Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Deli- have your blk orps hatched? I'd still like to get 5 to that guy in IL for you. Glad that you've found an alternative for Cookie. She will come around I'm sure of it.

Does anyone in SE WI have maybe six hatching eggs available for purchase? Would be driving from Oak Creek.

Thanks!!
I always have hatching eggs!

Quote: I see you found some..

Jim, I have her with me every time I am out there..She is just locked up when unsupervised. She is pretty good with supervision and rarely needs correction..

Kendra..they are getting there..

A few more days..I also have more due on the 25th if I do not get enough black.

If they are in a hurry I have a juvie black trio for sale..They are nice and healthy and growing well..$200.00.

Afternoon everyone
frow.gif
nice and sunny here today, all 3 kids play soccer today- both boys played this morning and their teams won.

Thanks everyone for the get well wishes for my dad. They brought him out of sedation and took the breathing tube out later yesterday afternoon and he was doing very well breathing on his own so they provided him with some cool oxygen to help with his throat being sore from the tube. He was still groggy when I left to head home but later verbally told my sister and mom that he was ok! He was able to shake the dr's hand when the dr came into see him last night. So we are heading in the right direction and waiting to hear how today went for him.
fl.gif
We know that he has a ways to go yet.

Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers or those who fill that role. Hope you have a great day tomorrow!

We purchased a dozen chicks last Saturday, they are about 1.5-2 weeks old now. 6 of them are cornish crosses and the other 6 are different laying breeds. They all seem to be growing nicely except for one of the cornish. It doesn't seem to have really grown at all since we got it. It eats and drinks just like the rest but it just seems not to be thriving as the others are. Is there anything I should try to help this little guy out?

~Jeremy

Great day here. All 3 kids played soccer, 2 of 3 won (2 played each other). DD13 team is undefeated again so far this season. DD11 played the best I've seen.

Got more planting done today.....basil, cherry & grape tomatoes, watermelon, cukes, cauliflower, and summer squash from seed. Also, purchased a pear & crabapple tree and weeded the beds.

Momma brought the chicks out into the yard for their 1st long outing. Theo was roaming his territory, I was weeding and they got their 1st tour of the yard. BTW - I have a blk, blue, jubilee, and splash orp out of this hatch. How's that for playing the odds?

Dinner was brats & hot dogs cooked over the bonfire, with beans, peanuts in shell, and the smores.

I hope everyone enjoys Mother's Day tomorrow!

We purchased a dozen chicks last Saturday, they are about 1.5-2 weeks old now. 6 of them are cornish crosses and the other 6 are different laying breeds. They all seem to be growing nicely except for one of the cornish. It doesn't seem to have really grown at all since we got it. It eats and drinks just like the rest but it just seems not to be thriving as the others are. Is there anything I should try to help this little guy out?

~Jeremy
It could have intestinal worms .. or it is just a runt..

Hey guys :)
Everyone must be busy with the beautiful day! I sadly worked all :,( but when I came home, the house was all cleaned! I told them that it was the best early mothersday present ever.
Chickens are well. We are too!
Jay, I would suggest separating that chick with one buddh. Possible it is on the bottom of the pecking prder and not getting as much... or just make sure they habe electrolytes in the water, amd look at it as survival of the fittest.
Cs, sounds like a very good dY.
Jim, I hope you get your service figured out soon! I like your posts.
Night all!

Long day today!

Up at 6:30 so I could go for a run with my oldest DD this morning. We thought we should take the two small dogs with us. Our route takes up back behind the school where there is a nice trail through some woods along the riverbank (it is where I would take Dexter). Anyway, while we were running with the dogs off-leash, Ginger decided she had better ideas and left the group...... so we wasted half an hour looking for her.

After that, I came home, showered up and took of for Mosquito Hill in New London for their annual Gardening workshop weekend and learned about planting gardens and herbs and a whole lot of stuff I already knew, but it was fun anyway.

Came home from that and sat for about an hour before DH and I had to head up to Appleton to the annual end of semester party at the Dean's house. We stayed there for a while and then had to race back to Waupaca for my sister's CD release party at one of the local coffee shops.

Came home from that and had to whip up a cheesecake for tomorrow, for the Mother's Day get together at my sister's house.

So at the moment, I am waiting for the cheesecake to finish baking so I can go to bed.

I have to give a shout out to my kids. While DH and I were out at the Dean's party, the kids went out and picked up a bouquet of flowers for me, a card, and they found a nice little bracelet too.
big_smile.png
Sometimes they can be so sweet.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's and mom substitutes.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom