Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Rainy late afternoon here. Busy in the gardens today picking pickles today, as well as broccoli, bell peppers, and my first tomato. More are turning color and this is when we reap rewards for the efforts.

Depends on how good a shot you are GG....22 is plenty if you are a good marksman or any shotgun if your aim is less than stellar LOL! Remember that they taste like chicken!

bigz

Rabbit found the new bean bed. Preferred gun for dispatch?

vitamin .22 always worked for me.

I found a hiller attachment for a Troy Bilt tiller on wausau craig's list for $50.oo. I am thinking the guy could be talked down on the price..
I already have one, but if anybody is interested, there it is..

.........jiminwisc.....

Rainy late afternoon here. Busy in the gardens today picking pickles today, as well as broccoli, bell peppers, and my first tomato. More are turning color and this is when we reap rewards for the efforts.

Depends on how good a shot you are GG....22 is plenty if you are a good marksman or any shotgun if your aim is less than stellar LOL! Remember that they taste like chicken!

bigz
You said it! I love love love rabbit. I buy em from a guy I work with at the meat market for 6 bucks apiece dressed out. I have 12 coming Tuesday actually.

Quote:
back in the day, I used to hunt cottontails and snowshoes a lot.

I boiled them in plain water until the meat came off the bone,
then I would strip all the meat off the bone, brown the meat a little in a kettle, then make a nice thick gravy and add some veggies and eat a stew to die for..

That is a good deal cory, treat that guy good to keep the supply coming..

looks like a wet day coming up. kind of thwarts my plan of spreading some wood chips. I don't want to drive Ollie over the soft wet lawn.

time out, have to find my fly swatter. always gotta be one pesky fly around..

..........jiminwisc........

Balmy Sunday for sure here when the Sun popped out. Great deal cw on the bunnies....what's for supper Tuesday night? Gotta have a fresh meal, eh!

Nothing new here...my grass is prolly a foot tall now...when I cut it next week, Ill be able to rake up loads for the compost pile, unless weather is perfect for drying and using in the coops this winter....large mesh bags work well for storage...but it needs to be super dry to avoid molding.

bigz

Balmy Sunday for sure here when the Sun popped out. Great deal cw on the bunnies....what's for supper Tuesday night? Gotta have a fresh meal, eh!

Nothing new here...my grass is prolly a foot tall now...when I cut it next week, Ill be able to rake up loads for the compost pile, unless weather is perfect for drying and using in the coops this winter....large mesh bags work well for storage...but it needs to be super dry to avoid molding.

bigz

there were times when I wished I had a dump rake for my tractor after I mowed the lawn. so far this year I have been able to stay ahead of the game.

I have to order another carb rebuild kit for the Murray this time.
all I really need is a diaphragm, but it is cheaper to buy the whole kit than just a diaphragm..

..........jiminwisc........

Canned 13 pints of pickled beets today. I only do those every 2 or 3 years so I will make at least one more batch. Gave a load of cukes to the chickens and they went nuts. Got more beans to pick and tomatoes should start any day now. Love this time of year. Lawn needs it here too, but we have gotten almost 5 inches of rain in the last 2-3 days.

good morning,

still nice and cool out there.

big project today is taking the Blazer to have the fuel line fixed..
have to drive about 20 miles to the fixit shop. hope I don't run out of gas.

..........jiminwisc..........

Good luck, Jim.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom