Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hi All!

Cute chick pics!

Got some eggs packed up for sale tomorrow. Should pay for a bag of feed and a bag of scratch.

Night All!

Jim- If the cylinder was working fine before the hose blew I would think the cylinder and seals should be just fine. You may have more air in the line is my guess.

Cuties- You might not be able to get quite that much out of it, but you could come fairly close. I would look at getting a quote from a different place though. That seems kind of high to me. You could also look at buying the motor from LKQ or something like that. Here is a link to their locations all over the place. http://lkqcorp.com/us/en/locations/location-results.aspx?q=all
I've gotten parts from them before and they seem to have the best prices around here.

When and where is this bash? Is it an all weekend thing?

Sclark, that poor chick! I can't believe it hatched. I had a Swedish Flower hen like that once. I also had to cull it. It was such a chirpy, happy sounding little thing too :( I'm not sure if it was genetics, shipping or something gone wrong during incubation. But it was very sad.

bl4-just where would he keep the tractor????? Hope you feel better so you can run.

We've got thunder & lightning, but no rain so far. I hope we get a good soaking. I've got a bunch of seeds & starts that need it. DH too, he split his hops up so instead of 2 plants we have 11.

Today was cleaning waterers day. It amazes me how nasty they get. I also spent time training Theo today with a very positive result. I only had to correct him a few times. Vicki, how is cookie?

Momma hen is bringing the chicks down daily now. The jubilee is getting darker daily. The chickens are escaping under the fence as the grass is greener on the other side....actually there is grass on the other side. For some reason the grass isn't coming back in the run. Maybe the rain will help?

My knees & hips have been aching for the past 3 days, so much that I left work early today and came home to sleep it off.

I hope you all get the well needed rain and that you enjoy the warm up.
Cookie is trying hard to kill my chickens..I am not sure what to do. Most of the experts tell me to lock her up. It is depressing. Joe said to sell the dog and get rid of the chickens.
sad.png

Jim- If the cylinder was working fine before the hose blew I would think the cylinder and seals should be just fine. You may have more air in the line is my guess.

Cuties- You might not be able to get quite that much out of it, but you could come fairly close. I would look at getting a quote from a different place though. That seems kind of high to me. You could also look at buying the motor from LKQ or something like that. Here is a link to their locations all over the place. http://lkqcorp.com/us/en/locations/location-results.aspx?q=all
I've gotten parts from them before and they seem to have the best prices around here.

When and where is this bash? Is it an all weekend thing?
Hello Jay,

I am sure am enjoying having so much knowledge and helpfulness from you. It sure is great that you are offering it to others on here. The bash has its own link to give you more information.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/851229/fifth-annual-wicheeseheads-bash
It is coming up quick. It starts on Friday and ends Sunday...many come for a day..most for Saturday and Sunday..and the drinkers start on Friday..
wee.gif

Last edited:
Hello Jay,

I am sure am enjoying having so much knowledge and helpfulness from you. It sure is great that you are offering it to others on here. The bash has its own link to give you more information. It is coming up quick. It starts on Friday and ends Sunday...many come for a day..most for Saturday and Sunday..and the drinkers start on Friday..
wee.gif
That is what this is all about right? Helping others? I know far to many people who are only out to help themselves and I try to stay away from that kind of crowd.
Where can I find this link?

Jim, yup I was aware of that. Not my first rodeo so to speak.
wink.png
Temps are balanced out between 99 and 100 so I am happy.

CS, perhaps a little water therapy is in order with your pup (you too Deli), carry a squirt bottle with you that has the capability of giving a good squirt (I know that for bike riders they suggest putting a water ammonia mix in a squirt gun, but I would only consider that if plain water does not get the message though). When taking the pooch out and they start to misbehave, give them a quick squirt and a loud NO. Anything to get their attention.

I am certain Cuties has some training advice to throw in here as well.

SClark, that chick was so weird looking! Glad you culled it.

Nothing much happening here today. Trying to hack up a lung.
big_smile.png

Del, sounds like Cookie is bonded to you and Jo as pack leader. I come to this conclusion because she was guarding the rabbit from the chickies and Casha. If you are ok with that, and would like to take a route a bit more similar to the way Echo gaurds, I would be more than happy to offer all kinds of advise ;) she could still completely be outdoors, and after training be trusted with your chickies again.
But as far as training strictly lgd, I do not habe much to offer. As I am a novice in that field.
Clark, sad about that chick. You did the rght thing.
Cs, you need to put a line on the pup. That way you can teach him out. And pull him off the tarp every time he goes on.
Bbl4, I love the water bottle dea! Works wonders. Onlyissue I see cs having is that looked like a big area. And she wouldn't beable to correct at the right moment.it would turn into chasing him all over to get a squirt in ;)
Melaniehappytodiscussherfavoritesubject :D

Back
Top Bottom