Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Jim, I ended up taking the heater of the top of the bator part and putting in the bottom of the main one with the turner mechanism. I am using the top brooder part to hatch and also was using 2 of the wire trays to hatch in also but didn't want to bump the humidity up too high so moved them all to the upper. This next batch I'll just move to one of the wire hatching trays as I only have that and the guineas eggs left and I can move them where ever. Not quite sure what I am doing. I have 7 dozen to put in which should of been done lastnight but I run outta oomph for the last few days. I have tomorrow off so hope to catch up on a few things I've been putting off. Sorry to hear about the lost pup. Rudy is doing ok although he now has bladder and bowel control problems. I'm not sure if it's medical or mental yet. His entrance and exit wounds look to be healing well other than the one has a lump now on his rib where it hit, I'm sure it's just bone particles growing together. I have to take his stitches out soon on his foot but he's still limping pretty good, will have to muzzle him for this as it's quite painful to the touch yet. Completely understandable as I know from experience how bad it hurts to get a gun shot to the foot! Worst pain I've ever felt in my life!

Had an MRI of my right knee yesterday as it's been bothering me so bad the past few weeks I can hardly walk or sleep or even bent it. Just as they started they come in and said they had found a metal piece in my leg showing up on the monitors, I don't recall where it would of came from but they advised if it started to burn hollar. Well that never caused a problem but in my left hand where the thumb bone meets the hand I felt a burning excrutiating pain that felt like my thumb was being ripped off. They advised there has to be some sort of metal in it to cause such a problem, they covered it with something or other can't remember the name and made a note in my record about it. I have appt Monday for the review as they are talking I need knee surgery as my patella has spurs and my tendon is moved in the wrong spot besides they advised it was broken at one point which I really can't remember that ever happening but ya never know with my mother as she never took me to the drs much like she should of.

Chicks are still hatching slowly, I'm having a major problem with my one bator, the humidity is way too friggen high and 4 chicks so far are having leg problems on one side only. I banded the 3 yesterday and they are fine now but another one hatched earlier with the same thing. I read online that too high of humidity can cause this, anyone else ever have this happen? I know it's not genetic as it never happened before on breed or bator but humidity was never a problem before either.

Hope everyone had a good day. Maybe I can catch up on some of these posts tomorrow on my day off.

Yes I applied, I doubt if I will get a call though.

Interview at KC tomorrow, Microbiologist Technician. Another 3 1/2 hour interview session with 5 different people for a job that requires an Associate Degree.......

MG, those are some cute kids! And I would love to have a 25x25 garden! I have a 9x4 spot for tomatoes, and a 6x4 spot for other plants, then a spot along the fence.......

I suppose I should get to bed. I have done absolutely no prep work for this interview, only because I had this same interview process 5 months ago. I am sure they will use their same booklet for the interview as well......

Just got done reading over 100 posts.
th.gif
Jim, that is terrible news about your new pup! I hope you find her alive & well real soon.
hit.gif

Del, so glad to hear from you again. And I hope you are feeling better soon. Felling crappy blows for sure.
hugs.gif
Did I mention I now have 2 broodies?
somad.gif
Where were they on Mem. weekend? Witches.

Cind, with the powdery stuff from Bigz's feed, I mixed it in with my birds regular feed. It coated the pellets nicely.

Cs, I hope your hen recovers fully real soon.
hugs.gif

Good luck with the interviews, Mel. And that was really nice of you to check CL for Jim's little girl. Wow, that makes me sick to think someone might have taken her!

Ang, I agree with Jim. Leave your broodies be. They know what they are doing. I have seen my broodies (on my chicken cam) get off the nest at night when everyone else was roosting to eat, drink & leave a big broody doo.
sickbyc.gif

CRS has set in, along with the tiredness. Sorry if I missed anyone. Sweet dreams, all!

Hi All!

Jim... any news about Puppy? We all have our fingers crossed!
fl.gif

Very cute Pics!

