Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Amy, I am so very sorry about Aries. He was a beautiful boy who had a wonderful life & lots of love.
hugs.gif

I am losing my mind. I shouldn't be trusted with any living thing. Today I accidentally killed a bunch of fish at work. Then last night I Iet my son's gecko out to climb around in our hibiscus and forgot to put him away! My son got home from school and was like "mom, where is he? Did you put him back last night?" oops. Luckily he was sitting in the window sill next to the plant. He was pretty cold because the window was cold. Not sure why he chose to be there. If that lizard would have died my son would have been so sad. He was crying while I was searching the plant trying to find the gecko.

Last edited:
here's a cold hello, I just got back from town.. did not find anyplace that handles Delta.. F&F does not anymore..

I ran into my nephew in Menard's.. told him about what I was up to.. he asked me if I wanted a couple of screw shooters that he no longer uses.. freeee ? sure.. He is a contractor here in Wausau.. he used to work for me.. tomorrow I will pick up a drill and a chatter drill..

My charger seems to be working..but I do not completely trust it..

I have a Bosch drill that needs a little repair.. I will work on that later today.. It was a good drill until it tumbled off the 8 ft step ladder . one too many times..

I had another comment about something somebody said,, this is not the first time I have forgotten this one, either..

going to search e bay for a Delta drill.. I found one this morning,, see if I can bring it up again..

.coldjimwillbeback........

EYA: see? I told you I would be back..

that bator in Milwaukee is not worth the money.. IMHO

and yes, a fan is a great advantage to a good hatch.. I would go with the $20 one if it is made for the Hova or LG.. it moves more air than the computer fans do.. and $20 is about half price of what the catalogs are asking ..

when you wire in a fan, wire it before the thermostat so that the fan never shuts off.. two reasons for this.. you want the air to constantly be stirred up... and 2) it is easier on the fan if it keeps running instead of starting and stopping constantly..

Last edited:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/5540889/width/200/height/400[/IMG
finally got it, no more bad mouthing the APA. although some kind of response would have been nice.
this is really minor compared to what some of you are going through. truly hope the best for all of you.
Joe

I tried to upload a picture of my SOP book that just arrived in the mail today, and it didnt work!

Last edited:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/5540889/width/200/height/400[/IMG finally got it, no more bad mouthing the APA. although some kind of response would have been nice. this is really minor compared to what some of you are going through. truly hope the best for all of you. Joe[/QUOTE]

Does not work for me..Joe

Amy,
Sorry to hear about your beautiful dog..

Those eggs I took away from the Orpington finally hatched..that was a long time difference..three days

Last edited:
Completely agree with the "Wish I could raise meat birds-but would then wonder who I was eating"! (Store bought chickens aren't "really" chickens right?) :p

Amy-So sorry to hear about your dog-hugs to you and your family!!

BBP: Ugh_One of those days huh? sorry

Nite all!

Meat birds could be named like my son(6) does. When we brought home our first 13 chickens, he named one Daniel(after himself) and the other 12 were all Dorothys. I asked why and was told mater of factly, that it was the only way to always have a Dorothy.

By that logic, We can get 25 broilers and name them all lets say BOB and as long as we do not eat the last one, we have not harmed Bob.

We have 2 Dorothys left, by the way.

JJ

Evening all,
Amy so very sorry to hear about your dog Aries....... He was beautiful, and GS are the best dogs for protection, and company, I miss my Brandy still I lost her to cancer in 2003, she was almost 16....... moms girl, no one got near me without my say so, or sign that they were welcome.including Adam, when we first met, no matter how much I asked her to stop she would keep up a low grumble whenever he sat near me, she did this for 3 weeks after he moved in even........ she was a character she was.
Glad you got 10 wonderful years of memories of your boy. again so sorry.......Kim

Back
Top Bottom