Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Thanks, ill pass. I want to hold out, and work mostly on pure breeds. I'm looking for the marans to pare with our pure hen, and two olive eggers from to. That way I only need one roo! Lol
Do you have pure black orps? Or all bbs? Scott is getting me lavender for my very early bday present ♡ I will need good pure black to breed back to. I happened across an awesome english pure black rooster. But would be in the market for a black line hen. Also, can I use the black roo with the bbs?
Thanks!
Yes I have just a black line.
I can bring you black females chicks from the black line....I have those

Yes you can use your black line roo with your blue and splash hens..

done !! we went and stuffed 7 bales of straw into Annie's car..6 in the trunk one on the back seat.

got them stacked on top of the puppies' bale house.. It is cozy warm in there.. they know enough to in and out, but I will check on them a couple of times after dark.. they were not in the warm house all afternoon.. they seem oblivious to the cold.. they are enjoying the extra space and there are a lot of wrestling matches going on..

Dora seems happier with them out there , too.. she pushed the gate down and was lying in with them ..

and Puppy (BJ) is happy to have so many playmates his mental age to play with..

I will leave the gate up until they know where home is.. prolly a couple of days should do it..

Dr appt went well,, I got the OK to drive.. I can even plow snow as long as I don't wave at the neighbors with my left arm ..

.......jiminwisc.......
Cute pictures..
Take it easy..

Quote:
gig.gif

I warned you all, I am restricted,, lots of time on my hands,,
I just made a batch of cowboy beans with ground venison..

then I went out and took pictures of the pups in their new home..
I guess they decided inside the house was too warm for them..
way on the left you can see one of them in the doorway ..

as usual, click on the picture to enlarge it..

.........jiminwisc.........

Hens and roos! While I was at 4-h last night, scott got me a whine cooler hatcher built! So cool
big_smile.png
thank you for the idea. I can't wait for the next hatch.

Question; what did you set up to control humidity in yours? Just a simple dish of water?

Good morning

That's cool
big_smile.png
, we use a small plastic square container- found that one with more surface area works well and also a sponge or two to help push the humidity up. Good Luck and have fun hatching! We have 13 chicks out as of this morning and they are vocal!!

So today is ending up to be another paper work day
sickbyc.gif
, plus answer emails from tenants and clients...lots of fun all around.

We must be headed toward spring
wee.gif
, our peafowl are starting to call again-both Gadget and Mouse were talking today

thought I'd share a picture: this is Jack Black(at least that's his name for now), we picked him up the other night, he is a 9.5 week old French Angora and a half-brother to Jack Frost. He currently hangs out in his cage next to "JJ" our house rabbit until 30 days are up so he can go out by the others (that we got from TO at the 1st get together, five years ago.....). DS(12) is trying to claim him...we'll see how long this lasts....

DD is already working on combing out his fur and mixing that fiber with what we already have from the other 2 :)

Last edited:
What another nice day, besides the ice rain we got this morning and made our entire driveway a skating rink! Yet the chickens and ducks seem to enjoy it, they were almost running me over this morning when I opened up the coop to let them out! Lol. Unfortunately my SO went ahead on Wednesday to somehow chop the ice in the kiddie pool and WOOSH, went thru the sides with the hammer. Luckily we got another, bigger sized kiddie pool that we set up instead for the duckies to splash in (at least on Wednesday, since it froze again since then) which I will have to de-ice this weekend so that they can enjoy the SPRING weather!!!
celebrate.gif

Until then there is lots of time to spend on feeding and spoiling all our critters, taking care of an extremely swollen cheeked SO that just got 3 teeth pulled this morning, bringing in more firewood, then sitting down just to get up... walk to the incubator... take a look... walk back... sit down for a few... walk back to the incubator... take another look... and try to find something else distracting to do since this is only day 3 of our Ancona duck eggs, so a far cry (maybe not so far for others, but for us with VERY little patience it seems like YEARS) from even knowing if the eggs are fertile... then waiting for the development... and the lockdown... to finally listen anxiously for the peeps from the eggs... just to have another nerve wracking time to keep the hands OFF those hopefully hatching duck babies to figure out their coloring and patterns and... and... and... having cuties!!!!
wee.gif

Although I really wish I did have some money to get some chicken eggs too since our 4 seem to get lonely hanging out with the ducks...lol.
So back to the cooking cheesy ham and potato soup and trying to endure everything with that horrible P word...
barnie.gif

Fish Fry Friday again already....the days seem to fly by. Nice looking wabbit H&R! What do you do with wabbit hair? Congrats on your hatch!

Glad you are having fun watching the eggs bake Sam. All the variables are what makes it so much fun....enjoy the hatch!

Gonna keep it simple tonight with baked swai and Cajun fries. I used the last of the cabbage we had last week and forgot to pick up another head for slaw. That will make me extra hungry for it next Friday.

One of the guys at church has been tapping all his trees. He is using a small cat to make trails along the woods edge...he claims that there is no frost in the ground...
idunno.gif
that will be good for the melt if it all goes in the ground.

Enjoy the warmer weather...we earned it for sure...bigz

Thanks bigzio! Sure am between annoyed, excited and totally impatient watching them and not being able to fast forward to them hatching out yet!

And OMG!!!
ep.gif
I just had my first taste of my homemade cheesy ham and tater soup... and I am addicted!!! Unfortunately there is only so much an empty stomach can take...
hu.gif
So I guess I actually will leave some for SO to get some to try eating later too.

So funny though! Every time I open the door to go outside, the duckies come running down their coop trail towards the gate and quacking away, probably trying to entice me to give them some treats since they can't swim right now! lol. Just so funny watching them run and waddle towards me... I love them funny silly birds to the moon and back! Therefore I REALLY can't wait for the Anconas to finally get out of their shell. Just hoping and praying I don't only get black ones. Really would like to get some chocolates also...
fl.gif

Fish Fry Friday again already....the days seem to fly by. Nice looking wabbit H&R! What do you do with wabbit hair? Congrats on your hatch!

Glad you are having fun watching the eggs bake Sam. All the variables are what makes it so much fun....enjoy the hatch!

Gonna keep it simple tonight with baked swai and Cajun fries. I used the last of the cabbage we had last week and forgot to pick up another head for slaw. That will make me extra hungry for it next Friday.

One of the guys at church has been tapping all his trees. He is using a small cat to make trails along the woods edge...he claims that there is no frost in the ground...
idunno.gif
that will be good for the melt if it all goes in the ground.

Enjoy the warmer weather...we earned it for sure...bigz

We are learning to spin the fiber into yarn and then from there it can be used for other projects :)

Had a great visit with bl4 today. She got a tour of Carthage, we chatted up about work, life, etc. And she brought ME brownies which once I've eaten dinner I plan to dig into. Thanks for stopping by and bringing me goodies. I'm waiting for the dog pics.

It is squishy outside today. The snow has melted to the ground in places and the surface is muddy but still frozen underneath. I've got the coop opened up but the heat lamp still in there. I've got to get it out and the regular light in tomorrow when I get some time.

I hope everyone got some sunshine today!

Back
Top Bottom