Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

big_smile.png
just this past Saturday

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Holy Windy Cow to everyone. Congrats on your engagement bay,bay, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to those that are having them...hope you have a great day!

Made breakfast this morning at church for the mens weekly Lenten Breakfast. I was there right after 5:30 am.....we only served 24, so it wasn't real tuff to accomplish. Up and out the door that early was the hardest part for sure.

Well, that was a long post from you Cind. Give Paul a high five for lighting a fire under you....
gig.gif

It's hard to give up the food and drink we enjoy...try cutting me to one brew a day...LOL!

bigz

Hi All!

Thanks for putting up with my rant. I just get so frustrated with him sometimes. He gets mad when I remind him of his eating and often tries to blame me. Like I control everything he buts in his mouth! It doesn't help that work has been stressful lately, but still, I get tired of being dumped on. Then I feel bad because I feel I should support him, then he dumps, I get upset, but he's sick and under pressure, I feel bad, then he dumps.... you get the picture.

I lost a hen today. Don't know why. She was eating good and the weight was a little low, but now bad for the weather. She was about 4yrs old, but a nice hen.

Congrats on the birthdays and the engagement!

Night All!

Morning everyone!

And I'm gonna add my congrats and happy birthdays (even though they're late by now) as well!
1f381.png
1f388.png

Not much new here besides yet another (working) pellet stove, lots of lost sleep, a trip to Minocqua with sclark to pick up some chickens and ducks from CL. He said he supposedly had to get rid of them since his new home owners insurance wouldn't allow it? Malnourished birds, but we will bring them back to health. Not 3 ducks though, 2 drakes (Pekin) and a "black Pekin" girl. Most likely she is an over marked magpie or swede. Oh well. And one drake already found a new good home with a friend of mine.

Then on the way back stopped in at another bird breeder in Phillips, where she picked up a few birds and eggs for her bator. Plus, I got buff goose eggs that she said she'll hatch for me! Woot!
1f618.png

Then came back home to a frozen septic toilet pipe. Yeah. Just perfect timing. And when heading to town yesterday (a day later than usual) the car kept kicking me out of fifth gear all the time! Switched cars (so now I'm driving his shaker wagon
1f615.png
and he is planning to add more oil to the transmission again. Will this ever stop with the dang car problems?!?

In town had Funch (fun lunch) with my friend before she took Mr Snuggles back with her. Now I'm trying to relax and head to my appointments. All this with sinking temps again. Can't wait for the (almost) 30's were supposed to get this weekend! Bath time for the filthy duckies. Yeay!
1f4a6.png
1f3ca.png
1f3c4.png

So later everyone...

good morning,

Wild Sam, ducks and geese can take baths at any temperature,, It actually warms them up..
the water is above freezing and it gives them time to fluff their feathers and warm their feet..
you don't need a big swimming pool full of water, just a deep enough and wide enough pan for them to stand in,,

I have a "mud" mixing tub from Menard's that I use,, I fill it only about half full for the geese,,
then I let it freeze,, the next time I just flip the tub over and out drops a nice rectangular ice cube,, I don't dump the water before it freezes because that makes for an ice skating rink ..

my geese love it even at -20 temps..

not late for Annie's b'day,, today is it ..

last night DS took all nine of us out for chimichangas .. had a cake and all that jazz,,
shared the cake with everybody in the restaurant..
left over chimi for supper today ..
woke up at 3AM ,, very thirsty .. got up , drank a can of Sprite ..

Annie's thermostat is stuck open in her car,, DD Brenda bought her a new one and even providing someone to install it .. nice b'day present..

.....jiminwisc.........

Jim, I know they can take a bath at any temp. It's just that it's ME who has to fill the buckets in the house (IF the water lines are not frozen), carry them across half the yard and fill the kiddie pools. And with having about 60-65 waterfowl to bathe it is a skating rink, no matter what u do. Lol. The mixing tubs or troughs are too tall for the ducks and with the icy temps any steps I make will only cause injuries so I stick with the kiddie pools....
Plus, I leave it to him to turn them over and get the ice out again... Hehehe

Back
Top Bottom