Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Race, Race, Race Day To All....best race of the season today in my opinion.

Glad you made it home safe from the swap.

Dang that wind really has a bite to it today.

I'm all for the last of the cold weather too. If it stays in the teens at night then the water won't freeze in the coops, and I'll be happier.

Suzie could take me out to eat, but she would be spending my money anyway....I suppose the food tastes better when someone else is buying, eh.

Go Junior...bigz

Jim, Our pellet stove is on a thermostat located across the room and around the corner. It goes on and off as needed. It is one of them "fancy" ones. Well, I guess it is a pellet insert, but the pellet stove version works the same way, one of our friends has it. I still have to fill it every day though.

gotta go out now and let out the Guinea hens.
Good frosty day to you all!

lol. We got the stove still brand new on the pallet, manual and pipes with it. I got all the info, but the manual is not very well written in how to set it up the way we want it and it's our first time ever having to operate/owning one. Plus, we got some spare parts with it too (different burn pot, pan etc) that don't even get mentioned in the manual that does list all the parts for the stove with part #s. So we're just trying to figure things out as we go.

We also did google it before we started it up, and still are, but still not finding the right info on it. Yes, it is a multi fuel (wood/corn) PelPro 120, self lighting with the electric panel on the side rear by our corner wall. Tried several things, but guess I'm gonna call their customer service tomorrow when they're open again. Oh well, live and learn.

And just found out I'm gonna make a road trip to Minocqua tomorrow to pick up 3 chickens and 3 ducks from a guy on CL. He has to get rid of them cause of his home owners insurance? Really?!? Our luck I guess, as he only wants $40 for all 6 of them. Just trying to talk sclark into taking the road trip with me... company, you know?!

Brrr, still too cold to stay outside longer than absolutely needed. The wind is not nice and the sun is not warming it up at all. Can't it already be next weekend, for I can at least tell myself, tomorrow it's gonna be warmer?!?

Evening all....sitting down here in bedford pa getting unloaded at Wal-Mart...snowing like all get out down here drove in it all day from Syracuse ny I'm tired of winter...be glad to get back home..everyone keep talking about how there not getting eggs and I'm getting 12 a day I wonder what I'm doing different?..

Mine went through what I think is a loooong molt combined with bitter cold temps. They're laying like champs right now.

Stay safe out there!

Hi guys! Busy day here for sure. Lots of running

Sold some more of the BLRW I love those hens. They lay so well. Now if they could have a little talk with the SLW!! The fluffy butts are growing nicely for fair. Scott covered one of the chick pens with Tyvek so I could move a feathered bunch out there. They are doing well.

I will try to post a picture of how I had to make my way into the house with the groceries tonight.

Jim, I hope you order the steak!! Have a good date
wink.png

Sweet pic, Cuties!

I had a friend in MD who had lots of critters to feed and water. In the winter when the snow was high her horse (a Belgian) went ahead of her and made paths to the other critters.

Well, Congrats to joey logano and the( Ford Motor Company) for winning the Daytona 500 for the first time since 2000...junior did good and finished 3rd for folks that don't care..LOL!

Hope this is the last really brutal cold night...enough, is enough, and we have had enough...
barnie.gif

Venzun bbq steaks tonight...it is as good as red meat gets....with veggie melody of kohlrabi and carrots..with baked potatoes and orange jello with mandarin oranges.
Prolly a little red vino for wash.

bigz

Back
Top Bottom