Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I am going to have to keep an eye here for swaps up closer to Appleton, think the kids would enjoy.
Thanks for the Anniversary reminder coming up in a couple weeks 16 years, hope I get off as easy as $200 wife wants a hypoallergenic puppy and all the work would fall to me.........she and the kids have too many evening activities to be dealing with a puppy.

One of the kids is seriously allergic to real dogs like Labs, Goldens etc.

Dumb question - how do you find out about swaps? Are they usually advertised somewhere?
There's a site called poultry show central you can Google that name. Also a Fe FB pages.

Now on my was to Caledonia to pick up a few roosters. Now looking for a nice Biff Orp roo to go with the 3 pretty English ladies I picked up at the swap.

There's a site called poultry show central you can Google that name. Also a Fe FB pages.

Now on my was to Caledonia to pick up a few roosters. Now looking for a nice Biff Orp roo to go with the 3 pretty English ladies I picked up at the swap.
Dang! I was looking for something to do today,and the wife JUST headed out to Johnson Creek! We could of made a stop in Jefferson if I had known earlier. I figure we wouldn't get there till after 4:30 or so,so it would be winding down.. Looks like there is one there next month though. Thanks for the website link. Not really looking for anything,but would like to see different breeds,meet people,and I'm sure there is some interesting stuff to see there.

My hand is a little better,but I had one of the kids fire up the log splitter to split wood today. I want to let it rest. It hurt like heck at work last night,but seems to feel better when I don't use it. It's my left hand,and I'm left handed,so I can't totally rest it,but the pushing,pulling,lifting at work make it flare up.

Hope everyone who is ill feels better.

It has been a busy weekend for me. I am not all moved in yet. I will no longer be sleeping at Joes house after Sunday. I have way too much crap I need to get rid of at his place. I wish I was farther along in my recovery to get more work done. It is awful when you loose so much strength so darn fast. I hurt pretty bad tonight. Tomorrow I am taking my pillows and most of my cloths.

I hope everyone is well and loading up the incubators.

Thanks Brent. He was a good boy.

Sorry to hear you & Suzie are feeling poorly. There is definitely something going around. My mom got sick on Monday also & is still trying to shake it. I hope you are both feeling netter real soon, and you too Cind.
hugs.gif
sorry about your male lavender..you can use your black male in there..he will help to darken your lavenders.Add black into the lavenders also improved feather quality.

Get well to all of the sick people..

Happy belated Annie and everyone else I missed.

I am going to have to keep an eye here for swaps up closer to Appleton, think the kids would enjoy.
Thanks for the Anniversary reminder coming up in a couple weeks 16 years, hope I get off as easy as $200 wife wants a hypoallergenic puppy and all the work would fall to me.........she and the kids have too many evening activities to be dealing with a puppy.

One of the kids is seriously allergic to real dogs like Labs, Goldens etc.

I must have rubbed shoulders with you! !
I was there at 5:45 in the morning to help Kristi P get some OEGB silver duck wing hens.
And see what there was to be had.
I decided i needed at least one cute "useless" bird, which turned out to be a Serama pair.
And one heritage Rhode island red hen.

Dang! I was looking for something to do today,and the wife JUST headed out to Johnson Creek! We could of made a stop in Jefferson if I had known earlier. I figure we wouldn't get there till after 4:30 or so,so it would be winding down.. Looks like there is one there next month though. Thanks for the website link. Not really looking for anything,but would like to see different breeds,meet people,and I'm sure there is some interesting stuff to see there.

My hand is a little better,but I had one of the kids fire up the log splitter to split wood today. I want to let it rest. It hurt like heck at work last night,but seems to feel better when I don't use it. It's my left hand,and I'm left handed,so I can't totally rest it,but the pushing,pulling,lifting at work make it flare up.

Hope everyone who is ill feels better. 

67 drake the swaps go from 6-11 or so normally.

They have changed the location of the one usually up in Beaver dam to Jefferson it will be March 26th.
Happy belated birthday Annie

good morning,, I got to bed very late, (early this morning) then about 8AM I got a call from Annie's sister.
Our nephew caught a 38 inch Northern Pike,, they don't eat fish, so I get them..
this one looks like a female, I would have rather had them let her go, but what is done is done,,
I will be cutting fillets after I have lotsa cuppas .

5 eggs in the nests so far today,
I left them there to "prime the pump" , so to speak.

I have someone looking for geese, guineas and laying hens.. let me know if you have any of these..

coffee is ready,, bbl.... ........ jiminwisc.......

Raceday to everyone. Good race going around today. Nice that you folks got something done yesterday with the decent weather....still on the mend here, but much improved today after a full week of being sick.

Best of luck to those sapping already...hope you have a great year and bring me a sample...
frow.gif

Jennie's friend that mounts my deer horns for me caught a 57" snake in the nest box inside his chicken coop yesterday....it already ate one of the blue eggs and was workin at another when he caught him red handed.
It was a western foxsnake.... http://dnr.wi.gov/org/caer/ce/eek/critter/reptile/foxsnake.htm

Wish someone would bring me fresh caught fish....it would be FFS here!

Back to the race.

bigz

Back
Top Bottom