Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hi All,

I couldn't get a picture of the rooster, but I did get the geese at their first bath since before winter.

that "pool" is a mud mixer from Menard's. I have been using it continuously for over 7 years.
I had two of them, but they do not hold up well to being run over by a tractor.

the female is in the water, Baby Huey is just drinking for now.

I noticed today that she has a good sized ruder .
Annie said she saw her pulling straw into a pile.
so maybe she will lay a few eggs this spring.
when I had a large flock of geese, they would have lots of eggs laid by now.

I just had the dogs in for treats.. it is raining lightly.
ever notice how much more friendly a wet dog is ?.
........jiminwisc...........

It's my lemon blue pen with a couple off oddballs thrown in.  My brown red rooster with blue, black, splash, lemon blue and blue buff columbian hens.  I am in Amery.

Thank you very much but I think I need to pass for now. I would love some, adore some really, but I've since promised DH2B that I would wait until next year to add cochins so if you've got some next year count me in :) I have one bantam barred cochin pullet(She's supposed to be pure but I suspect she's a mix possibly with a bantam barred rock as she has little leg feathers.)
Thank you so much if you would still be willing I would love to see some pictures of your flock so I can dream about next year. :)

BBP...that Gold hen is gorgeous!!

Waiting to candle my eggs in the incubator. Stuffed a bunch of eggs in there and hoping they all hatch. Thanks Terri and Heather for some eggs! My bantams are not laying yet which is the only rooster I have right now.
Getting 4-7 eggs a day from a dozen girls. Hoping teh rain holds off so I can do the big clean this weekend. Would be so nice to get some yuck out of the coop.
Otherwise just busy with kids sports and family stuff. Still alot of family in and out of the area with parents on each side being sickly.

Cindy... get health soon! You need a break!

Well for some reason I did not have the ability to sleep last night. Read a bunch of my book and played some games on my phone but the sandman refused to stop by. One tired puppy here today. Keep the coffee flowing!!!!

Hello Wisconsin. I've posted here before, but never took the time to say,"hi", to my neighbors. I'm Dan from Ladysmith. My wife and I are both pet crazy.

Have a great day.

good morning,

I'm about all cuppa'd up.

I fell to sleep with the TV on. I woke up listening to an infomercial, I never watch those things. I think what woke me up is the repetition , saying the same thing over and over and over and .............get it ?

I am going to wait for a sunny day to take the picture of the rooster. they always look more colorful in the sunlight..

he is one busy dude with 18 hens to take care of.
I told Annie that I wanted to get rid of him, she said,
"Why ? he's happy " ...

............jiminwisc............

Back
Top Bottom