Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hey All...
I am back, living on a borrowed laptop (TY DH!!) Mine was stolen last week out of my car.... yeah..
Anyway,
I went to the Portage show and sale and came home with two guinea hens (girls)...
I took them out of their box and I think one dislocated her hock, there was a slot in the bottom of the box and it was in a dog carrier in the back of my friends truck so I think her leg slipped out and she broke her big toe and hopefully just dislocated the joint.

Is there any hope?? she does okay with it.. but I wonder if I can set it? try to put it back in.. or just put her down?
She is young and a lavender..

TY!!

Carol

Hey All...
I am back, living on a borrowed laptop (TY DH!!) Mine was stolen last week out of my car.... yeah..
Anyway,
I went to the Portage show and sale and came home with two guinea hens (girls)...
I took them out of their box and I think one dislocated her hock, there was a slot in the bottom of the box and it was in a dog carrier in the back of my friends truck so I think her leg slipped out and she broke her big toe and hopefully just dislocated the joint.

Is there any hope?? she does okay with it.. but I wonder if I can set it? try to put it back in.. or just put her down?

TY!!

Carol
I am sorry I missed seeing you at the show...tons of people..

So frustrated with society right now as a whole! Government shutdown is ridiculous..then found out yesterday that my best friend in Cali's 20 yr old son was jumped and stabbed! Hes on a football scholarship to Univ in North Cali, and at a party Sat night. Too many people showing up so they asked everyone but the football team to leave. It appeared everyone was fine with it. Couple hours later, party broke up and her son was the first out the door-8 guys laying in wait and jumped him. Stabbed him 4 times...2 of his friends jumped in or he probably wouldnt even be alive right now. all 3 ended up in the hospital, one released , her son and his friend both required surgery. He was awake and talking yesterday and is expected to make a full recovery but they still havent caught the guys. What is wrong with society and kids these days? What a completely stupid act-and something you cant even protect your kids from. Sad and scary.

Hey All...
Anyway,

TY!!

Carol
I sure hope your able to fix your little lavender. Are you the "Carol" Kristip often refers to? If so, a few of us are meeting up at Cluck in Paoli next Saturday around 10 or 10:30 - it would be great if you . . . and anyone else that will be in the area could join us.

So frustrated with society right now as a whole! Government shutdown is ridiculous..then found out yesterday that my best friend in Cali's 20 yr old son was jumped and stabbed! Hes on a football scholarship to Univ in North Cali, and at a party Sat night. Too many people showing up so they asked everyone but the football team to leave. It appeared everyone was fine with it. Couple hours later, party broke up and her son was the first out the door-8 guys laying in wait and jumped him. Stabbed him 4 times...2 of his friends jumped in or he probably wouldnt even be alive right now. all 3 ended up in the hospital, one released , her son and his friend both required surgery. He was awake and talking yesterday and is expected to make a full recovery but they still havent caught the guys. What is wrong with society and kids these days? What a completely stupid act-and something you cant even protect your kids from. Sad and scary.
I agree with you Angiebubs - something is terribly wrong with our society now days. It is as if violence and hatred is acceptable behavior. I'm not sure if it comes from the "win at all cost" mentality, but it is just plain sad.

Aha, I love this picture of my flock. It looks like their about to go into a fight or something
funny pic - I have a pic with one that looks like a dance hall girl she is at the far right (easier to see her if you click on it).

Aha, I love this picture of my flock. It looks like their about to go into a fight or something
WHat a fantastic pic Twizz! They look like they are running for treats! I could take this pic too...did you lay on the ground!

I sure hope your able to fix your little lavender. Are you the "Carol" Kristip often refers to? If so, a few of us are meeting up at Cluck in Paoli next Saturday around 10 or 10:30 - it would be great if you . . . and anyone else that will be in the area could join us.
YES--I AGREE--JOIN US!!!!!
I agree with you Angiebubs - something is terribly wrong with our society now days. It is as if violence and hatred is acceptable behavior. I'm not sure if it comes from the "win at all cost" mentality, but it is just plain sad.

funny pic - I have a pic with one that looks like a dance hall girl she is at the far right (easier to see her if you click on it).
Great shot! I am thinking abou tgrowing veggies on my coop walls next summer...I wonder if the hens will just eat off the seedlings as they sprout? Did you keep yours locked up?

OK time to heat up the beef for the "boys" so they can eat after golf.........................
Have a good dinner and evening all!
TerriOexcitedthatsheisonvacationSTARTINGNOW

Aha I love when chickens do poses like that! It's amazing the pics you can get.

They were following me after I let them out of the run to get their feed, I was squatting to get pictures of my cochin. It sure would hurt to lay in that gravel xD

Evening everyone :frow

So sorry about your friend Angie.

I love your picture cuties!!! And the "dancing" hen too :D

Had to go see my Onc in Green Bay today. I hated having to waste such a beautiful day when I could be getting so much done outside but at least I got to see all the colors and on the way home we stopped at TS and I stocked up all chicken stuff I can't get up here. Then we hit Nueskes and stocked up on the yummy bacon they had on sale.

TERRI - I swear those two birds have doubled in size since the first worming! I dosed them again Sunday and now hopefully they should be good to go. Just talked to Al on the phone about doing the second dose on hers tomorrow and she said, and I quote, "You're going to think I'm crazy but I swear my two blacks have doubled in size!" :lau in all fairness I did make sure hers and mine were on the absolute best diets with the best feed, protein and probiotics and boy are they starting to shine!!!

Those two are the weirdest birds tho. They are absolute cowards about trying anything new completely refuse to eat scrambled eggs!!! Picked up Pepper yesterday and she screamed bloody murder till she figured out she wasn't being hurt. The big one didn't run away but instead hopped up on top of their tower where "he"? Could see better and eyed me up. More "ROO" behavior??? :confused:

FRENCHIE - townline feeds has two bags of feather fixer left and Carrie has put my name on them for me, beat cha to em this time :plbb
:D
Got to go put my girls away and collapse now. Bbl.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom