Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Love the clean coop! A couple things I noticed...the roost is pretty close to the wall like CC said. Maybe the pic is deceiving though. Also anything you put in those pails for bedding will be on the floor in no time! You could tip them back or put a half lid on to keep the straw in. Good luck with your birds! So exciting. The grey walls will be covered in chicken poo soon so it probably wont matter what color they are! LOL.
Cant wait for the bash...I am going to bring a random rooster just so Gary cant sleep in! (thanks for the idea Irish!)
TerriO

Terri has to start training in that new house rooster!

Wish i could make the bash...one of these years it will happen. It is my big 40 bday weekend and hubby wants to spend it with family... no chicken talk for me.

Jim...I hope you are wrong... just this once... that I have three girls and a roo...but I suspect with my luck this is in incorrect. Then it will be determining if we want to raise the roosters for food or get rid of them! sigh

We passed the inspection, yay!

The roost is about 8" from the wall. is that too close? And is it about chicken comfort or poop on the walls?

The cinder blocks are covering the bottom edge of three bottom buckets, and we're removing the top two. (Had to have them for inspection) is that not enough to keep the straw in?

Last edited:
My friend picked up a set of plates for a hand planter at a pawn shop - for $2. He doesn't have a planter, but knew that I do. So now I have 2 sets sitting on the shelf for the planter that I haven't found yet in the boxes still unpacked from moving.

anyone have any idea on the value of old, antique stoves? even an estimate on weight for scrap value? I have three of them in various places that need to be cleared out.
Here are two of them:

Those would sell online for anywhere $200-1500. Maybe more depending on brand, age, etc.
Well, Dang. We won't be making it to the get together on Memorial Day. My son, who is a dump truck driver for Michaels only wants to char meat on the grill and sit around and his wife is way too much of a Diva to come to a chicken thing. But, I'll be thinking of you guys. Make lots of money and have a good time. Oh, and I am way to shy in big crowds to come by myself.

As a few have already stated, the bash is May 29-31...which is NOT Memorial weekend.
Love the clean coop! A couple things I noticed...the roost is pretty close to the wall like CC said. Maybe the pic is deceiving though. Also anything you put in those pails for bedding will be on the floor in no time! You could tip them back or put a half lid on to keep the straw in. Good luck with your birds! So exciting. The grey walls will be covered in chicken poo soon so it probably wont matter what color they are! LOL.
Cant wait for the bash...I am going to bring a random rooster just so Gary cant sleep in! (thanks for the idea Irish!)
TerriO
It's Nathan, but I'm sure he'll feel thankful...NOT. LOL

hello,

not getting much done today. I did clean out the dog kennel pen and put the newest 16 guineas in there.. the first 17 guineas are still in the turkey tractor.. I would like to combine them all, but I think they might fight too much.. best to let them get introduced after they are free ranging,,
then they usually stay in their separate flocks anyhow and the fighting is minimal .

the cement blocks should hold the straw in those pails.. but being on the ground, collecting eggs might be a chore.. of course you are young yet.. I need everything at waist high..

actually feels cold out today,, prolly because of the strong wind..

nothing is hatching yet.. this batch of eggs went through the ice age of a few weeks ago.. so I am not really too optimistic ..

.......jiminwisc.........

hello,

not getting much done today. I did clean out the dog kennel pen and put the newest 16 guineas in there.. the first 17 guineas are still in the turkey tractor.. I would like to combine them all, but I think they might fight too much.. best to let them get introduced after they are free ranging,,
then they usually stay in their separate flocks anyhow and the fighting is minimal .

the cement blocks should hold the straw in those pails.. but being on the ground, collecting eggs might be a chore.. of course you are young yet.. I need everything at waist high..

actually feels cold out today,, prolly because of the strong wind..

nothing is hatching yet.. this batch of eggs went through the ice age of a few weeks ago.. so I am not really too optimistic ..

waist high or higher! Amen.

hello,

not getting much done today.  I did clean out the dog kennel pen and put the newest 16 guineas in there..  the first 17 guineas are still in the turkey tractor..  I would like to combine them all, but I think they might fight too much..  best to let them get introduced after they are free ranging,,

the cement blocks should hold the straw in those pails..  but being on the ground, collecting eggs might be a chore..  of course you are young yet..   I need everything at waist high..

actually feels cold out today,,  prolly because of the strong wind..

nothing is hatching yet..  this batch of eggs went through the ice age of a few weeks ago..  so I am not really too optimistic ..

I'm thirty myself, but i have three young sons to send in to collect eggs. :)

With all the losses being posted on here lately I thought everyone could use a dose of cute. Couple day old Australian Spotted Ducklings.

Been looking for a couple ASD's for some time, finally broke down and ordered the minimum from holderreads. Showed up this morning. Once I figure out what I have I'll be selling off the extras at cost if anyone is interested.

robert

I just saw your post on Facebook and was going to see how far you were from me before responding.

I was wrong,, something is hatching,, chickens,, in the incubator.. I have no idea whose eggs they are,, i will find out when I transfer the rest of the eggs and the hatched chicks into the hatcher..

byc or my server is screwing up.. I am not getting notified when people post on here..
I selected "immediately" a couple of times today, but with no positive results..

I am going on YouTube and looking for ideas for a dimpler typ of tool to poke holes for planting onion sets.. otherwise I will have to invent one..

Back
Top Bottom