Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Happy Easter everyone!
Im finally warm in this wonderful weather, was blessed at church this morning and stuffed with delicious food this afternoon with family. Life doesn't get much better !
I hope you all have a great day too!
Amy

Happy Easter All....busy here and we served 200 at church.

No sun here today...we didn't get close to the temps they were calling for today.

Hope you can make it Angie....and others with a tight schedule....it's only once a year!

Up at 4am today...time for a nap after supper...tonight it's stuffed pork loins with ho-made sage stuffing..sage from the garden...with a baker and canned beets from the garden....ho made bread and a tall glass of red wine.

Enjoy the day...bigz

Happy Easter All....busy here and we served 200 at church.

No sun here today...we didn't get close to the temps they were calling for today.

Hope you can make it Angie....and others with a tight schedule....it's only once a year!

Up at 4am today...time for a nap after supper...tonight it's stuffed pork loins with ho-made sage stuffing..sage from the garden...with a baker and canned beets from the garden....ho made bread and a tall glass of red wine.

Enjoy the day...bigz
Now thats the good life!!!!! HOPPY EASTER TO ONE N ALL nice quiet day at rickkaty acres,,,, thats all i got,,
wink.png

What a gorgeous and busy day! And it actually was almost 10 degrees warmer than predicted (75F). Now I really gotta dig to find my short spring/summer stuff...

Been outside most of the day finishing one new pen and moving our juvie Lady Amherst into it. Got the roof on the other two new ones also, now just need more chicken wire to finish the outside walls and we can reclaim our gazebo again! Would be so nice to be able to hide in summer from all the dang mosquitoes.

Made burgers but had to divert since our open fire pit is completely under water and we didn't have any charcoal for the little grill we got. Oh well, made them inside and they still turned out great and VERY filling, especially with some hash browns. Hmmm...

When I went out to feed the ducks and chickens a bit ago the "new" dog actually went into the kitchen into the counters!!! Just glad I moved the remaining burgers to the fridge were he couldn't get to it. Now just to clean up another mess... And then maybe relax a bit. Back is hurting from all the lifting and stretching...

We had a busy day here. Nathan finished Theo's dog house, I shoveled 9 inches of poop out of the coop and spread it on the garden along with leaves that I raked from the side yard, the kids had a scavenger hunt and after dinner Nathan and I had our scavenger hunt. DD11, Robin, created the clues.

Yes, he is in the doghouse. He said it was comfy and if he just had his computer he said he'd be fine.

Two of our 10 eggs pipped externally before dinner. I'll have to post a picture later, it is on my cell phone and won't load. But when we were done with the scavenger hunt this evening, I checked to see if any chicks hatched and one had. It is yellow and came out of an egg marked " Blue/? "

Delisha- do blue orps hatch yellow? Or is it a splash?

Well I'm up to 27 hatched so far and another 4 yet in incubator that look like they are just a bit slow. Now to get a ad written up for Craigslist to sell them. I'll have to get photos of the previous chicks, the Sussex are already looking so nice with their tipped feathers. They are one of my favorite breeds.
Out of this batch their are 1 BLRW, 1 SS, 2 EE and the rest are BO, Barred Rock, Production Reds and Blacks. The tan headed one with lavender colored body is a Blue Maran x BO.

good eve.,

I didn't feel like cooking supper, so I just fixed myself a bowl of chocolate marshmallow ice cream with a good squirt of butterscotch It's OK, it's OK,,, I have a pill to cover it ..

I finally got the hum% down to 46% .. had to open two vents to get it there..

did I mention that I added 5 guinea eggs ? well, I did ..

Nice dog house Kendra, large enough for more than 2 large dogs, I see..

I could not find Dora all day,, turns out she was in the dog house only lying to the side, so she was not visible ..

........jiminwisc........

That is an EE..

Can anyone see my posts?
I can!!

We had a busy day here. Nathan finished Theo's dog house, I shoveled 9 inches of poop out of the coop and spread it on the garden along with leaves that I raked from the side yard, the kids had a scavenger hunt and after dinner Nathan and I had our scavenger hunt. DD11, Robin, created the clues.

Yes, he is in the doghouse. He said it was comfy and if he just had his computer he said he'd be fine.

Two of our 10 eggs pipped externally before dinner. I'll have to post a picture later, it is on my cell phone and won't load. But when we were done with the scavenger hunt this evening, I checked to see if any chicks hatched and one had. It is yellow and came out of an egg marked " Blue/? "

Delisha- do blue orps hatch yellow? Or is it a splash?
It will be a splash more than likely..

good eve.,

I didn't feel like cooking supper, so I just fixed myself a bowl of chocolate marshmallow ice cream with a good squirt of butterscotch It's OK, it's OK,,, I have a pill to cover it ..

I finally got the hum% down to 46% .. had to open two vents to get it there..

did I mention that I added 5 guinea eggs ? well, I did ..

Nice dog house Kendra, large enough for more than 2 large dogs, I see..

I could not find Dora all day,, turns out she was in the dog house only lying to the side, so she was not visible ..

........jiminwisc........
glad you found her..
Liked your coop pictures..nice nest boxes and brooder.

Great pictures of the chicks..

Nice to see you Frenchie!

Today was great. We had a wonderful time with my in-laws, and my hubby's Bro and Sister and the cousins. We spent the afternoon playing softball in the field by the garden..... all that fresh air and activity knocked us all out when we came back inside. It was completely worth it though, to see the cousins and the adults all laughing and having a good time and nobody bickering or attached to an electronic device...... just wonderful.

My brownies turned out great, the pie however was disappointing. It tasted just fine, the presentation was a little disgusting. I almost never have things fail on me any more and I have made this pie several times in the past without issue but THIS time the d@mn custard pudding separated AND the meringue detached from the crust (I have NEVER had that happen). I have no idea why the custard would split, I cooked it long enough but not too long and the meringue I can only guess that it did not like the GF crust. I will figure out what happened, but of course this happens because I had to have it for a special occasion and expect perfection...... they loved the soup/pie anyway, even though they had to eat it in bowls.

Good luck with the hatches, how exciting! Nice doghouse CS!

Super tired, I was not able to get my nap in like everyone else this afternoon.......

I hope everyone had a great Easter.
bun.gif

I have my 30 yr old brother living with me and all he does is sleep, eat, complain and make a mess. Just need to figure out a way to get him moving and doing. He did ask my husband to drive him 2 hours ( one way ) to a card shop and was upset when we said no. Any suggestions to get him moving?

Sorry. I have 2 brothers living with my mom, and they are the laziest... I have no idea what we're going to do with them if something ever happens to her because my husband doesn't want either one living with us and my sisters don't want them either.

Back
Top Bottom