My roo coop has a slow leak....Guess I chase them down .... again!
he.gif

Night All!

good early morning,, I woke up at 2::40AM checked the clock.. yup, I went to bed before midnight, and that is what happens..
I woke Annie up when I half crawled over her to see the clock.. then we said a few words, and suddenly I jumped out of bed.. she said , what's wrong ? I said, I heard the puppy ..'

I ran outside and called to the puppy and she came ..

she was crying and squealing like somebody just slapped her.. I let her into the house and she never shut up.. Annie and I checked her over for blood, broken bones etc.. gave her a meaty burger and some water.. she ate , and all the while kept this crying thing going.. after she ate and drank she checked out our bedroom, then the bath room and then she went behind my recliner where her cozy bed is and laid down QUIETLY at last .. she cries once in awhile but she always did that..

I don't care if she sh!ts on my old carpet.. (once).. she is back..
it just adds to the mystery of where the heII were you ??

Cind, I had to chuckle about your "slow leak" in the roo pen..

I forgot to plant Annie's potatoes .. I used up all the garden space.. I was going to plow up the ex-garden down near the road.. but I had a brainstorm sometime during the night..

why not plant them under straw in the green house.. I have nothing else planted in there, no sense letting the weeds take over.. I have 11 ft x 25 ft of dirt floor space in there. I have 50 pounds of potato seed.. I will just spread them all around and cover them with a few bales of straw/hay.. I have a nice pile of compost to add to the mix also.. now I can hardly wait for daylight..

...........jiminwisc............

Just thought I'd check in before I tried to sleep in hopes there was good news about Puppy!

celebrate.gif
wee.gif
bow.gif
GLAD SHE'S BACK!!!!!!!
ya.gif
clap.gif
love.gif
Now I can sleep in peace!

Jim... yea.... every time I went and looked ... 1 less in the roo coop and 1 more running around! Tried watching from the house to see how they were getting out, but of course, because I was watching, no one tried.

Night Again.

Jim, that is great news! I am so glad she is back! Now get that little mischief chipped!

Sleep eludes me so I might as well get up. The kittens keep pestering me anyway.....

Delish did you see my post about my Xanadu BLRW from you?

Also has anyone ever had issues with broody hens not getting off to eat/drink? I am taking them (4) out of the brooder area once a day and forcing them to run around but the brooder area where I have them-there are no signs of poop, and food hasn't been touched.
I did not..is it in here or on facebook?
If they are not eating..you are not going to find poop
some hens simply do not eat or poo much.
.others PPPPPPPPPPP UUUUUUUUUU

Just got done reading over 100 posts.
th.gif
Jim, that is terrible news about your new pup! I hope you find her alive & well real soon.
hit.gif

Del, so glad to hear from you again. And I hope you are feeling better soon. Felling crappy blows for sure.
hugs.gif
Did I mention I now have 2 broodies?
somad.gif
Where were they on Mem. weekend? Witches.

Cind, with the powdery stuff from Bigz's feed, I mixed it in with my birds regular feed. It coated the pellets nicely.

Cs, I hope your hen recovers fully real soon.
hugs.gif

Good luck with the interviews, Mel. And that was really nice of you to check CL for Jim's little girl. Wow, that makes me sick to think someone might have taken her!

Ang, I agree with Jim. Leave your broodies be. They know what they are doing. I have seen my broodies (on my chicken cam) get off the nest at night when everyone else was roosting to eat, drink & leave a big broody doo.
sickbyc.gif

CRS has set in, along with the tiredness. Sorry if I missed anyone. Sweet dreams, all!
I have some new chicks that just hatched and a few due in a few days.
I can see if I can make a run to drop them off this weekend..let me know.

I am done hatching and broke up all pens but Ameracuana's and they are only together because the male is a little chyt with all the other males..he beats up my poor silkie and Orps horribly.

Back
Top Bottom