to the neighbors too. I am so glad to have those little meaties gone gone gone!!! food aggressive lil buggers.
Good luck with them Terri O.... so glad you are keeping that little tan flower looking thing. He is going to be huge!!! There is a few nice hens in the group too. After seeing the hens over at the neighbors you might decide to raise your own meaties. They are nice layers too. I would pull out the hens that have the grey feathers in them and not the all white ones.

good early PM, I had quite a day today.. cleaned up around the yard in prep for the snow to come.. Moved the big trailer with the dog house on it.. I had to be able to get at the garage door which it was blocking.. Why ? because Ollie came home and I put him into the garage..
I have to replace all the sheet metal and then remove the radiator so I can mount the hydraulic pump.. then outside we will go and mount the loader..
then I will be ready for the snow to commence ..
I can't believe it is Ollie.. NO SMOKE when he starts up.. Now , how am I going to know when he is running ??
The gauges all work.. I forgot to check the speedometer, though..

then I put the charger on the car.. the computor drains the battery when I don't drive it for weeks on end..

then I took 21 bags of aluminum cans to the recycle people..

All of this with no nap.. I am beat..

......jimsneakingalittleshuteyeinrighthereandnow.......

Back
Top Bottom