Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Oh..black mottled d'uccle...they are hard to come buy and gorgeous...I wish....remind me where you are again....

4hours is a long ride to buy a chicken.

kristip  how did the candling go? are my eggs fertile?

Hey JJ, one of the marans was a blank, but the two blue and two olives look good. The eggs delisha sent were mostly good too. I bought some polish from a gal down the road and five of the six look good and most of the ones carol popped in look good too. My gal pal (who I am still trying to convince to join us on here) is getting so excited to add a flock to her backyard!!!
Thanks again JJ and delisha for some donated eggs.
My kids check the calendar every morning to see if there are new babies yet.. With their excitement, these might be the tamest yet

good morning, woke up early,, tried to go back to sleep for about an hour,, finally gave up and got up at 6:3oAM..

got a cuppa and am raring to go..

I used my time awake in bed constructively and came up with an idea to keep the hinges on the pen from rusting..
after I give it a try and it works I will post it for you all.. complete with instructions and pictures..

Zeke, I D K = I Don't Know.. and IDK what HTH means..
cuppa = cup of coffee

I use about a half cup of vinegar in 5 gal of water to keep the slime from forming,, and the chickens seem to drink more..

that humorous joke hit me right in the funny bone.
liked the sign of spring bird joke , too..
......jimreallyenjoyinghisfirstcuppa.............

Last edited:
^^^ What kind of chick is this?? I ordered a "mixed bag" from the hatchery and have like 15 of them! I have and "idea' of what I think.....

I'd say it's a "hip chic" looks like it's wearing headphones
cool.png

Hi All!

dbca... so sorry about your flock! Hopefully if it ever happens again you can catch it early and head it off!

Bf4m... congrats on the hatch!

BBP.... Wow! I think you ordered 1/2 the hatchery! LOL Sure hope you have lots of room!

Hurley.... Yes, that's humerus humor. I have an online friend that was hatching quail and chicks for her snakes. She tried staggering the hatches for when the snakes should be hungry. I think she gave up on it though.

cuties... cute cuties!

JJ....You can come pickup the noodles Wed or Thur if that's OK with you. Your getting TO's too?

OK... tired...Time for bed. Night All
TerriO am I picking up yours too?

I worked most off the day yesterday outside. What a nice day. That sunshine was wonderful. I emptied out the layers DL to about 4 inches and found a few nice mice nests and the chickens had a feast. It was quite comical.

TO I will take a gallon of that Oxine if you are getting it.

The chick is a Gold Laced Blue Wyndottte. I have three splash left from this group available. My next group should be here the end of April.

I hope the weather holds. I need to get these other chicks out soon. They are going on 4 weeks and pretty much feathered out. The new ones should be starting to hatch this week.

Angie, BOTH you and BBP are coming! It is an event not to be missed (besides you will get the chance to see BF4 do her pole routine...)

Busy weekend, did Easter at the in-laws yesterday. I think my BIL thought it was is mission to get me bombed..... I do not think he succeeded; tipsy maybe but not completely wasted....

I am hosting Easter next Saturday. Ham with all the trimmings (yummy!) I will probably cook the ham on the grill, it is SOOOOOO good like that!

Better go get a refill on the coffee ( and I need to get the cat off my wrist, he is making typing quite difficult)...

good morning folks,

pips and peeping in the hatcher as I type, day 21 right on time for the 1st batch of 20 olive eggers let the fun begin!

I have an inquiry about chicks/pullets/hens, the gal wants them sexed only,,,,since I only sell straight run chicks I am considering selling her a few of my pullet Ameraucanas. These came from BYC and are from peachicks line of Wheaten/Blue Wheaten,,,they lay very blue eggs on a regular basis. I think I will shoot her a price on all 4, see if she bites. This line has a few problems conforming to SOP, since she doesn't breed this could be a good way out for me.

Also have a friend that wants me to hatch him 4 dozen barred rocks, hope the fertility is good on this test batch, if so I'll do it for him.

bbl, customer at the door

^^^ What kind of chick is this?? I ordered a "mixed bag" from the hatchery and have like 15 of them!   I have and "idea' of what I think.....
I worked most off the day yesterday outside. What a nice day. That sunshine was wonderful. I emptied out the layers DL to about 4 inches and found a few nice mice nests and the chickens had a feast. It was quite comical.

TO I will take a gallon of that Oxine if you are getting it.

The chick is a Gold Laced Blue Wyndottte. I have three splash left from this group available. My next group should be here the end of April.

I hope the weather holds. I need to get these other chicks out soon. They are going on 4 weeks and pretty much feathered out. The new ones should be starting to hatch this week.

Idk anymore. I thought a blue laced red wyandotte...

Back
Top Bottom