Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Unk... about the size of my hands...
Size doesn't matter, it's what you do with them that counts...
big_smile.png

(And by that I mean gardening...)
Reminds me what I heard Years ago --"It's not the size of the ship that counts .... It's the motion of the ocean " !!! LOL

Now get your minds out of the gutter.... I'm talking about Bigfam4's hands not anything else !!!

Oh, Bigz, does thinking about you count????? I have no idea where you live down there !!! It was TO that went to your house and was gone for hours on end while your spouses were hanging out at the bash with the rest of us !!! That was not last year but the year before !!!
So do you know who I'm talking about.... he has sheep, goats,mini cattle, geese, chikens and mini donkeys ??

OMG I can't believe how tired I am .... my eyes are trying to slam shut right now. I might have to give in and go to bed.

The spay/neuter clinic was a success today. I got there little bit later then I had wanted but stayed until I got all of the instruments from todays surgeries washed and wrapped ready for the sterilizer. While I was filling out the rabies tags I noticed that my neighors had dropped a dog off earlier before I had arrived.
Wonder how long it will be before that dog comes here to visit???

Say does anyone know how to get the pickle smell out of plastic pickle buckets? I picked up some pails yesterday but upon picking them up found out they were from pickles.... don't want to use them to collect sap if the smell of the pickles can't be reomoved !!! ArrggghhhhHH I need more pails !!!

Ok, now my eyes are really telling me to sign off !!! I didn't get to read all of the posts I needed to catch up. I will try to do that again in the morning !!!

Hi All!

Amber.... Such a cute close up of the chick! The others are cute too!

Judge... hope you can fix that duckling.

Grrrr.... started this then got distracted.... Now I'm so tired .... feeling a little "off again too" .

Lost a young hen (year old) today. Another one of those dead under the roost things.... no idea what happen. Since I'm letting the turkeys out to range they have been laying in the corner of the chicken coop. The chickens are laying in the "other" room by the straw. Silly birds.
Night All!

FT.... If you can open them up and let them air in the sun. If the get dirty you can always rinse them in light beach water. You and also try about 1/2 cup of baking soda dissolved in hot water, poor into bucket and fill with warm water and let set overnight.

Last edited:
JJ...it was either the olive egg or brown egg...I had it marked as an olive egger. It is stinking cute. So cukoo maran vs amaracauna? Lets hope it is a girl...there are a lot of combs in bucket of chicks!!! I need to take pictures. The black copper maran has a huge red comb at three weeks...

definately not the blue roo is the daddy. Hooray

The wheaten roo is where the yellow parts come from.

It is cute and looking like it is going to be beautifully earthy colors.

Is that your black and blue eye? Do you think there is hope for olive eggs still? yes gorgeous earthy colors...lets hope it is a hen!!!!
Tanks

Reminds me what I heard Years ago --"It's not the size of the ship that counts .... It's the motion of the ocean " !!! LOL

Now get your minds out of the gutter.... I'm talking about Bigfam4's hands not anything else !!!
I was told " It's like being a magician... it's Not the size of your wand . It's how many tricks you know!

When speaking of hands of course.

Good morning everyone!
I put the duckling in the sink last night to swim and it was obvious that something was wrong, but I have no idea what the problem is. The one leg kicked like normal, but the other leg did not move at all, and her hip(?) stayed out of the water. It was like she was swimming lopsided. She seemed to enjoy it though. I put the other ducklings her age in with her later, and she held her own. When I looked in on them this morning she was lying down, but she was able to get to the food and water. I just feel so bad, but don't know how to help. I hate to say it, but it might be time for her to pass on. She doesn't seem to be in any pain, but I don't think she could thrive out of the brooder what with the chickens, dog , predators. I don't think she would stand a chance. Not sure if I will actually do it, but could someone send me PM on how to humanely cull her if I decide to go that route? I know what DH would say, but I don't think I want him to do it that way.....

Anyhow- the sun is shining, and I am anxious to let the 10week olds out of their private coop. Is it too early? I don't want any carnage.
I candled the eggs that are in the incubator and only one was clear out of the 7. A bantam faverolle. Hopefully the eggs outside with the broodies are doing great too.
Had one of the contractors and his subcontractors out here yesterday to get their measurements etc. so we can start getting bids on the kitchen addition and garage. Don't know what's more exciting- a bigger kitchen, or not having to walk up the hill with the kids,groceries and what not in the rain and snow. Can't wait to see what the damages with be. Not!
Hope you all have a good day, and don't get too wet with the coming rain/.

SKUNK PROOF CHICKEN COOP!!!! OH HUBBY??? REMEMBER THAT REMODEL I DREW UP FOR THE COOP??? I HAVE A NEW IDEA!!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom